Windows 10: Static sound issues Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Static sound issues Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Someone please help! The most infuriating thing is happening to me and i have yet to find a fix.. I am experiencing heavy static in ANY headphones i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LukeNeal, Nov 19, 2018.

1. LukeNeal Win User

Static sound issues Windows 10 PC

Someone please help! The most infuriating thing is happening to me and i have yet to find a fix.. I am experiencing heavy static in ANY headphones i use currently with my computer.. At first it started with my wireless ASTRO 50 Wireless headphones.. but now after switching to HyperX Revolvers, the problem persists..

I have attempted to use ALL USB ports provided as well as the audio jacks (Green and pink ports) but still the issue remains.. Here is what i've attempted so far:

-Updated ANY and ALL drivers to include Sound Drivers, MB, USB, etc.. Everything says currently Up to Date.

-Rebooted an ungodly amount of times.. After switching any and all settings i always do a fresh reboot but it doesn't fix anything.

-Tried to "Disable All Enhancements"

-Made my Microphone under settings dial to "0".

-With my ASTRO Headphones, i run across a post that said to change your Router settings channel to below 100 and i did this, and still the problem remains.

I just hope that someone can come along here and give me something to do.. I've exhausted all steps and even spent countless hours with Microsoft support with them going through my settings and making changes and still the static is there... Please help me community..

:)

LukeNeal, Nov 19, 2018
  2. jwadew Win User

Windows 10 no sound, just static

This computer came pre-loaded with Windows 10, I have owned it for two months, with no sound problems. This morning (unknown if there was a Windows update last night) the sound does not work. There is no partial sound when attempting to play music. There is only a constant (with or without playing music) low-level static.

I have done all the usual steps with drivers, updating, uninstalling, deleting, reinstalling. No change.

Originally in device manager, under Sound there was listed (I forget the exact wording):
    Intel
    Realtek
    NVidea

After uninstalling and rebooting there is only:
    High Definition Audio Device (assume this is the default)

On the Asus support website where are only Realtek audio drivers. I downloaded and installed those. So now device manager, under sound, shows:
    High Definition Audio Device
    Realtek High Definition Audio

No matter what I do, same result, just low-level static, no sound or music of any kind.

Any ideas anyone?

Asus U534UX laptop, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel Core i7-6500U 2.50GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2 TB Mechanical.

jwadew, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Sound issue swith Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing sound issue with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Static sound issues Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Static sound issues

2. Headset making static sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset making static sound: Hey! So recently I've got my computer cleaned, as it was pretty dirty on the inside. After I received it back, also with a new ssd card installed now I have two, as I connected my Redragon Zeus 2 headset, it started making this sound it's the audio I recorded to show my...
  3. Static sound in windows 11 on a macbook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static sound in windows 11 on a macbook: I have a macbook 13', it's the 2019 four thunderbolt versioni5 8279u, 8gb ram, 512 storageI uses windows 11, everytime when i play sound through my headphone there is static sound, i know it isn't a hardware problem because on my macos it worked perfectly. I tryed to...
  4. Static sound in windows 11 on a macbook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static sound in windows 11 on a macbook: I have a macbook 13', it's the 2019 four thunderbolt versioni5 8279u, 8gb ram, 512 storageI uses windows 11, everytime when i play sound through my headphone there is static sound, i know it isn't a hardware problem because on my macos it worked perfectly. I tryed to...
  5. Windows not saving sound settings. Static sound forms.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not saving sound settings. Static sound forms.: Hello,I got the quite common issue that my integrated Realtek Audiocard at randomly starts creating a very loud static noise. I usually use the SPDIF out for the device. I never have the issue if I use the same audio device via USB, however, The sound quality via USB is...
  6. Static sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Static sound: Hello so i have a problem with my pc i have realtek drivers the newest one but i changed my driver to headphone high defenition it sounds really good at first when i changed but next when i turned on my pc and started watching a youtube video i could hear a static noise in my...
  7. Sound/comp issues, stuttering static etc

Sound/comp issues, stuttering static etc: I've been having an issue for a week or so now involving my sound. The issue is static and popping noise with my computer lagging at times. It happens most when I'm loading something or downloading something otherwise it happens at random. I did a LatancyMon which I attached....
  8. Sound/comp issues, stuttering static etc

Sound/comp issues, stuttering static etc: I've been having an issue for a week or so now involving my sound. The issue is static and popping noise with my computer lagging at times. It happens most when I'm loading something or downloading something otherwise it happens at random. I did a LatancyMon which I attached....
  9. Static sound

Static sound: Hi, I have a problem with my sound. I have static sound in my headphones. I tried using different headphone or speaker devices but it occurs with using any headphones or speakers. I tried updating windows and using the troubleshoot method and nothing works. Recently I used...
  10. Windows 10 no sound, just static

Windows 10 no sound, just static: This computer came pre-loaded with Windows 10, I have owned it for two months, with no sound problems. This morning (unknown if there was a Windows update last night) the sound does not work. There is no partial sound when attempting to play music. There is only a constant...