Windows 10: Steam Friends cross play

Discus and support Steam Friends cross play in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; OK So basically I got the pc game pass. Me n my mate wanted to play Astroneer. Now I bought mine on Microsoft n his on steam however in the xbox app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OJ Bullet, Apr 17, 2020.

1. OJ Bullet Win User

Steam Friends cross play

OK So basically I got the pc game pass. Me n my mate wanted to play Astroneer. Now I bought mine on Microsoft n his on steam however in the xbox app where you download the games I could link my steam. But none of my steam friends appear online or even on my friends list though it says the account are linked.

:)

OJ Bullet, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Kr4nG Win User

Steam- Friends

i use to use steam friends when steam first came out. and over more and more people got steam and the friends list got crazy. it would work on day and not the other. when friends use to work in steam. i use to pwn. it was like a memory for me.

Kr4nG, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Killer Instinct Cross-Play Between Steam, Xbox One, and Windows 10

Source: Killer Instinct Cross-Play Between Steam, Xbox One, and Windows 10 Enters Testing - Xbox Wire

Brink, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Steam Friends cross play

cross-platform play questions

I do not own an Xbox one or an Xbox 360, but my friend has an Xbox 360 and I have a windows 10 gaming PC. I was able to add him as a friend and send messages, but I see that a number of games do not show up in the windows 10 or Xbox one section of the store through the Xbox app or the windows store. So I have a couple of questions that I could not find any answers to through google.

First off, would a windows 10 PC be able to play games online with an Xbox 360 user?

Second, is it possible to do the cross-platform play if I do not own any Xbox consoles?

Third, will the steam versions of the game work for cross-platform play? Or must it be purchased through the Xbox app or windows store? (If through the Xbox app, then would I look in the Xbox one section or the windows 10 section?) [If through the windows 10 section in the Xbox app, would the Xbox one section games be playable if bought without the console?]

Fourth, If I am understanding correctly, older games (most on Xbox 360) will not work for the cross-platform play, and newer games (most, if not all on Xbox one) would work for cross-platform play?

fifth, regardless of my specific situation, would GTA: V work for cross-platform play with windows 10 to Xbox live players?

Thank you to anyone who takes their time to read and answer all my questions!

Fantasyrook1, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Steam Friends cross play

1. Steam Friends cross play - Similar Threads - Steam Friends cross

2. Steam Friends list is black box [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Steam Friends list is black box [Fix]: [IMG]Steam, without a doubt, is one of the most popular game launchers. It not only allows you to download and play some of the most famous titles, but it also lets you add friends and build a community. As of late, we have noticed that the Steam Friends list is a black box...
  3. Cross Platform Friends PS4/Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cross Platform Friends PS4/Microsoft Account: Hi, Really new to this and trying to sort it out for my son. I have set up my son with a Microsoft Account and he has signed into minecraft on his PS4 but when he goes to add cross platform friends it tells him that he can't as there is some restriction on his Microsoft...
  4. Minecraft cross play for Widows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft cross play for Widows 10 not working: I have Minecraft on every device I own, including my new laptop I have both Java and Windows 10. I can only play with the Windows version with my friend who has a Ps4. We only played the two times I was at her house since I got it. But when I try to play while I'm at home I...
  5. Need help with cross play on pc. I can play with my friend on ps4 but not PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with cross play on pc. I can play with my friend on ps4 but not PC: I am logged into the same microsoft account on my ps4 as i am on PC. Yes im playing on bedrock. We have eachother added since i can join on ps4 but not pc. He doesnt even show up on my friends tab under play on pc. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!...
  6. Cross play between halo 4 microsoft store and steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cross play between halo 4 microsoft store and steam: At this time I have a buddy who is trying to get back into Halo. He purchased halo 4 on steam. And I would like to play it with him. I am a current owner of the full Halo franchise for the titles that were available on the 360 and even purchased the X one to be able to relive...
  7. Windows 10 Cross-Play Xbox One

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Cross-Play Xbox One: Windows 10 Farming Simulator 2017 inviting Xbox players? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cross-play-xbox-one/22a39983-01c1-4254-a724-f2e1a952f2c4
  8. Ark Port forwarding cross play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ark Port forwarding cross play: I need to know the port numbers for ark cross play because i get a join failed every time i try to connect to my server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ark-port-forwarding-cross-play/fb615fd3-4a95-4077-a8ae-7e20c2278a5d
  9. Can't add friends on cross-platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add friends on cross-platform: My son is trying to add friends on his ps4 but it keeps saying his Microsoft account is not set up to add friends. When I go to his account through my adult profile I don't see anywhere to make these changes. Where can I find the options to give him access to add friends?...
  10. cross-platform play questions

in Windows 10 Support
    cross-platform play questions: I do not own an Xbox one or an Xbox 360, but my friend has an Xbox 360 and I have a windows 10 gaming PC. I was able to add him as a friend and send messages, but I see that a number of games do not show up in the windows 10 or Xbox one section of the store through the Xbox...