Windows 10: Static sound

Discus and support Static sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with my sound. I have static sound in my headphones. I tried using different headphone or speaker devices but it occurs with using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alex._._, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Alex._._ Win User

Static sound

Hi, I have a problem with my sound. I have static sound in my headphones. I tried using different headphone or speaker devices but it occurs with using any headphones or speakers. I tried updating windows and using the troubleshoot method and nothing works.

Recently I used skype after a long time and ever since then I have this problem.

Any ideas what i could do?

I have windows 10

:)

Alex._._, Feb 23, 2019
  2. jwadew Win User

Windows 10 no sound, just static

This computer came pre-loaded with Windows 10, I have owned it for two months, with no sound problems. This morning (unknown if there was a Windows update last night) the sound does not work. There is no partial sound when attempting to play music. There is only a constant (with or without playing music) low-level static.

I have done all the usual steps with drivers, updating, uninstalling, deleting, reinstalling. No change.

Originally in device manager, under Sound there was listed (I forget the exact wording):
    Intel
    Realtek
    NVidea

After uninstalling and rebooting there is only:
    High Definition Audio Device (assume this is the default)

On the Asus support website where are only Realtek audio drivers. I downloaded and installed those. So now device manager, under sound, shows:
    High Definition Audio Device
    Realtek High Definition Audio

No matter what I do, same result, just low-level static, no sound or music of any kind.

Any ideas anyone?

Asus U534UX laptop, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel Core i7-6500U 2.50GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2 TB Mechanical.

jwadew, Feb 23, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Static sound :p

cadaveca, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Static sound

Static on sound output - N95

Does anyone know what can cause static on the sound output from an N95...

I cleaned the speaker grills and it's gone away to an extent but it's still there driving me mad...

Any suggestions?

truetenacity, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Static sound

1. Static sound - Similar Threads - Static sound

2. My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...: When I start to play games my pc its fine for maybe 40 - 60 minutes, then I start to get random fps drops that drop to like 3 fps then my audio sounds like static, this only last for a few seconds but it starts to do it every 4 minutes or so....
  3. My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...: When I start to play games my pc its fine for maybe 40 - 60 minutes, then I start to get random fps drops that drop to like 3 fps then my audio sounds like static, this only last for a few seconds but it starts to do it every 4 minutes or so....
  4. if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...: HelloI use a Windows 10 computer and one day I had my brightness all the way up as I usually do and all of a sudden it started flashing dark colors you can still see but it looks like it is at the darkest setting when this happens I can hear this fan or static sound that I...
  5. if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...

if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...: HelloI use a Windows 10 computer and one day I had my brightness all the way up as I usually do and all of a sudden it started flashing dark colors you can still see but it looks like it is at the darkest setting when this happens I can hear this fan or static sound that I...
  6. if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Speakers making either popping sounds or electric static like when disconnected windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers making either popping sounds or electric static like when disconnected windows 11: Hi,So I've upgraded to win 11 lately. Had no problem in windows 10.This is a lenovo LOQ 15 new laptop. Didn't have a problem before in the short time i've ran win 10.It's connected to a speaker system, receiver outputing to 2 big speakers.Now, shortly after getting windows...
  8. Speakers making either popping sounds or electric static like when disconnected windows 11

Speakers making either popping sounds or electric static like when disconnected windows 11: Hi,So I've upgraded to win 11 lately. Had no problem in windows 10.This is a lenovo LOQ 15 new laptop. Didn't have a problem before in the short time i've ran win 10.It's connected to a speaker system, receiver outputing to 2 big speakers.Now, shortly after getting windows...
  9. Background Audio Sounds Like Static

Background Audio Sounds Like Static: When I have more than 1 audio output at the same time, it will distort one of them making it sound grainy. Is there a setting I need to change? Surface Laptop 4...
  10. Background Audio Sounds Like Static

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Audio Sounds Like Static: When I have more than 1 audio output at the same time, it will distort one of them making it sound grainy. Is there a setting I need to change? Surface Laptop 4...