Windows 10: Steam and Microsoft Store (Play together?)

Discus and support Steam and Microsoft Store (Play together?) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I was under the impression that Gears of War 5 was only going to be available on PC (if and only if) you purchased it on the Microsoft store.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by edjm1999, Aug 19, 2019.

1. edjm1999 Win User

Steam and Microsoft Store (Play together?)

Recently I was under the impression that Gears of War 5 was only going to be available on PC (if and only if) you purchased it on the Microsoft store. Today I logged into steam (8/19/10) and realized Gears of War 5 was available for pre-order on the Steam Store. This caused great panic because I had already purchased it on the Microsoft Store. When it comes to matchmaking/co-op play, does it seem like Microsoft Store purchasers and Steam Store purchasers are going to be able to play the game together?

In short:

-Can Gears of War 5 players who purchased the game on Microsoft store expect to play with their friends who purchased the game on Steam?

Example: John has Gears of War 5 on Microsoft Store and Bill has Gears of War 5 on Steam...can these excellently named gentlemen play together online?

:)

edjm1999, Aug 19, 2019
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Unwanted search bar on Microsoft Edge and Steam Browser

Hi Noah,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you clear the data of Edge and check if the issue persist. To do so follow the steps below:

• Navigate to the location:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbw

• Delete everything in this folder.
    • Restart Microsoft Edge and check.
    With respect to issue that you are facing with Steam I would suggest that you contact the developer as we do not support third part application.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Steam and Microsoft Store (Play together?)

Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Steam and Microsoft Store (Play together?)

1. Steam and Microsoft Store (Play together?) - Similar Threads - Steam Microsoft Store

2. Microsoft need to get their act together

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft need to get their act together: I had read an article that title Microsoft is quietly forcing customers to upgrade to the 1903 build "the bug infested build" even they know that the build is still infested with bug. like the start menu freeze within 5 minutues logging back into window after turning back on...
  3. play store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    play store: I am trying to download the app CARD.COM on my computer and I can not find it anywhere is the Microsoft store can I download like the Google play store on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-store/662045e1-4291-4c79-bb77-86642f527896"
  4. Does Microsoft Store have a full working Steam so I can buy and download games from Steam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft Store have a full working Steam so I can buy and download games from Steam?: I have a ASUS notebook PC and it came with Windows 10 Home S mode. Then yes I upgraded to Pro since I usually want the best Windows. I have also learned that if I change my Windows 10 S Pro to just Pro I can actually put back the S mode just by using the Windows 10 ISO and...
  5. Already own an app that is in the Microsoft store that I bought on steam anyway to activate it?

Already own an app that is in the Microsoft store that I bought on steam anyway to activate it?: I bought a drawing application called Krita on Steam,not realising that it it was also available on the Microsoft store however considering the funds should still be going back to the company its a verified application so where it was purchased should be irrelevant right?...
  6. Hdmi and DP not playing well together

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hdmi and DP not playing well together: I have an intel i7 in a fan-less box. It has an hdmi output and a dp. I want to use the dp for a monitor and send audio through the hdmi to my receiver. In order to get the dp to work on my monitor I had to use another monitor through the hdmi. Then it defaults to “extended...
  7. Playing a movie rented from Microsoft store

Playing a movie rented from Microsoft store: Hi. I'm trying to watch The Death of Superman from the Microsoft store. The volume of my computer, and the video playback from Microsoft are both turned up. But, I can't hear the dialogue. I can hear background explosions and all of the background noises, but I can't hear...
  8. Play Stores

Play Stores: Hi All. I'm wondering if it is safely and legally possible to get Google play/iTunes app for on to a Windows 10 laptop. Thanks in advance for any and all help on this. Pat in Tralee, Kerry, Ireland....
  9. add games to steam store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add games to steam store: I'd like to request that a few games be added to the Steam Store those being the Windows versions of Gears of War 1, Halo 1 and Halo 2. The steam community suggested it'd be best to contact Microsoft directly hence why I made this post....
  10. Microsoft + LinkedIn: Beginning our Journey Together

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft + LinkedIn: Beginning our Journey Together: Today is an exciting day, one I’ve been looking forward to since June. It marks the close of the agreement for Microsoft to acquire LinkedIn and the beginning of our journey to bring together the world’s leading professional cloud and the world’s leading professional network....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gears 5 bought from windows import to steam