Windows 10: Steam Client Crashing After Win10 update

Discus and support Steam Client Crashing After Win10 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, wonder if anyone can help me. Took a couple of months break and when I returned to play some games on Steam after the Win10 update the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by B_E_2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. B_E_2 Win User

Steam Client Crashing After Win10 update

Hi all, wonder if anyone can help me.

Took a couple of months break and when I returned to play some games on Steam after the Win10 update the PC crashes dramatically during a game !!! I can't even turn it off at the PSU switch and have to resort to turning the switch off at the mains plug in the wall.

I've tried uninstalling re-installing Steam several times. I've sent in comprehensive details ( including DXDiag, Screen shots, Sys.files, Dump files etc. ) to Steam Support but they say they can't help me.

The problem seems to be from this Steam Service Log report " 12/27/18 13:39:17 : ERROR: Failed to add firewall exception for C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\cef\cef.win7x64\steamwebhelper.exe "

The Firewall has the boxes ticked to allow Steam through but it seems that since the October Win 10 update this is now causing a problem which is way above my head.

Any help would be most appreciated.

:)

B_E_2, Dec 31, 2018
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Steam Game Issue

Some details of what is, or is not happening may help, but if you have a lot of games not working the problem could be

due to a corrupt Steam Client.

You can find help for reinstalling/repairing the Steam Client in your Steam...

Help > Steam Support > Steam Client > Steam Crashes ( Click this tab for troubleshooting suggestions).

- Some games require you to run Steams Verify Integrity of Game Files after each of the Win10 version\feature updates.

BossDweeb, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Steam Client Crashing

For a while now, any time I try to log in to the Steam Client Application, Windows 10 gives me a Stop Code error "The Blue Screen of Death". Everything else on my computer works, but I just can't figure out why Steam is causing Windows to crash, or how
    to fix it.

MiraPollock, Dec 31, 2018
  4. BossDweeb Win User

I can't select/use the Steam Client after updating windows 10 to the creator's update.

Your linked image is too blurred to see anything... Or is this your problem ?

I assume your Steam client works properly before launching a game ?Have you gone to the
    Help > Steam Support > Steam Client > Steam Crashes tab for troubleshooting suggestions

(the sub headings in the Steam Crashes tab also deal with other issues) ?

If necessary I expect reinstalling the Steam Client should sort out the problem. I had to reinstall the Steam Client a while

back, but don't recall what the issue was, or if it coincided with a feature update, or not.

btw - The next version ( 'Spring' update) is coming up in the next month or two.

More 'fun' and bloatware from MS.

BossDweeb, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Steam Client Crashing After Win10 update - Similar Threads - Steam Client Crashing

2. Steam client **** down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam client **** down: Hello i have install about a week ago the latest updates of win11.From Sunday i noitice that the steam client exe close and reopen suddenly itself in second.I contact with steam support.They can not help as there is not any issue with steam itself, as there is no any crash...
  3. Steam client **** down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steam client **** down: Hello i have install about a week ago the latest updates of win11.From Sunday i noitice that the steam client exe close and reopen suddenly itself in second.I contact with steam support.They can not help as there is not any issue with steam itself, as there is no any crash...
  4. Starting Steam client crashes the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starting Steam client crashes the laptop: Hi whenever I try to start the steam client I was get the following issue attached as a jpeg. I only get the issue when I start the steam client and in no other situation this come out. Can you help me troubleshoot please?...
  5. Starting Steam client crashes the laptop

Starting Steam client crashes the laptop: Hi whenever I try to start the steam client I was get the following issue attached as a jpeg. I only get the issue when I start the steam client and in no other situation this come out. Can you help me troubleshoot please?...
  6. bugcheck crash after win10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bugcheck crash after win10 update: Hello, I am getting bugcheck crashes since I updated my computer this morning. Not sure what is causing them.Event viewer: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000154 0xffffd70196b4d000, 0xfffff50353a5d7a0, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000....
  7. bugcheck crash after win10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bugcheck crash after win10 update: Hello, I am getting bugcheck crashes since I updated my computer this morning. Not sure what is causing them.Event viewer: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000154 0xffffd70196b4d000, 0xfffff50353a5d7a0, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000....
  8. bugcheck crash after win10 update

9. Odd Steam and Origin client behavior.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd Steam and Origin client behavior.: I was experiencing something odd with my Steam and Origin client where if I went to launch it from the desktop or my taskbar shortcut, it would take a very long time to open. Same behavior if launched from the Start Menu, after I press enter, the start menu will not...
  10. Latest kb update blocks STEAM CLIENT LOG IN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest kb update blocks STEAM CLIENT LOG IN: Today My rig got two KB update. It cuased Steam client and even browser steam log in to FAIL. As i am an xperienced windows user i deleted the two update and after restart all went back to normal. My last 20 experiences with windows update cuased either way smaller or bigger...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error: failed to add firewall exception for c:\program files (x86)\steam\bin\cef\cef.win7x64\steamwebhelper.exe

2. steam client crashing windows 10?

3. Failed to add firewall exception for C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\cef\cef.win7x64\steamwebhelper.exe

4. steam client crashes after winows 10 update,
  5. steam can not update win10,
  6. steam crashing windows 10,
  7. steam client service do not work after 1903 update,
  8. failed to add firewall exception for c:\program files (x86)\steam\steam.exefailed to add firewall exception for c:\program files (x86)\steam\steam.exe,
  9. steam error failed to add firewall exception,
  10. steam crashing in windows 10 october update without error,
  11. c:\program files (x86)\steam\bin\cef\cef.win7x64\steamwebhelper.exe,
  12. steam client crashing