Windows 10: Steam for buying old computer games

Discus and support Steam for buying old computer games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, I am new to this site and wanted to see if anyone could help me out. I was looking into buying some of the old computer games that I played as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mcooper131416, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Steam for buying old computer games

Hi all, I am new to this site and wanted to see if anyone could help me out.
    I was looking into buying some of the old computer games that I played as a child. I bought the CD disk Pajama Sam and googled how to get it to work on my desktop windows 10 computer.
    I tried doing all the steps, even watched several youtube videos and I just couldn't get it to work. Even tried scummvm with no luck. My folders always showed it was greyed out and "zipped" even after unzipping them they stayed greyed out.

So I found this site called steam and it shows that I can buy the game for $6.99. If I buy this game will it work on my new desk top HP windows 10 computer?? I know its not a lot of money but I would hate to waste $7 for it to not even work.
    Thanks!

:)

mcooper131416, Aug 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 8, 2019
  3. steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Guitar Win User

Steam for buying old computer games

Steam Game Sharing?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/19/rumor-steam-beta-update-file-suggests-game-sharing-is-coming/

This sounds pretty awesome, if true. There are a lot of old games I don't play that I'd be willing to share with friends, and there are some that I'd want to play but not sure about actually buying as well.

Guitar, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Steam for buying old computer games

1. Steam for buying old computer games - Similar Threads - Steam buying old

2. My games on Steam owont open, is that an issue with steam or just the computer itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games on Steam owont open, is that an issue with steam or just the computer itself?: Ive been trying to play games on steam, but nothing is working! I just paid 1.7k for this computer last week and it's already having problems...
  3. My games on Steam owont open, is that an issue with steam or just the computer itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games on Steam owont open, is that an issue with steam or just the computer itself?: Ive been trying to play games on steam, but nothing is working! I just paid 1.7k for this computer last week and it's already having problems...
  4. Computer crashing while updating steam games

Computer crashing while updating steam games: For over a year now when I have tried to download or update big games, mostly update, on steam it works for a little bit and updates the game but randomly it will just crash steam and then crash my whole computer, making me not be able to restart or shut down my computer or...
  5. Computer crashing while updating steam games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashing while updating steam games: For over a year now when I have tried to download or update big games, mostly update, on steam it works for a little bit and updates the game but randomly it will just crash steam and then crash my whole computer, making me not be able to restart or shut down my computer or...
  6. Computer crashing while updating steam games

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Computer crashing and resetting while gaming on Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing and resetting while gaming on Steam: Good evening,I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and have since been having problems with my system crashing and restarting while playing games. This only seems to be an issue while I'm using Steam; other programs like GOG and Epic don't have any issues.I've tried reinstalling...
  8. Computer crashing and resetting while gaming on Steam

Computer crashing and resetting while gaming on Steam: Good evening,I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and have since been having problems with my system crashing and restarting while playing games. This only seems to be an issue while I'm using Steam; other programs like GOG and Epic don't have any issues.I've tried reinstalling...
  9. Certain old Steam games CTD immediately on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain old Steam games CTD immediately on launch: For whatever reason, some of my old Steam games refuse to run. Currently this counts Bioshock Infinite Tomb Raider (2013) Deus Ex: Human Revolution All of them start to run and then immediately stop and disappear from memory. Tomb Raider loads its launcher, but it's the...
  10. buy a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    buy a game: how can I buy the game freelancer game I played 10 years before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-a-game/3be0bbe7-b06a-4ab8-8385-f4020b31e7c8