Windows 10: Steam causing computer to freeze and nothing downloads?!

Discus and support Steam causing computer to freeze and nothing downloads?! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer was working just fine, then one day randomly whenever I open steam or try and download something it freezes my entire computer for ~20... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sl0thZombi3s, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Steam causing computer to freeze and nothing downloads?!

My computer was working just fine, then one day randomly whenever I open steam or try and download something it freezes my entire computer for ~20 seconds and downloads will start out fast, then slowly dwindle down to 0 Mb/s and stop downloading. I've tried tons of solutions on the internet but nothing seems to work. I do not think it is a problem with my SSD, as I am able download games on Epic Games launcher and Ubisoft just fine without issues. I am looking for any help from anybody, as at this point I am becoming desperate for a fix for this annoying issue. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Sl0thZombi3s
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sl0thZombi3s, Nov 18, 2020

2. computer Freeze

Hi,

Software or driver conflicts after downloading Windows 10 may be causing the freezing on your computer. Answering the following questions may help us in identifying the underlying cause of the issue:

• Aside from updating to Windows 10, were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting an error message or code when the issue happens?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Nov 18, 2020
  3. raptori Win User
    Just Cause 2

did anyone have problems running the game through steam it start downloading even after 100% of download ...... and after running it for once it somehow freeze, screen go black but sound still there and I can shoot and hear foot steps etc ...... ??

raptori, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Steam causing computer to freeze and nothing downloads?!

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Steam causing computer to freeze and nothing downloads?!

1. Steam causing computer to freeze and nothing downloads?! - Similar Threads - Steam causing computer

2. Computer Freezes When Nothing Is Moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezes When Nothing Is Moving: In the past month my computer will freeze, but only when nothing is moving. If I'm watching a video or I am playing a game, it is completely fine with no issues. It will only crash if my screen is completely still. Every time it freezes, I get no BSOD, no matter how long I...
  3. Computer Freezes When Nothing Is Moving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freezes When Nothing Is Moving: In the past month my computer will freeze, but only when nothing is moving. If I'm watching a video or I am playing a game, it is completely fine with no issues. It will only crash if my screen is completely still. Every time it freezes, I get no BSOD, no matter how long I...
  4. Download steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download steam: I keep trying to download steam on windows 11 but it says "search the Microsoft store" instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-steam/772f7a78-638f-4633-84b7-5578d2500a10
  5. Download steam

Download steam: I keep trying to download steam on windows 11 but it says "search the Microsoft store" instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-steam/772f7a78-638f-4633-84b7-5578d2500a10
  6. Computer will randomly freeze and restart, nothing causes it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will randomly freeze and restart, nothing causes it.: Computer will randomly freeze and restart and from what I can tell nothing causes it. I have ran event viewer to find a reoccurring error.... A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type:...
  7. Computer will randomly freeze and restart, nothing causes it.

Computer will randomly freeze and restart, nothing causes it.: Computer will randomly freeze and restart and from what I can tell nothing causes it. I have ran event viewer to find a reoccurring error.... A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type:...
  8. Computer will randomly freeze and restart, nothing causes it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Steam causes a hard freeze on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steam causes a hard freeze on my laptop.: Recently switched out old hard drive for a brand new SSD. Computer works great. Last night I installed steam, downloaded a few games, played for a bit and then upon restart my computer froze. Task manager was not able to be used during this freeze. Then I started it in safe...
  10. Downloading issues with steam and epic but nothing else

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Downloading issues with steam and epic but nothing else: Hi everyone! This may be long winded but here we go. A couple weeks ago after the recent windows update my computer has started having a problem while downloading updates using Steam and Epic games launcher. While using steam I noticed that downloads would start downloading...