Windows 10: Steam is missing from program/apps list

Discus and support Steam is missing from program/apps list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Steam is no longer listed in apps list, and isn't listed in control panel programs either, on windows 10. I was going to uninstall it to correct this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kgorman93, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Kgorman93 Win User

Steam is missing from program/apps list

Steam is no longer listed in apps list, and isn't listed in control panel programs either, on windows 10. I was going to uninstall it to correct this, which is how I found it's not in the control panel programs list. So I can't uninstall steam. Steam works and eveeeveryt but I just dont understand why it's not listed in control panel under programs. Steam is missing from program/apps list 66c21e59-e6a0-41c2-a921-1851816262c9?upload=true.png Steam is missing from program/apps list 074af69b-d065-4a80-87fb-d004b3ceab41?upload=true.png

:)

Kgorman93, Feb 4, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 4, 2020
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

NOPD, Feb 4, 2020
  4. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I will try to make a description that is more accurate.
    1. Apps I have installed all show up on the Start Button/All Apps list. Examples are XNview and Free Photo Viewer.
    2. However, when I got to My Programs and Features page the same apps are missing from the list.
    3. In order to uninstall one of these, Programs and Features wants me to click on the app I want to uninstall.
    4. Can't do it because they are not listed on Programs and Features list.
    5. Question...
    6. How do I get them on the list so that i can uninstall?
    7. Same situation occurs when I want to designate an app as a default... not on the Settings list.
    8. They are not available
    P.S. I am aware that there are apps on the list that I don't want to mess with, such as Intel or Lenovo!

NOPD, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Steam is missing from program/apps list - Similar Threads - Steam missing program

2. program missing in list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program missing in list: I had Dell Support Assistant in my list that opens when one clicks on the Windows logo in lower left hand corner. It has disappeared. It's still on my computer thoughHow do i put/get it back on the list?i don't know what proper category is for this.Thank you...
  3. program missing in list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program missing in list: I had Dell Support Assistant in my list that opens when one clicks on the Windows logo in lower left hand corner. It has disappeared. It's still on my computer thoughHow do i put/get it back on the list?i don't know what proper category is for this.Thank you...
  4. Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel: Super weird issue, I have steam installed and it opens and works no problem, but it's missing from programs in control panel. I was going to uninstall it to try to fix it but I can't since it's literally missing from the programs list. Just wanted to see if there was a fix...
  5. Missing Programs from Start Menu List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Programs from Start Menu List: Please don't tell me to reinstall... did that! Don't tell me to add an icon... I don't want a screen full of icons..... Don't tell me to add an app. If i wanted an apps I'd by a tablet. How do you fix missing installed programs back to Start Menu List. This is why I HATE...
  6. Letters missing from All apps list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Letters missing from All apps list: Hi, I am missing the letters W X Y Z from the all apps list, all apps with those first letters are categorized under V. Could you please fix that? I downloaded Windows 10 from Dreamspark....
  7. Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list

Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list: Just noticed when I was about to upgrade one of my applications by starting to uninstall the current version that it wasn't no longer in the list of installed programs and lots of other programs are gone too. Did some Google searching for this problem and noticed I was far...
  8. List of working apps/programs

List of working apps/programs: Since the latest build has the kernel revision to 10 (that escalated quickly), I'm curious as to see if this is causing any programs to not work, work just fine, or work in capability mode. List away! 3816
  9. Programs Missing From Control Panel List

Programs Missing From Control Panel List: Trying to uninstall some apps. Some are missing from Control Panel uninstall list of apps How can I find them? Windows 10 37229
  10. Missing All Apps List

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing All Apps List: Why don't I have an All Apps list at the bottom of the left hand side of the Start Menu, any thoughts please? 65965