Windows 10: steam app not working

Discus and support steam app not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi im am trying to play the game madden 23 but every time i open the app via steam it says "this file does not have a app associated with it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nolan Via, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Nolan Via Win User

steam app not working

Hi im am trying to play the game madden 23 but every time i open the app via steam it says "this file does not have a app associated with it for preforming this action" please help

:)

Nolan Via, Jan 25, 2023

2. steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

steam app not working

Xbox One controller is navigating Windows 10 without Steam or any 3rd party apps running...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please confirm a few things for me.

1. Is this issue occurring with ‘Steam’ being installed on your system?
    2. Have you checked if the controller still works on your Windows when ‘Steam’ is not running in the background?

Please check with the following methods.

Method 1:

Stop the process for steam in task manager and check with this.

You can stop ‘Steam’ running in the background by following the steps below:

1. Press ‘Ctrl’, ‘Shift’ and ‘Esc’. This will launch the ‘Task Manager’.
    2. Click on the ‘Details’ tab, you should be able to locate the ‘steam.exe’ process if ‘Steam’ is running in the background.
    3. Right-click on it and select ‘End process tree’ to stop the ‘Steam’ running in the background.
    4. Check if the controller is still working on the Desktop.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to check the settings in the Steam application. You may follow the steps below:

1. Launch the ‘Steam’ application, click on ‘Settings’.
    2. You should be able to locate the ‘Controller’ option under ‘Settings’.
    3. Under ‘Controller Configuration’, click on the ‘Desktop Configuration’. Please confirm the settings there.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

steam app not working

1. steam app not working - Similar Threads - steam app working

2. Fix Steam Broadcasting not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Steam Broadcasting not working: [IMG]If Steam Broadcasting is not working for you, then this post is sure to help you. Steam is a digital video game distribution platform owned and operated by Valve. It offers several features, one of them being Steam broadcasting. This feature lets you watch your friends...
  3. steam app not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    steam app not working: Hi im am trying to play the game madden 23 but every time i open the app via steam it says "this file does not have a app associated with it for preforming this action" please help...
  4. steam app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    steam app not working: Hi im am trying to play the game madden 23 but every time i open the app via steam it says "this file does not have a app associated with it for preforming this action" please help...
  5. xbox app and steam compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox app and steam compatibility: if i were to download a game 7days to die in this case with the xbox game pass could i play said game with someone who bought it through steam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-and-steam-compatibility/08a82da0-bd7f-4a81-a1a2-20a92710ac47
  6. xbox app and steam compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox app and steam compatibility: if i were to download a game 7days to die in this case with the xbox game pass could i play said game with someone who bought it through steam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-and-steam-compatibility/08a82da0-bd7f-4a81-a1a2-20a92710ac47
  7. Microphone is not working in Steam [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Microphone is not working in Steam [Fixed]: [ATTACH]If your microphone is not working in Steam, the solutions listed in this article may help you fix the problem. According to the affected users, the issue is occurring only on Steam. Their microphone works fine in other applications like Discord. Due to this issue,...
  8. Steam Game Shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Game Shortcuts not working: Since first installing 1903 as release preview I've found that Steam game shortcuts aren't working properly. This is despite a clean install on the release of 1903. Not sure what's going on. 133323
  9. Steam Game Shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Steam Game Shortcuts not working: Since first installing 1903 as release preview I've found that Steam game shortcuts aren't working properly. This is despite a clean install on the release of 1903. Not sure what's going on. 133323
  10. Steam not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam not working: OKAY so basically it wont connect to steam and let me go online. its not an issue with steams software or my network ive tested. its probably an issue with windows 10. please help...