Windows 10: Steam Icons blank on desktop after fresh windows 10 re-install.

Discus and support Steam Icons blank on desktop after fresh windows 10 re-install. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All steam icons on desktop are blank after reinstalling windows 10 So I got a new mobo and cpu and reinstalled my windows. I have 6 total drives and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by peanutmanak47, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Steam Icons blank on desktop after fresh windows 10 re-install.

All steam icons on desktop are blank after reinstalling windows 10 So I got a new mobo and cpu and reinstalled my windows. I have 6 total drives and obviously the steam file on the C: drive got deleted during the reinstall. I reinstalled Steam and when I go to put shortcuts on my desktop from steam, they are all blank white pages. I've noticed that my steam/steam/game folder has no icons in there. I've checked to make sure that .url files are defaulted to "internet browser" I've rebuilt my icon cache for windows 10 multiple times and no luck. Also rebooted after the rebuilds. Also I have verified my local files in steam for games and that doesn't work either. I have a lot of games and don't want to have to go through manually editing all of the icons on the desktop. Windows 10 OS Build 19041.985

:)

peanutmanak47, Jun 8, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jun 8, 2021
  3. O0mix0O Win User
    O0mix0O, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Mr McC Win User

Steam Icons blank on desktop after fresh windows 10 re-install.

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused Steam Icons blank on desktop after fresh windows 10 re-install. :confused:

Mr McC, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Steam Icons blank on desktop after fresh windows 10 re-install.

1. Steam Icons blank on desktop after fresh windows 10 re-install. - Similar Threads - Steam Icons blank

2. Windows Security Blank Screen after Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Blank Screen after Fresh Install: I've been encountering this problem where Windows Security only shows a blank screen, so I decided to reinstall Windows, even to the point where I chose the "Clean the Drive" Option.However, even after multiple resets and Windows reinstalls even through Windows ISO, I still...
  3. Windows Security Blank Screen after Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Blank Screen after Fresh Install: I've been encountering this problem where Windows Security only shows a blank screen, so I decided to reinstall Windows, even to the point where I chose the "Clean the Drive" Option.However, even after multiple resets and Windows reinstalls even through Windows ISO, I still...
  4. Windows Update will not connect after fresh re-install Windows 10

Windows Update will not connect after fresh re-install Windows 10: I have been going in circles for hours trying to find an answer and keep seeing the same posts about how to troubleshoot this problem. I have installed a fresh download of windows 10 twice and the outcome is still the same.I have done the troubleshooter tells me nothing and...
  5. Windows Update will not connect after fresh re-install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update will not connect after fresh re-install Windows 10: I have been going in circles for hours trying to find an answer and keep seeing the same posts about how to troubleshoot this problem. I have installed a fresh download of windows 10 twice and the outcome is still the same.I have done the troubleshooter tells me nothing and...
  6. Windows Update will not connect after fresh re-install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Desktop blank icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop blank icons: So suddenly my desktop icons went blank and I don’t know how to fix it, any help would be appreciated… https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-blank-icons/ad4378f9-61cf-40ac-898c-600196925ea8
  8. Desktop blank icons

Desktop blank icons: So suddenly my desktop icons went blank and I don’t know how to fix it, any help would be appreciated… https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-blank-icons/ad4378f9-61cf-40ac-898c-600196925ea8
  9. Blank icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icons on desktop: I downloaded a game on my computer and now some of my things look like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icons-on-desktop/f073dcc5-bd2d-45b7-ac4a-9578f7ce24b5
  10. Re-Install a Fresh Version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Install a Fresh Version of Windows 10: Hi, I have a PC running Windows 10 that I want to gift to someone, but before I do so, I want to install a separately licenced version of Windows 10. I have tried to buy a new licence and then substitute the activation code, but Microsoft keeps taking the product out of my...