Windows 10: Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel

Discus and support Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Super weird issue, I have steam installed and it opens and works no problem, but it's missing from programs in control panel. I was going to uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MsSloth420, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel

Super weird issue, I have steam installed and it opens and works no problem, but it's missing from programs in control panel. I was going to uninstall it to try to fix it but I can't since it's literally missing from the programs list. Just wanted to see if there was a fix for this.

submitted by /u/MsSloth420
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MsSloth420, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Kgorman93 Win User

Steam is missing from program/apps list

Steam is no longer listed in apps list, and isn't listed in control panel programs either, on windows 10. I was going to uninstall it to correct this, which is how I found it's not in the control panel programs list. So I can't uninstall steam. Steam works
    and eveeeveryt but I just dont understand why it's not listed in control panel under programs.
    Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel 66c21e59-e6a0-41c2-a921-1851816262c9?upload=true.png

Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel 074af69b-d065-4a80-87fb-d004b3ceab41?upload=true.png

Kgorman93, Feb 6, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

The "Control Panel uninstall list" is called Programs and Features. It only lists the programs you, the user, have installed personally.
    The apps that come with Windows 10 are not included in Programs and Features.
    Some of those apps can be uninstalled by right clicking at them > click Uninstall.
    Some you cannot uninstall without special way. If you have some of those, please post back with the names.
    And then there are some you just can NOT uninstall.

davidhk, Feb 6, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

Go to All apps > find the program under the Alphabet > right click at it > click Uninstall.
    Example : Auslogics.
    All apps > Alphabet A > right click Auslogics > Uninstall.

Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel

1. Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel - Similar Threads - Steam installed missing

2. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  3. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  4. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Control panel missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Control panel missing: I were having some problems with my computer. Tried to download and install an old game. Think something happened with my computer. I can't find the control panel anywhere. Anyone who might be able to help? submitted by /u/DankestGuide [link] [comments]...
  6. Hiding an app from control panel

Hiding an app from control panel: Is there a way to install an app (in this case steam) and configure it so that it doesn't appear on the control panel, quick access or the windows search bar? I'm assuming its either a special directory or a registry hack. Any help would be welcome! submitted by /u/p20sren...
  7. Hiding Apps from Control panel

Hiding Apps from Control panel: I am trying to hide an app (ProtonVpn) from the control panel by editing the registry, but I can't seem to find the DisplayName key in Local machine. I installed it in the recomended directory : Program files x 86. Please help submitted by /u/p20sren [link] [comments]...
  8. Steam is missing from program/apps list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Steam is missing from program/apps list: Steam is no longer listed in apps list, and isn't listed in control panel programs either, on windows 10. I was going to uninstall it to correct this, which is how I found it's not in the control panel programs list. So I can't uninstall steam. Steam works and eveeeveryt but...
  9. Programs Missing From Control Panel List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List: Trying to uninstall some apps. Some are missing from Control Panel uninstall list of apps How can I find them? Windows 10 37229
  10. Missing control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing control panel: I am unable to find my Control Panel today. I see the words control panel when I right click on the menu after clicking on the start button. But nothing happens. It does not open. I have been researching it all day but to no avail. I am using an Acer laptop and I updated to...