Windows 10: Steam games not opening after latest Windows 10 insider preview dev January 2021 update

Discus and support Steam games not opening after latest Windows 10 insider preview dev January 2021 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have a gaming PC with Windows 10 Pro. A week back I changed my Windows update ane subscribed to the Insider Preview Dev channel. Everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Syed Abrar Afaque, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Steam games not opening after latest Windows 10 insider preview dev January 2021 update

Hi I have a gaming PC with Windows 10 Pro. A week back I changed my Windows update ane subscribed to the Insider Preview Dev channel. Everything was working for a day or two and suddenly for the past few days I haven't been able to launch any game from Steam client.

I tried all the normal troubleshooting like reinstall steam and download the games again. I'm more concerned about the CS GO game as I play competitive and haven't been able to login for about a week now. Any suggestions would be welcome. I have infact changed my insider channel to Release Candidate but nothing has changed. The error seems to be something to do with Windows and Steam not able to access the Steam service. Manually starting the service and running Steam with admin rights doesn't change a thing. There is nothing on the Steam or Microsoft community about this wierd issue.

Please help!

Love,

Syed

:)

Syed Abrar Afaque, Jan 31, 2021

2. Steam games do not work after latest update

Hi,

Issues in launching Steam games after the Windows 10, version 1703 update may occur if Game Mode is disabled or the game components are corrupted.

To resolve your concern, we recommend that you manually enable Game Mode by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + G on your keyboard.
    • Select Settings in the Game bar.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for
      Game Mode.

If you are still experiencing the same issue after enabling Game Mode, please answer the questions below so we can properly isolate your concern.

• Were you asked to uninstall the Steam games before installing the Windows 10, version 1703 update?
    • Does the issue occur on other games aside from Steam games?

Loraine Mon, Jan 31, 2021
  3. aswin Win User
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21286.1 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 6 Insider

Downloding...i thought it will 12 january for Rs

Steam games not opening after latest Windows 10 insider preview dev January 2021 update [​IMG]

aswin, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Steam games not opening after latest Windows 10 insider preview dev January 2021 update

Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21296 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 21

Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21296 | Windows Insider Blog

Brink, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Steam games not opening after latest Windows 10 insider preview dev January 2021 update

1. Steam games not opening after latest Windows 10 insider preview dev January 2021 update - Similar Threads - Steam games opening

2. windows 11 insider preview dev

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 insider preview dev: How to remove windows 11 insider preview dev i have already leave the program, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-insider-preview-dev/ac09c1c1-7e2b-4bbc-bab3-0bc09bc2e074
  3. windows 11 insider preview dev

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 insider preview dev: How to remove windows 11 insider preview dev i have already leave the program, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-insider-preview-dev/ac09c1c1-7e2b-4bbc-bab3-0bc09bc2e074
  4. insider preview dev version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    insider preview dev version: I have been in the insider program for some time, being new to this idea from microsoft at the time i inadvertantly joined the dev program hoping i may be able to help in some way. I now find after volenteering and helping I cannot leave without a clean install of windows I...
  5. insider preview dev version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    insider preview dev version: I have been in the insider program for some time, being new to this idea from microsoft at the time i inadvertantly joined the dev program hoping i may be able to help in some way. I now find after volenteering and helping I cannot leave without a clean install of windows I...
  6. no audio after window 10 update january 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no audio after window 10 update january 2021: yesterday i have updates my window 10 but everytime i update there a new error its like a new update mean u got new error im very disappointed with window 10 after updating my window 10 theres no audio please help...
  7. Windows 10 update January 2021 and ZOOM

Windows 10 update January 2021 and ZOOM: My computer did an update January 6th for Windows 10 and since then I can't stay connected to Zoom, freezes and says my connection is poor. Prior to that I did not have any issues. Any fixes? Ideas? Cheryl...
  8. January 2021 Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    January 2021 Updates: Updates appeared today [Jan 13] - KB4535680 needed to be put in From MS Catalog. Anyway, I observed something I hadn't seen before: "Cleaning Up" at the end ofInstallation. Well, something got cleaned! I got back to Desktop in time to see IOBIT starting to remove the...
  9. BUGS Windows Insider Dev Preview

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BUGS Windows Insider Dev Preview: Hello Microsoft, On your Windows 10 home Build 20262.fe_release, This is what I found on the default extractor : [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bugs-windows-insider-dev-preview/3a039c88-1f1d-40ca-9d2a-ee98a5388781
  10. Windows 10 BSOD after Latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Update

Windows 10 BSOD after Latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Update: I just installed Windows 10 Insider Preview 19290.1000 (rs_prerelease). A couple of minutes later, I got a BSOD: Kernel Security_Check Failure. Please assist....