Windows 10: Steam lags my gaming pc and is there anything that could be done?

Discus and support Steam lags my gaming pc and is there anything that could be done? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using the Gaming PC with Windows 10 64 bit since 2019 and I have been downloading games on Steam and whenever I download the games that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonathanMcEvoy_830, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Steam lags my gaming pc and is there anything that could be done?

I have been using the Gaming PC with Windows 10 64 bit since 2019 and I have been downloading games on Steam and whenever I download the games that uses more storage and it freezes my PC and I had to turn off my PC and restart it and the startup is much slower and I had to wait alot longer and that got me mad at my PC and then when it logged on properly then it runs faster after the game downloads and is there a way on how it would be fixed and let Steam games download properly and much faster than slow?

:)

JonathanMcEvoy_830, Oct 5, 2020

2. Steam games lagging on Windows 10

I have a HP laptop and I updated from 8.1 to 10 and Steam starts up fine and will open games. But they lag
    SO MUCH . My brother got it on his PC and has had no issues. My laptop had no problems running games before but now it's running games so poorly that they are unplayable. It's been about half an hour now and I'm already wanting to
    go back to 8.1. So I need help fixing this problem or reverting back to 8.1

ShaneHorsley, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Steam lags my gaming pc and is there anything that could be done?

Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Steam lags my gaming pc and is there anything that could be done?

1. Steam lags my gaming pc and is there anything that could be done? - Similar Threads - Steam lags gaming

2. my pc freezing and lagging while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc freezing and lagging while gaming: Recently i noticed that for some reason my pc latency spikes when playing and having a few background programs like spotify and google, but this didn't happen before and now my cpu usage can be below 50 but my latency goes from 20-30 to 100-1000 causing freezing and...
  3. my pc freezing and lagging while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc freezing and lagging while gaming: Recently i noticed that for some reason my pc latency spikes when playing and having a few background programs like spotify and google, but this didn't happen before and now my cpu usage can be below 50 but my latency goes from 20-30 to 100-1000 causing freezing and...
  4. My steam games and the oculus pc app will not open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My steam games and the oculus pc app will not open.: My steam games and the oculus pc app will not open however they do the blue circle for half a second then it just doesnt open, and i can only open my apps through steam now however i also have to run steam as administrator. I've tried restarting my pc, reinstalling everything...
  5. My steam games and the oculus pc app will not open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My steam games and the oculus pc app will not open.: My steam games and the oculus pc app will not open however they do the blue circle for half a second then it just doesnt open, and i can only open my apps through steam now however i also have to run steam as administrator. I've tried restarting my pc, reinstalling everything...
  6. My pc will lag on games for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc will lag on games for no reason: I have been playing on my pc for about 5 months now and it has been fine but a week ago my games started lagging also my discord but nothing else not my browsers or videos on youtube.when im playing a game it will freeze for about 4 seconds and then continue fine for about 6...
  7. Crawl could not be done

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crawl could not be done: Re enclosed. Any advice, please? Crawl could not be completed on content source. Internal error Microsoft Windows HTTP services. Error 0x80072ee4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crawl-could-not-be-done/9a8862d5-61fe-4325-b94c-c9405813e817
  8. Multiplayer games lag on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiplayer games lag on pc: So the game i'm talking about is Roblox. Whenever I play a game on there my character doesn't fully load in, it starts moving slowly and nothing barely shows up on the game. When I try to move in the game it starts lagging saying "Roblox isn't responding." This didn't just...
  9. Old games lag on my new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games lag on my new PC: I have a hard time running games pre-dating 2007 over 30 fps. However I can run newer games on a much higher fps. I tried running games in compatibility mode but the lag still persists. The games that I'm trying to play right now is Far Cry 1 and HALO 2...
  10. Steam crashing my game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam crashing my game.: Hi For last 5 days i'd say my CS:GO in steam library are not running as it was before. My CS:GO crashes every most of the time i try to load a map ( offline ) but it does not happen all the time, i was playing no problem 3 hours ago, i try to run it again later, crashes...