Windows 10: Steam friend list cannot load after update to 1903?

Discus and support Steam friend list cannot load after update to 1903? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I faced problem when I cannot load Steam friend list/chat. It might be problem after update to 1903. Steam support sent me here after I mentioned it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gamezombie, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Steam friend list cannot load after update to 1903?

I faced problem when I cannot load Steam friend list/chat.
    It might be problem after update to 1903.
    Steam support sent me here after I mentioned it happened after I updated the system to 1903:
    "Hello Steam support team,
    I have problem with friends & chat tab/window.
    I tried some fixes and nothing worked. (-nochatui -nofriendsui parametres)
    Also the problem is on every system I use (Windows 10 1903). I'm seen as offline on friends friend lists and on my own. I can see my friends online, but I can't change my status to be online.
    The friend list is like that: "friends network loading...".
    I think it might be problem on server side.
    I checked firewall/router/antivirus settings.
    Have a nice day."
    I also started discussion on Steam community, didn't got further:
    Here, here & here.

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

:)

Gamezombie, Sep 2, 2019

2. Steam friend list cannot load after update to 1903?

I faced problem when I cannot load Steam friend list/chat.

It might be problem after update to 1903.

Steam support sent me here after I mentioned it happened after I updated the system to 1903:

"Hello Steam support team,

I have problem with friends & chat tab/window.

I tried some fixes and nothing worked. (-nochatui -nofriendsui parametres)

Also the problem is on every system I use (Windows 10 1903). I'm seen as offline on friends friend lists and on my own. I can see my friends online, but I can't change my status to be online.

The friend list is like that: "friends network loading...".

I think it might be problem on server side.

I checked firewall/router/antivirus settings.

Have a nice day."

I also started discussion on Steam community, didn't got further:

Here,

here
    &
    here

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Gamezombie, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Kr4nG Win User
    Steam- Friends

i use to use steam friends when steam first came out. and over more and more people got steam and the friends list got crazy. it would work on day and not the other. when friends use to work in steam. i use to pwn. it was like a memory for me.

Kr4nG, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Nick89 Win User

Steam friend list cannot load after update to 1903?

Nick89, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Steam friend list cannot load after update to 1903?

1. Steam friend list cannot load after update to 1903? - Similar Threads - Steam friend list

2. Steam Friends list is black box [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Steam Friends list is black box [Fix]: [IMG]Steam, without a doubt, is one of the most popular game launchers. It not only allows you to download and play some of the most famous titles, but it also lets you add friends and build a community. As of late, we have noticed that the Steam Friends list is a black box...
  3. Can't see friends in Minecraft friends list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see friends in Minecraft friends list: All are on Bedrock Edition. Me Win 10, friend a PS4, and friend b Win 10. I did all the security check list and made sure I appear ONLINE. I can connect to the PS4 WHEN their names appear in the list but the other Win 10 I can't. What next?...
  4. Steam Friends cross play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steam Friends cross play: OK So basically I got the pc game pass. Me n my mate wanted to play Astroneer. Now I bought mine on Microsoft n his on steam however in the xbox app where you download the games I could link my steam. But none of my steam friends appear online or even on my friends list...
  5. Steam games recent list does not update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games recent list does not update: The recently used program list for the Steam computer game client never updates. It says recent but it misses actual recent games that I've played and lists games that I haven't touched for months or years. How can I investigate the reason for this list not updating? It works...
  6. Steam games recent list does not update

in Windows 10 Support
    Steam games recent list does not update: The recently used program list for the Steam computer game client never updates. It says recent but it misses actual recent games that I've played and lists games that I haven't touched for months or years. How can I investigate the reason for this list not updating? It works...
  7. Desktop not loading after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop not loading after 1903 update: Looking for ideas! After updating to 1903, I type my password on the login screen, and then it starts to load into my profile. However the desktop doesn't load. The toolbar and start appears but flickers on and off every second continuously as if it's crashing then...
  8. Chrome won't load after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome won't load after 1903 update: After the windows 1903 update, chrome won't load a single site, or VERY occasionally, it will load 1 website and then stop again. I have searched for hours but no one seems to have a solution...
  9. After 1903 Update my Steam games will not start

in Windows 10 Customization
    After 1903 Update my Steam games will not start: I updated my Win IOS to version 1903. Today I tried to run my steam games. None will start Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-1903-update-my-steam-games-will-not-start/ef64036a-fc15-4995-bd4d-02ce3c3127a5
  10. Mic not working for a friend after Windows 10 update 1903. Why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic not working for a friend after Windows 10 update 1903. Why?: My friend is running on an Alienware R4 with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 GPU, 16GB RAM with an i7 CPU. She has been having issues with her mic and Steam since Windows update 1809. The mic appears red and she gets the error message "web browser denied access". She has enabled...