Windows 10: "Status" column in File Explorer

Discus and support "Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is the signification of the symbols which appear in the "Status" column in File Explorer e.g. a OneDrive type "cloud", a green circle enclosing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thecurmudgeon(2), Aug 8, 2019.

1. "Status" column in File Explorer

What is the signification of the symbols which appear in the "Status" column in File Explorer e.g. a OneDrive type "cloud", a green circle enclosing a tick etc?

:)

thecurmudgeon(2), Aug 8, 2019

2. "Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10

I verified that the view option "Always show availability status" and "Show status bar" were cleared, but the "Status" column is still showing. I selected the two options, applied the changes and then cleared both of the options and applied the changes,
    but the "Status" column still appears.
    "Status" column in File Explorer 27d0c4f8-ec5e-4d53-bdbd-9a0a8c63181d?upload=true.jpg

As you can see, the parameter is not selected, but the "Status" column is still visible.

"Status" column in File Explorer 297fda40-2560-41f4-925e-57b6ae88b7e8?upload=true.jpg

Here are my guesses:

• MS has another bug in the software
    • MS has made the column permanent
    • Changes to what I see in File Explorer are applied, but are not being retained
    • There is another way to turn off the "Status" column

Thanks for your help.

Janet Hunter, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Dave1776 Win User
    Windows Explorer Status column

Hi

I just redid my system and I must have accidentally selected OneDrive as now all my files and folders seem to have double arrows in a circle refresh icon similar to the below image

"Status" column in File Explorer [​IMG]

See the below screen shot for what I mean

"Status" column in File Explorer [​IMG]

How do I get rid of these arrows not just in the column as shown but also along side file and folder names of alot of my files. Just to the left of the file name.

I have turned off OneDrive in the settings and I have also change explorer settings by going into OPTIONS in VIEW and in the view tab I scroll down to where it says

ALWAYS SHOW AVAILABILITY STATUS

It was unchecked to begin with so I tried checking it then applying and then unchecking and applying and it refuses to remove the status icons and column.

I have also tried to remove the status column by right clicking the column title bar and unchecking status and it removes it but when I reopen explorer the column is right back there.

What do I need to do to get rid of this icon?

UPDATE: I also checked the registry and the setting is showing as 0 in the following listing

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

NavPaneShowAllCloudStates

Thanks

Dave1776, Aug 8, 2019
  4. "Status" column in File Explorer

File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

"Status" column in File Explorer

1. "Status" column in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Status column File

2. How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?: I need to remove the status column as I no longer have my PC linked to a One Drive account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-status-column-from-file/0799a53a-de0f-48b3-912f-eeec4a3ef849
  3. How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?: I need to remove the status column as I no longer have my PC linked to a One Drive account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-status-column-from-file/0799a53a-de0f-48b3-912f-eeec4a3ef849
  4. File Explorer - Status column problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  5. File Explorer - Status column problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  6. File Explorer Tags column

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Tags column: Hello How do I get PDF tags to show in the File Explorer Tags column? please see image below.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tags-column/20e8c79b-6499-4e5e-bf02-3247f28ab7c9
  7. file explorer columns

file explorer columns: The problem is since update to version 1909 the bit rate is not showing in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-columns/a243c5e2-ac14-4cae-b62e-895a75d97cae
  8. "Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10

"Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10: I do not need to see the "Status" column. When I open the list of available columns, I clear the checkmark from the "Status" option. When I go back in to the folder the "Status column appears again. I've tried rebooted after the change, but the column is still there. There is...
  9. Windows Explorer Status column

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Status column: Hi I just redid my system and I must have accidentally selected OneDrive as now all my files and folders seem to have double arrows in a circle refresh icon similar to the below image [img] See the below screen shot for what I mean [img] How do I get rid of these...
  10. File Explorer Column Headings

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Column Headings: Hello, Each time I make a new folder to store there some media files such as music or video, imediantly the column headings (automaticaly) are (except the name), as follows: # , Title, Contributing Artists, Album. So I have to click on each heading to change it (except...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. status column in file explorer

2. how to check file status column

3. what is the status column in file explorer

4. windows file explorer status,
  5. what is status in windows explorer,
  6. onedriver file explorer status column,
  7. What is the status column on the windows File Explorer screen