Windows 10: Stay in sleep and wake with spacebar

Discus and support Stay in sleep and wake with spacebar in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I can't figure out how to adjust the power plan in Windows 10 to achieve this: - After I press the power button to put the computer in Sleep mode, I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dude1, Sep 14, 2019.

1. dude1 Win User

Stay in sleep and wake with spacebar

I can't figure out how to adjust the power plan in Windows 10 to achieve this:

- After I press the power button to put the computer in Sleep mode, I'd like the computer to stay in Sleep mode even after multiple hours and not go to hibernation or switch off.

- I'd also like to be able to wake the computer by just pressing the spacebar

Thanks

:)

dude1, Sep 14, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Stay in sleep and wake with spacebar - Similar Threads - Stay sleep wake

2. spacebar puts my laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spacebar puts my laptop to sleep: when I use my laptop, I need to hold space or it will sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spacebar-puts-my-laptop-to-sleep/4544bee7-0f5d-45b5-8b72-ab1de21aa069
  3. spacebar puts my laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spacebar puts my laptop to sleep: when I use my laptop, I need to hold space or it will sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spacebar-puts-my-laptop-to-sleep/4544bee7-0f5d-45b5-8b72-ab1de21aa069
  4. CTRL + Spacebar putting my laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CTRL + Spacebar putting my laptop to sleep: I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon laptop equipped with Microsoft 10 that is having a weird issue that I can't seem to find in any other forums. My laptop is connected to two external monitors, and I work/type using an external keyboard via a Bluetooth receiver.Without fail, every...
  5. Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep

Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep: Ongoing issue with computer displays waking up. I have my monitors set to go to sleep at 3 minutes. Some time after (3-10 minutes) they go to sleep, they will wake back up and then go to sleep again after 3 minutes. After it does it once, doesn't seem to happen again. It's...
  6. Sleep Wakes to Sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sleep Wakes to Sign in: My pc just started to wake up from sleep to the sign in screen, like when I change users. Have tried making several adjustments in power options but the sign in page still comes up, any help. 161942
  7. WHEN MY PC WAKES FROM SLEEP HYBRID MY CURSOR IS MOVING AS IF THE SPACEBAR IS BEING HELD

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHEN MY PC WAKES FROM SLEEP HYBRID MY CURSOR IS MOVING AS IF THE SPACEBAR IS BEING HELD: Lately seems like only after recent windows 10 update whenever my pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving ie if chrome is open the cursor moves all the way from left to right in the addres bar as if Im holding down the spacebar on my keyboard.. My Ducky keyboard is fine, no...
  8. Sleep And Wake

Sleep And Wake: My pc doesn't stay sleep and it wakes up its own. Sometimes it restarts from the sleep mode as well. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-and-wake/6d1abc92-a73e-46d9-930e-16f93b8d5e12
  9. Sleep/wake

Sleep/wake: What's the difference between "Sleep" and "Hibernate" when not using the computer? I used to be set up so that when returning to the computer after a period of non-use, all I had to do was move the mouse N-S on my desk and the computer would "wake up." All of a sudden, with...
  10. IPv6 Settings not staying after waking the PC from Sleep/Hibernation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPv6 Settings not staying after waking the PC from Sleep/Hibernation: Problem : After hybernate or sleep my laptop loses its WiFi IPv6 global address. Only Link Local address is still there, hence IPv6 interface seems to function. Workaround: I follow the EasyFix option "Prefer IPv6 over IPv4 in prefix policies"as pointed out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you wake laptop up with spacebar

2. space bar wakup function key