Windows 10: Steam dll failed to load

Discus and support Steam dll failed to load in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with Steam that says after "extracting package" fatal error, failed to steamui.dll. I have tried many solutions, like updating all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EthanKYT, Feb 4, 2020.

1. EthanKYT Win User

Steam dll failed to load

Hi, I have a problem with Steam that says after "extracting package" fatal error, failed to steamui.dll. I have tried many solutions, like updating all my drivers, system restoring, all commands for command prompt admin, deleting other files, contacting steam, restarting my computer, redownloading steam, scanning for malfware or viruses if there were any, but there weren't. I even re-installed Windows to see if it would work but it didn't. I would really appreciate it if you would help me.

:)

EthanKYT, Feb 4, 2020
  2. mobile1 Win User

Failed to load resource DLL?

What does "Failed to load resource DLL" mean?

Why is my PC doing this?

Steam dll failed to load [​IMG]

mobile1, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Failed to load steamui.dll

Thanks for getting back to us.

Being a Steam and Windows 10 user personally, I'm quite familiar with some troubleshooting steps that might help resolve this error. Here are some things to try:

Method 1: Install the latest Windows updates

Method 2: Delete libswscale-3.dll and steamui.dll files

1. Make sure that Steam is closed and not running in the background.
    2. Right-click on your Steam desktop shortcut, click Properties, and select
      Open File Location.
    3. Delete libswscale-3.dll or libwscale-4.dll
      and steamui.dll files.
    4. Restart Steam.

Method 3: Change your Steam to public release version

2. Right-click on your Steam desktop shortcut, click Properties, and select
      Open File Location.
    3. Open the package folder and delete the file called beta.
    4. Restart Steam.

Method 4: Get past through the error message

1. Open the Steam app, and wait for the error message to appear.
    2. Launch Steam again without closing the the error message dialog box. It should start updating the program and run normally.

Method 5: Using steam://flushconfig command in Windows

2. Right-click on the Start menu button, and select
      Run.
    3. Type (or copy and paste) steam://flushconfig then press
      Enter.
    4. Wait for some time and restart your PC.
    5. Launch Steam from its installation folder (not from the desktop or Start menu shortcut), usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\.

Should the issue persists after performing these troubleshooting steps, I strongly suggest contacting Steam support for better assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Steam dll failed to load

failed to load dll 0*80020702

failed to load dll 0*80020702

godarafruity, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Steam dll failed to load

1. Steam dll failed to load - Similar Threads - Steam dll failed

2. Windows 11 dll failed to load java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 dll failed to load java: Hi Team,I am trying to install Blueyonder WMS application on Windows 11 with java 11 and I get error windows 11 dll failed to load java and not able to install on my machine. On urgent production issue I could not able to provide support because of this application not being...
  3. Windows 11 dll failed to load java

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 dll failed to load java: Hi Team,I am trying to install Blueyonder WMS application on Windows 11 with java 11 and I get error windows 11 dll failed to load java and not able to install on my machine. On urgent production issue I could not able to provide support because of this application not being...
  4. The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.: I'm trying to register a .dll file. I've put this file into windows\system32 folder and tried registering. It is a 64 bit so then I moved it to the windows\SysWOW64 folder and it still failed. I've ran it through an elevated command prompt as well. It still does not work....
  5. The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.: I'm trying to register a .dll file. I've put this file into windows\system32 folder and tried registering. It is a 64 bit so then I moved it to the windows\SysWOW64 folder and it still failed. I've ran it through an elevated command prompt as well. It still does not work....
  6. The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Xinput1_3.dll / X3DAudio1_7.dll /d3dx9_42.dll - Skyrim on steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xinput1_3.dll / X3DAudio1_7.dll /d3dx9_42.dll - Skyrim on steam: Hi, When i try to run Skyrim as an administrator i receive 3 errors : Xinput1_3.dll / X3DAudio1_7.dll /d3dx9_42.dll was not found. I already : - uninstall and install skyrim & steam - do an "sfc /scannow" with cmb - check dxdiag - try to run directxwebsetup ==> i...
  8. Error Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper when loading FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper when loading FSX: Hi I had Microsoft Flight Simulator X deluxe installed on my computer and the drive it was on died I have tried a to reinstall it on a new drive but get the above error. What happens is that is comes up with a window asking if I want to repair or uninstall have tried both...
  9. Failed to load DLL file on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to load DLL file on Windows computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]On Windows startup if your system cannot or is unable to load a required dll file and you see a message – Failed to load DLL, then this post will help you. The error message could be: The dynamic library [...] This post Failed to load DLL file on Windows...
  10. Failed to load resource DLL?

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed to load resource DLL?: What does "Failed to load resource DLL" mean? Why is my PC doing this? [img] 64899