Windows 10: Status of support for SMB1 and SMB2

Discus and support Status of support for SMB1 and SMB2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an external hard file connected to a WiFi network. When i try and access the file I now get a message from MS that SMB1 is no longer supported... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stephen Bernstein, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Status of support for SMB1 and SMB2

I have an external hard file connected to a WiFi network. When i try and access the file I now get a message from MS that SMB1 is no longer supported due to security problems. Use SMB2 instead. Where in MS land can I find more info?

:)

Stephen Bernstein, Dec 9, 2018

2. SMB1 disabled; No longer have access to mapped network shares via File Explorer

As per Microsoft suggestion I disabled the SMB1 protocol to stave off Wcry type attacks. At the same time I made sure SMB2 protocol was enabled. Now, i can no longer access mapped network shares using File Explorer. To verify the situation I turned SMB1
    back on and was again able to use File Explorer successfully. The network drive is operating properly; I checked using the browser admin features over IP. At present SMB1 is still off and SMB2 is on.

What must I do short of re-enabling SMB1 to allow File Explorer to access the network drive?

M.B.

Config; Windows 10 Pro - latest, Synology DSM - latest

Major Bystander, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Donnes78 Win User
    How Can I Get SMB2 On Version 1803 Of Windows 10

Ok But Is it neccessary to enable SMB2, I still use SMB1

Donnes78, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Status of support for SMB1 and SMB2

SMB1 disabled, SMB2 enabled; Can no longer access network shares

I've heard the same from several sources and have reverted to smb1. Even so, I wonder why smb2/smb3 isn't enough to provide access to the networked resources. Thanks for the reply.

m.b.

Major Bystander, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Status of support for SMB1 and SMB2

1. Status of support for SMB1 and SMB2 - Similar Threads - Status support SMB1

2. smb1 disabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smb1 disabled?: My NAS uses SMB1. The last time I restarted, Windows no longer allows connections to my NAS because they have decided that SMB1 is not safe enough for use in my local network. Is there a way around this?...
  3. smb1 disabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    smb1 disabled?: My NAS uses SMB1. The last time I restarted, Windows no longer allows connections to my NAS because they have decided that SMB1 is not safe enough for use in my local network. Is there a way around this?...
  4. The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?: :..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2? What do I need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-mapped-network-drive-could-not-be-created/a73634ee-8c44-4111-857c-b06038aadf17
  5. The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?: :..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2? What do I need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-mapped-network-drive-could-not-be-created/a73634ee-8c44-4111-857c-b06038aadf17
  6. Smb1 to smb2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Smb1 to smb2: My computers can't see my network drive so I need to upgrade from smb1 to smb2 so does anyone know how to do this? 149566
  7. SMB1 Error

SMB1 Error: Hello all, I have a NAS that I have been using for years. All of a sudden I get the following error when I try to connect to it; You can't connect to the file share because it's not secure. This share requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol, which is unsafe and could expose...
  8. aktivate SMB1 and disable SMB2 bei Win10

aktivate SMB1 and disable SMB2 bei Win10: Hallo Community, aktivate SMB1 and disable SMB2 bei Win10 ? ( Ich will mit Win10 auf einem Windows NT Prof. SP3 Druckerserver im Intranet mit SMB1 drucken: entweder muß ich bei Win10 SMB1 aktivate oder bei Win NT SMB2 aktivate ) Antwort:...
  9. SMB1 Product Clearinghouse

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SMB1 Product Clearinghouse: With SMBv1 being deprecated in the Fall Creators Update, this may come in handy. I ran across an MS blog listing known product dependencies. Applies mostly to server environment, but is useful for cross-referencing should a post come up here with SMBv1 issues. SMB1 Product...
  10. SMB1 disabled, SMB2 enabled; Can no longer access network shares

SMB1 disabled, SMB2 enabled; Can no longer access network shares: Hey All, After the recent Wanncry attacks I disabled SMB1 protocol as per the cautionary suggestions from Msft et al. Now I can no longer access my network shares via File Explorer. I am still able to access the network device using IP address via browser. However, the...