Windows 10: Steam Games not saving after update 1809

Discus and support Steam Games not saving after update 1809 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to play Borderlands 2 on the Surface Book 2 with windows 10 on firmware 1809 with automatic updates on. When I progress through the game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by [Syndicosis], Feb 21, 2019.

1. Steam Games not saving after update 1809

I am trying to play Borderlands 2 on the Surface Book 2 with windows 10 on firmware 1809 with automatic updates on. When I progress through the game and save it and quit, the game does not save any of the progress i just made. I have tried unticking "read only" and i have also tried giving root access to users on my profile and nothing seems to work. have also tried uninstalling borderlands 2 and reinstalling.

is the update before 1809 secure enough to run? can I downgrade? I want a balance of security and playability.

thanks i appreciate any help!

:)

[Syndicosis], Feb 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Steam games do not work after latest update

Hi,

Issues in launching Steam games after the Windows 10, version 1703 update may occur if Game Mode is disabled or the game components are corrupted.

To resolve your concern, we recommend that you manually enable Game Mode by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + G on your keyboard.
    • Select Settings in the Game bar.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for
      Game Mode.

If you are still experiencing the same issue after enabling Game Mode, please answer the questions below so we can properly isolate your concern.

• Were you asked to uninstall the Steam games before installing the Windows 10, version 1703 update?
    • Does the issue occur on other games aside from Steam games?

Loraine Mon, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Steam Games not saving after update 1809

After Updating to windows 10 steam application and games dont open

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues with steam applications or steam games in Windows 10.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

• Which are all the Steam games you are unable to launch?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you try to launch the game?
    • What is the make and model of the system?
    I would suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it works,

Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the installation files from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the setup file install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Steam Games not saving after update 1809

1. Steam Games not saving after update 1809 - Similar Threads - Steam Games saving

2. After 1903 Update my Steam games will not start

in Windows 10 Customization
    After 1903 Update my Steam games will not start: I updated my Win IOS to version 1903. Today I tried to run my steam games. None will start Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-1903-update-my-steam-games-will-not-start/ef64036a-fc15-4995-bd4d-02ce3c3127a5
  3. After update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update 1809: Hi From time to time I get BSOD with the text: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ☹ Your PC ran into as problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you XX complete...
  4. Steam and steams games wont open after the 1/8/2019 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Steam and steams games wont open after the 1/8/2019 update.: Steam worked fine yesterday but now I can't open it, I've tried uninstalling the updates but that did not work, I also uninstalled and reinstalled steam and that didn't help either. the troubleshooter said it was incompatible....
  5. Open, Save dialogs not working after 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open, Save dialogs not working after 1809 update.: This is not so much a question as an observation to a previous question that went unanswered. I use high contrast due to eye problems. After Windows updated to build 1809 I could no longer open file dialog to open file location and if I open a document, could not open dialog...
  6. Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.: Good morning folks, Has anyone else here had problems with games running under Steam since installing the 1809 update?. In particular, the games' splash screen appears, but nothing else happens. Opening Task Manager shows the game supposedly running, but only using a small...
  7. Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.: Good morning folks, Has anyone else here had problems with games running under Steam since installing the 1809 update?. In particular, the games' splash screen appears, but nothing else happens. Opening Task Manager shows the game supposedly running, but only using a small...
  8. Unable to save or open file after updating to Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to save or open file after updating to Windows 10 1809: After updating to 1809 I could no longer open dialog to open/save files in MS Word, PDF Shaper (a pdf managing program) nor save in NAPS2 scanning software. Contacted MS support who passed on to tech; maker of PDF Shaper indicates "it's known problem with 1809 build, it...
  9. "Power Savings Switch" is changed. (1809 update)

"Power Savings Switch" is changed. (1809 update): [img] After updating Win10 with the fall update version 1809 I got the above pop-up, no matter how many times I reboot this pop-up is there every time I log on. I cannot find a "Power Saving Switch" in my Power Settings, does anyone know what this is or what it does? or...
  10. cannot save word files after 1809 update

cannot save word files after 1809 update: my computer has just updated to 1809. now it seems i cannot save any files in Word. i am using Word 2013... Any ideas what i can do? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steam game not saving

2. steam games not saving

3. windows 10 1809 steam games