Windows 10: "Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10

Discus and support "Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I do not need to see the "Status" column. When I open the list of available columns, I clear the checkmark from the "Status" option. When I go back in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Janet Hunter, Apr 29, 2019.

1. "Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10

I do not need to see the "Status" column. When I open the list of available columns, I clear the checkmark from the "Status" option. When I go back in to the folder the "Status column appears again. I've tried rebooted after the change, but the column is still there. There is no indication as to what status it's even providing. Is it stating that the folder/file is available, that's it's shared … what? What does a green check mark in the 'Status" column indicate. This issue only pertains to my local folders and files. The "Status" column is not even an option for any of the folders and files on the network (please refer to the screen captures).

How do I turn off the "Status" column so that it no longer appears?

"Status column is visible.

"Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10 12b56709-188d-4b02-a711-d8e3fd5e2bad?upload=true.jpg

Changing setting to not see "Status"

"Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10 e28493af-b6a3-46c8-bc2e-a545250d1dce?upload=true.jpg

The "Status" option is no longer selected

"Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10 63926963-2cea-47cb-8484-f124811f3ee2?upload=true.jpg

The "Status" column is no longer visible

"Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10 04a18200-c623-4233-ba93-66d546856b93?upload=true.jpg

When I leave the folder and go back in to it, the "Status" columns appears … AGAIN.

"Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10 ea1d7c51-e2df-46ac-8867-f9bd39880980?upload=true.jpg

Network folders and files without "Status" option

"Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10 19fff7d0-c4f5-487d-8a95-7b445421d4ac?upload=true.jpg

:)

Janet Hunter, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Dave1776 Win User

Windows Explorer Status column

Hi

I just redid my system and I must have accidentally selected OneDrive as now all my files and folders seem to have double arrows in a circle refresh icon similar to the below image

"Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10 [​IMG]

See the below screen shot for what I mean

"Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10 [​IMG]

How do I get rid of these arrows not just in the column as shown but also along side file and folder names of alot of my files. Just to the left of the file name.

I have turned off OneDrive in the settings and I have also change explorer settings by going into OPTIONS in VIEW and in the view tab I scroll down to where it says

ALWAYS SHOW AVAILABILITY STATUS

It was unchecked to begin with so I tried checking it then applying and then unchecking and applying and it refuses to remove the status icons and column.

I have also tried to remove the status column by right clicking the column title bar and unchecking status and it removes it but when I reopen explorer the column is right back there.

What do I need to do to get rid of this icon?

UPDATE: I also checked the registry and the setting is showing as 0 in the following listing

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

NavPaneShowAllCloudStates

Thanks

Dave1776, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2019
  4. roninrr2 Win User

"Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10

File Explorer - what are the meanning of the status and availability columns

HI, need some help-

I am trying to determine if the files I see on my Windows 10 system are really in my computer or if they are only in Onedrive.

A tech guy (Carbonite) told me that the files in my computer were only place-holders and Carbonite could not back them up, whereas I am certain I read someplace in the Onedrive documentations that place-holders were in Windows 8.1, but removed in Windows
    10 -- BUT that the next big update (Redstone, I believe) was going to put the place-holders back into Windows 10 (i.e. to support the OneDrive-Only file storage).

I also read that the physical location of a file can be determined by adding an "Availability" column to File Explorer. I did that and don't see anything in that column, but when I added an "Availability status" column to File Explorer, I see "Available
    on this device" in this column -- which I assume means that the files are available locally on my PC as well as in the Onedrive cloud.

Additionally, File Explorer also has/has a new column of just "Status". (I didn't add that column, but maybe the Onedrive App did.) Anyway, in that column is a little green circle with a checkmark in it. So is that just an abbreviation of the "Availability
    status" column, meaning the file is also being stored on my computer and available locally, as well as being sync'd with Onedrive.

Can you help me out with this.

New Onedrive user, ron in round rock

roninrr2, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

"Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10

1. "Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Status column File

2. How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?: I need to remove the status column as I no longer have my PC linked to a One Drive account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-status-column-from-file/0799a53a-de0f-48b3-912f-eeec4a3ef849
  3. How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?: I need to remove the status column as I no longer have my PC linked to a One Drive account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-status-column-from-file/0799a53a-de0f-48b3-912f-eeec4a3ef849
  4. File Explorer - Status column problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  5. File Explorer - Status column problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  6. file explorer columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer columns: The problem is since update to version 1909 the bit rate is not showing in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-columns/a243c5e2-ac14-4cae-b62e-895a75d97cae
  7. "Status" column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Status" column in File Explorer: What is the signification of the symbols which appear in the "Status" column in File Explorer e.g. a OneDrive type "cloud", a green circle enclosing a tick etc?...
  8. Windows Explorer Default File Columns

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer Default File Columns: Is there a way to change the default columns when viewing in Windows Explorer? Every time I create a new folder, especially for audio files, I have to change the configuration of what info I want to see. And sometimes Windows doesn't SAVE that configuration? I have tried...
  9. Windows Explorer Status column

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Status column: Hi I just redid my system and I must have accidentally selected OneDrive as now all my files and folders seem to have double arrows in a circle refresh icon similar to the below image [img] See the below screen shot for what I mean [img] How do I get rid of these...
  10. File Explorer Column Headings

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Column Headings: Hello, Each time I make a new folder to store there some media files such as music or video, imediantly the column headings (automaticaly) are (except the name), as follows: # , Title, Contributing Artists, Album. So I have to click on each heading to change it (except...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer status symbols

2. what is status on file explorer

3. status file explorer

4. file explorer status column,
  5. status in explorer,
  6. status file explorer in windows 10,
  7. status column,
  8. windows 10 file explorer status,
  9. status column file explorer,
  10. status symbols in file explorer in windows 10,
  11. windows file explorer status symbols,