Windows 10: Steam Game Shortcuts not working

Discus and support Steam Game Shortcuts not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since first installing 1903 as release preview I've found that Steam game shortcuts aren't working properly. This is despite a clean install on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by swarfega, May 25, 2019.

1. swarfega Win User

Steam Game Shortcuts not working

Since first installing 1903 as release preview I've found that Steam game shortcuts aren't working properly. This is despite a clean install on the release of 1903. Not sure what's going on.

:)

swarfega, May 25, 2019

2. Can't delete Steam game shortcuts

Hi Johann

I tried running the Unlocker app,but my non working Steam desktop shortcut didn't come up in the list.

Any suggestions on what to try next?.

Thanks

Colin

Sudsy malone, May 25, 2019
  3. Can't delete Steam game shortcuts

Hi Johann

I installed my game correctly,but it was the Steam desktop shortcut's which didn't want to work.My game does work fine,it the Steam desktop shortcut's which doesn't function.

My version of Windows is 10,version 1709(OS build 16299.248)

I'm the only user on my PC.

I don't want to uninstall any of my programs that are working fine,i want to delete the Steam desktop shortcut's that don't work in my Game folder.

Thanks

Colin

4. Steam Game Shortcuts not working

Can't delete Steam game shortcuts

Hi

I recently got a new PC and was getting it set up okay.I found a way to restore the Games folder on for Windows 10(using the shell:games) command in Run.

I made copied and my games executables,and then pasted the shortcuts in my newly created Games folder.Now,i did the same for some steam games and that seemed to work.

But then when i asked Steam create a desktop shortcut for a game,and placed it in my Games folder i get a shorcut with no image attached to it.And i can't right click on it to get any options.And more importantly i can't delete this shorcut from my Games folder.

I looked into shell:appsfolder,but i can't see the Steam dektop shortcut(3rd paragraph)there.

Does anyone know how i can delete this Steam desktop shortcut form my Games folder?.

Thanks in advance.

Colin

PS sorry if this in the wrong category.

Thema:

Steam Game Shortcuts not working

1. Steam Game Shortcuts not working - Similar Threads - Steam Game Shortcuts

2. Steam Games Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steam Games Crashing: Hi! Can anyone help me? My steam games keep crashing mid game randomly. I only have steam, OBS streaming, and a browser open. Even when I have just steam and a browser open my the same problem occurs. I have a Nvidia RTX 4090, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor, and 64GB of...
  3. Problem with a game on steam.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with a game on steam.: I've been trying to play Hearts of Iron IV on steam recently and it's given me a "Steam runtime communication error." I've followed many steps given to me by Paradox Interactive support the company that owns HOI4 and our final "diagnostic" was making a new user profile on...
  4. A steam game issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A steam game issue: Hello dear commnuity hub. My game, ''left 4 dead 2'' is crashing in mid game or starting loading screen or somewhere when in the game. Probably due of lots of addons and i did these steps for solving my problem: 1. I did reset to ''download cache'' in my settings tab. 2....
  5. Steam and other games won't download/work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steam and other games won't download/work.: Hello dear redditors! I woukd require your help. My brother got a new PC and windows 10 enterprise on it. The thing is when he tries to download steam a error pops up saying "Please check your connection steam needs to be online to update." and when I try to download League...
  6. Steam Game Shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Steam Game Shortcuts not working: Since first installing 1903 as release preview I've found that Steam game shortcuts aren't working properly. This is despite a clean install on the release of 1903. Not sure what's going on. 133323
  7. Steam shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam shortcuts: Hey so i've had this bug where steam shortcuts (for games obvs) donthave an icon and on trop of that when i try to run them, they don't run as a .exe but as if i wanted to print them, so for example when i open any steam shortcut instead of running it, it open the print menu....
  8. Steam games not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching: I decided to come back to civ 5, and when I press play, all that happens is a small box saying "checking for updates" comes up for a brief moment, followed by another box saying "Searching for steam game updates" again for a brief moment. Nothing happens after. This also...
  9. Can't delete Steam game shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete Steam game shortcuts: Hi I recently got a new PC and was getting it set up okay.I found a way to restore the Games folder on for Windows 10(using the shell:games) command in Run. I made copied and my games executables,and then pasted the shortcuts in my newly created Games folder.Now,i did...
  10. Network not working for online games and Steam.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network not working for online games and Steam.: Hello. Let begin with the beginning. I have changed my router. Is a 'FritzBox fon WLAN 7170'. First i connected, it was all good, i tried to connect to browser and it was good. Then i tried to connect Steam. "Could not connect to the steam network, either check your...