Windows 10: Stealthy Malware Suspected

Discus and support Stealthy Malware Suspected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I suspect I may have some hidden malware/rootkit on my machine. Weird unexpected things happening on my PC. A few unexplained uninstalls and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JosephT11, May 12, 2021.

1. JosephT11 Win User

Stealthy Malware Suspected

I suspect I may have some hidden malware/rootkit on my machine. Weird unexpected things happening on my PC. A few unexplained uninstalls and application launches. SFC and DISM scans all show everything fine. SFC scans always fix corruption after updates. The logs all look mostly fine as well. However all my windows defender offline scans result in unexpected event ids in the event viewer. 2030: Microsoft Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Microsoft Defender Offline to run on the next reboot. 5007: Microsoft Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected even

:)

JosephT11, May 12, 2021
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, May 12, 2021
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, May 12, 2021
  4. Stealthy Malware Suspected

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Stealthy Malware Suspected

1. Stealthy Malware Suspected - Similar Threads - Stealthy Malware Suspected

2. Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore: I found an program called Fontcore in my pc HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fontcore i am suspecting that thing is a malware my pc acting weird and im suspecting this is this thing a virus? Please let me know :D...
  3. Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore: I found an program called Fontcore in my pc HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fontcore i am suspecting that thing is a malware my pc acting weird and im suspecting this is this thing a virus? Please let me know :D...
  4. Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Suspected Malware In Startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspected Malware In Startup: The program circled appears in my startup, it changes symbols making it difficult to find/search.. The Microsoft Safety Scanner Detects nothing. Only thing I could do is turn it off. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. Suspected malware

Suspected malware: Dear sir,Someone sent me a file on WhatsApp and when i opened this file it opened in OneDrive. After that i suspected, this person was trying to hack my mobile phone so i started to search for the file he sent me many times and i cannot find it! I'm trying to restore my...
  7. Suspected malware

Suspected malware: I was using kmplayer as my video player and when I scanned it in virustotal it showed there was virus in the app.So I deleted it.Now in appdata/local/Microsoft/windows there is a usrclass.dat file and it shows its type as kmplayer64.dat .Is it a malware?If it is how to delete...
  8. Very Stealthy CryptoMiner + Malware installed on my computer! Help

Very Stealthy CryptoMiner + Malware installed on my computer! Help: Hello there,So firstly after this Hotmail Drafts showing random Chinese and XSS Script text - Microsoft Community incident happened to me and after I recovered my accounts I started to notice that all my devices in my home network started acting weird when connected to my...
  9. Suspected malware. Need help asap!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspected malware. Need help asap!: Hi, I'm Aditya Mishra. I've been getting this pop-up lately https://ibb.co/jrK3y5jwhich has become quite frequent. Though the path it shows doesn't exist, there are times when a blue PowerShell window appears in the left for about 2 seconds. And Yesterday, there were a few...
  10. Pop-ups Suspect to be Malware

Pop-ups Suspect to be Malware: A short while ago, I was downloading editing software. At the same time, a company named topflownews started frequently sliding into view on the bottom right of my screen, claiming some affiliation with microsoft edge. The news content is click bait about celebrity...