Windows 10: Stealthy Malware Suspected

Discus and support Stealthy Malware Suspected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I suspect I may have some hidden malware/rootkit on my machine. Weird unexpected things happening on my PC. A few unexplained uninstalls and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JosephT11, May 12, 2021.

1. JosephT11 Win User

Stealthy Malware Suspected

I suspect I may have some hidden malware/rootkit on my machine. Weird unexpected things happening on my PC. A few unexplained uninstalls and application launches. SFC and DISM scans all show everything fine. SFC scans always fix corruption after updates. The logs all look mostly fine as well. However all my windows defender offline scans result in unexpected event ids in the event viewer. 2030: Microsoft Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Microsoft Defender Offline to run on the next reboot. 5007: Microsoft Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected even

:)

JosephT11, May 12, 2021
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, May 12, 2021
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, May 12, 2021
  4. Stealthy Malware Suspected

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Stealthy Malware Suspected

1. Stealthy Malware Suspected - Similar Threads - Stealthy Malware Suspected

2. Suspected virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspected virus: Recently i was looking into my antivirus notifications and saw dxgiadaptercache.exe allowed to network. On searching online , it was showing as severe TROJAN so i runned security scan using bitdefender but couldnt find anything then i ran using MS security and found 341...
  3. Suspected Virus/Malware—How to Resolve?

Suspected Virus/Malware—How to Resolve?: My laptop’s Kaspersky anti-virus subscription expired some time back and I omitted to renew it although it can still perform a scan, which I don’t understand!. Yesterday, when I opened my files on the laptop drive and also an external drive connected to the laptop, pop-ups...
  4. Suspected malware. Need help asap!

Suspected malware. Need help asap!: Hi, I'm Aditya Mishra. I've been getting this pop-up lately https://ibb.co/jrK3y5j which has become quite frequent. Though the path it shows doesn't exist, there are times when a blue PowerShell window appears in the left for about 2 seconds. And Yesterday, there were a few...
  5. Suspected malware. Need help asap!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspected malware. Need help asap!: Hi, I'm Aditya Mishra. I've been getting this pop-up lately https://ibb.co/jrK3y5jwhich has become quite frequent. Though the path it shows doesn't exist, there are times when a blue PowerShell window appears in the left for about 2 seconds. And Yesterday, there were a few...
  6. Suspect!592b26e0d237

Suspect!592b26e0d237: I am running a Window 10 64 Home OS on an HP Envy Laptop that is new this year 2020. It came with McAfee virus protection. I recently ran a full scan and McAfee isolated and removed Suspect!592b26e0d237 that it found in C:\nowireless.exe. Is this a virus? What is it...
  7. Pop-ups Suspect to be Malware

Pop-ups Suspect to be Malware: A short while ago, I was downloading editing software. At the same time, a company named topflownews started frequently sliding into view on the bottom right of my screen, claiming some affiliation with microsoft edge. The news content is click bait about celebrity...
  8. suspect msg

suspect msg: When I logged in got this urgent message supposedly from Microsoft that system under attack and everything would be erased. When I deleted the msg it repeated itself. No results when I deleted all tabs. Please help....
  9. Suspected Corruption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspected Corruption: [ATTACH] So got this, and now Chrome won't open, uninstall or operate. I have restarted my computer 3 times, what is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspected-corruption/8607ff89-23d3-47b9-a4f8-097573faff18"
  10. PC running slowly after BSOD, rootkit/malware suspected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC running slowly after BSOD, rootkit/malware suspected: Hi everyone absolute newbie here So just this day i was working on my thesis and i had to use a friend's flash drive cause our files were in there, so i scanned it thoroughly first with Malwarebytes and Avast, and it showed no viruses. But after i finished my work and...