Windows 10: STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT errors on SMB2 with Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Discus and support STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT errors on SMB2 with Windows 10 Professional 64-bit in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying to debug a performance issue with a legacy application at a small retail shop I support. The shop has 5 systems running Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffBandle, Jan 16, 2019.

1. STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT errors on SMB2 with Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

I have been trying to debug a performance issue with a legacy application at a small retail shop I support. The shop has 5 systems running Windows 10 Professional, a "server" that is 64-bit, 2 stations both 64-bit and 2 other stations both 32 bit. The shop runs a legacy application that makes heavy use of files on the server via an SMB2 share configured as an N: drive on each station. Each station starts the application on the server via a unique .BAT file located on the shared N: drive.

On the Win 10 Pro 64-bit stations, at the order entry screen, there are noticeable delays of up to 10 seconds per field, which bogs down the order entry process. On the Win 10 Pro 32-bit stations, no such delays occur. I've taken Wireshark traces from each station and the main difference I'm seeing is a lot of STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT SMB2 errors on the stations with the delays...none on the normal working stations.

All stations access the share with the same Admin credentials.

What has me flummoxed is why this problem is only happening on 2 of the systems? All systems are on the same Windows 10 Pro update. The 2 64-bit stations are on much newer hardware compared with the 32 bit stations with 8th generation Intel I3 processors and 8 gig of memory compared to older dual core Pentiums with 2 gig of memory..I don't think it can be a hardware issue. All networking interfaces are talking at 1Gig via hardwire ethernet. All plug into a Netgear router.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

:)

JeffBandle, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise??

Are you sure you read the whole tutorial? You can see this in Part Three, step 3.1:

STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT errors on SMB2 with Windows 10 Professional 64-bit [​IMG]

... and then starting from step 3.2 the instructions about how to make it bootable.

3. Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise??

With due respect this error was different. I followed the steps.

This is not - No UEFI-compatible file system was found. rather it is No x64-based UEFI boot loader was found

Thank you for your kind guidance.

sunandoghosh, Jan 16, 2019
  4. STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT errors on SMB2 with Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Windows 10 Professional 64-bit services.msc

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

The base windows O.S., without any additional programs, apps, or services installed on it,

please can you provide a complete list of all services listed in services.msc, which would be required, such that the O.S. would run correctly ?

I am interested in finding out, running my computer with the absolute minimum services running on the machine.

Please email me back if required.

Thank you.

BILL12345678901234567890, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT errors on SMB2 with Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

1. STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT errors on SMB2 with Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Similar Threads - STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT errors SMB2

2. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit DisplayPort Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit DisplayPort Issue: I'm having an issue with my Windows 7 machine where it will not support 1080p144 over DisplayPort, and it won't even include a menu to change the refresh rate entirely. Nothing I've tried works I've searched every corner of Control Panel, reinstalled drivers, the whole suite...
  3. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit DisplayPort Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit DisplayPort Issue: I'm having an issue with my Windows 7 machine where it will not support 1080p144 over DisplayPort, and it won't even include a menu to change the refresh rate entirely. Nothing I've tried works I've searched every corner of Control Panel, reinstalled drivers, the whole suite...
  4. Visio freezing when zooming on Windows 11 Professional 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visio freezing when zooming on Windows 11 Professional 64 bit: I am running Windows 11 Professional 64 bit and Visio plan 2. When I zoom in or out Visio freezes for a while and either recovers or closes itself, and I lose all work. Anyone know of a fix for this?...
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit- Attempted driver installation generates error...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit- Attempted driver installation generates error...: Where does Microsoft post information about Driver installation error codes? It is difficult to resolve issues when the information is so difficult to find. I have a MIDI device that is USB 2.0 compatible that Windows 10 Professional 64-bit will not install. The device...
  6. Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 64 bit: I cannot access my photographs from file explorer. When I try to download a profile photograph for Mecargi. It takes me to file explorer and the Photos program on my applications page is not accessible. When I open it through the apps page the pathway is Photos- it gives no...
  7. windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 64 bit: hello , I have P5G41T-MLX V2 xeon x 5460 4GB RAM , GTX 750 TI , I wont install windows 10 64 bit (I have 2 reason for this , 4 gb ram , and 64bit bassed processor , but when im trying to install windows 10 64 bit version , I just restart pc pres f8 (boot menu ) choose...
  8. Error 998 Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 998 Windows 10 64 bit: i am using a radean RX560 video card, everytime i attempt to launch a game or install drivers i get "error 998" and ":C:/Windows/System32?driverstore?firerepository?c0315626.inf_amd64_8f40b595aa44a083c/atium64.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an...
  9. windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 64 bit: no audio output device installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-64-bit/95fee463-b371-4f76-b620-1e7efb3d5673
  10. Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise??

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise??: Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise?? I have gone through so many You tubes and forums and tutorials but unable to do successfully. All i want is to virtualise my existing lenovo laptop which is UEFI GPT and Windows 10 Pro. Tried Disk2VHD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nt_status_file_lock_conflict freenas

2. smb2 smb3 compatibility file locks

3. file lock conflict

4. file lock conflickt,
  5. STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT