Windows 10: Steam causes a hard freeze on my laptop.

Discus and support Steam causes a hard freeze on my laptop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently switched out old hard drive for a brand new SSD. Computer works great. Last night I installed steam, downloaded a few games, played for a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bosnianbeast123, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Steam causes a hard freeze on my laptop.

Recently switched out old hard drive for a brand new SSD. Computer works great. Last night I installed steam, downloaded a few games, played for a bit and then upon restart my computer froze. Task manager was not able to be used during this freeze.

Then I started it in safe mode. I deleted steam and computer runs normally. It seemed like steam trying to open and start when I turned the computer on caused the freeze.

Any ideas on a fix?

Edit: a word

submitted by /u/bosnianbeast123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bosnianbeast123, Sep 7, 2020

2. laptop freez

Hi,

You laptop freezing constantly after upgrading it to Windows 10 could be caused by some settings that are not configured properly. For us to better clarify the concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you receiving any error message when the laptop freezes?
    • Was there any specific action done or application that was opened before the laptop freezes?

We look forward to you response.

Jordan Dom, Sep 7, 2020
  3. vickisys Win User
    Turning wifi on cause my Laptop to freeze

I have a HP-G42 Laptop with windows 10 installed, recently i came across new issues

• Turning WiFi on causes laptop to freeze including mouse and keyboard.
    • Sometimes it freeze for no reason.

vickisys, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Steam causes a hard freeze on my laptop.

Laptop freezes when moved slightly

Dear Sachin,

the answer to your questions are given below:

1. HP Pavillion p045tx notebook

2.No i didn't make any changes

3. How to check the 3rd step?Please let know what to do.

Sudipta Sen, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Steam causes a hard freeze on my laptop.

1. Steam causes a hard freeze on my laptop. - Similar Threads - Steam causes hard

2. steam crashes/freezes my laptop after installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    steam crashes/freezes my laptop after installation: hello. i've had a steam account for quite a few years and everything has worked just fine on my older laptop, i downloaded steam and a few games without any issues. however, i have bought a new laptop lenovo ideapad gaming and steam has been causing me so many problems. i...
  3. steam crashes/freezes my laptop after installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    steam crashes/freezes my laptop after installation: hello. i've had a steam account for quite a few years and everything has worked just fine on my older laptop, i downloaded steam and a few games without any issues. however, i have bought a new laptop lenovo ideapad gaming and steam has been causing me so many problems. i...
  4. Sleep mode causes Windows 10 laptop to freeze requiring a hard reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode causes Windows 10 laptop to freeze requiring a hard reboot: I have an HP Envy laptop and after installing the latest feature updates, my computer freezes when going into sleep mode requiring me to do a hard reboot, Holding down the power button for 5 seconds in order to be able to use my computer again.If I close the lid on my...
  5. Sleep mode causes Windows 10 laptop to freeze requiring a hard reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode causes Windows 10 laptop to freeze requiring a hard reboot: I have an HP Envy laptop and after installing the latest feature updates, my computer freezes when going into sleep mode requiring me to do a hard reboot, Holding down the power button for 5 seconds in order to be able to use my computer again.If I close the lid on my...
  6. Sleep mode causes Windows 10 laptop to freeze requiring a hard reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Steam causing computer to freeze and nothing downloads?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steam causing computer to freeze and nothing downloads?!: My computer was working just fine, then one day randomly whenever I open steam or try and download something it freezes my entire computer for ~20 seconds and downloads will start out fast, then slowly dwindle down to 0 Mb/s and stop downloading. I've tried tons of solutions...
  8. Steam VR Freeze??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam VR Freeze??: I am using Pimax 8K Plus in the game IL-2 Sturmoviik and after a while, sometimes immediately, the VR graphics freeze but the game carries on. In the file: C:\Program Files x86\Steam\bin\cef\cef.win7x64\debug.log dated today and around the time it crashed. I get the...
  9. Latest 1909 updates are causing my laptop to freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest 1909 updates are causing my laptop to freeze: I'm having to restart a couple of times a day. submitted by /u/k3v1n [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h90ok5/latest_1909_updates_are_causing_my_laptop_to/
  10. Hard freeze issue with laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard freeze issue with laptop: To preface: I've tested all my hardware and it seems to be fine. The problem most likely comes from software but I've got no clue what it is exactly. I've done several clean installs trying to fix this to no avail. Usually, 10 will work fine for a few days with zero...