Windows 10: Steam - Native Resolutions - Windows 10

Discus and support Steam - Native Resolutions - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been using two identical monitors for over two years. They are 25" LG Ultra Wide with a native resolution of 2560 x 1080. Everything has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maryland_Cyclist, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Steam - Native Resolutions - Windows 10

I have been using two identical monitors for over two years. They are 25" LG Ultra Wide with a native resolution of 2560 x 1080. Everything has worked smoothly since the beginning. During the stay-at-home orders, I made the mistake of playing some mindless games on Steam. I recently installed and played Fieldrunners 2 on Windows 10 and all my problems began.

Configuration:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super

LG Ultrawide 25UM58-P x 2

The Issue:

After playing the game in full screen on Monitor two, the GAME changed the display to 1920 x 1080 for the duration of the game. After the game completed, the resolution of the monitor 2 is still being held at 1920 x 1080. It does not go back to 2560 x 1080 and it no longer offers that resolution as an option. I have spent hours troubleshooting and am at wits end.

Troubleshooting I have already completed:

1. Updated windows.

2. Updated drivers.

3. Removed display drivers and reinstalled.

4. Both WINDOWS Display Setting and NVIDIA Control Panel agree that Monitor 2 now only displays up to 1920 x 1080.

5. Unplugged monitor both power and HDMI, waiting minutes, and plugged in again.

6. Tried uninstalling Fieldrunners.

7. Looked to STEAM for help to no avail.

8. Previous games that worked on Monitor 2 all all under the new display constraints.

9. Tried to make a custom resolution in NVIDIA control panel but it came out all screwed up. Test view looked good but when I applied, it was interlaced and only filled 1/2 the screen. Even when I make adjusted to the custom resolution, it is blurry.

10. Went to LG website, updated display driver, no change.

I know exactly when it changed Fieldrunner 2, playing full screen at 1920 x 1080. It is as if the game won't release the resolution after it is closed and now uninstalled. Something is keeping windows from realizing that it can go back to "normal".

:)

Maryland_Cyclist, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 18, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Steam - Native Resolutions - Windows 10

Native Resolution wrong in Windows10 laptop

Hi, I assume you bought it 2nd hand. Did it come with Win 10?

As you're unsure about what you've got, I suggest you download and run
    Hwinfo64
    E.g.

Steam - Native Resolutions - Windows 10 [​IMG]

Steam - Native Resolutions - Windows 10 [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Steam - Native Resolutions - Windows 10

1. Steam - Native Resolutions - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Steam Native Resolutions

2. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  3. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  4. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 - Native resolution not correct.

Windows 11 - Native resolution not correct.: Hello, I have a Samsung 49" Odyssey G9 Gaming Monitor and using the monitor driver.This monitor native resolution is 5120 x 1440 which does show correctly in the Nvidia Control panel but within the Windows 11 OS it is showing 2560 x 1440 as the recommended resolution instead...
  6. Monitors Native Resolution

Monitors Native Resolution: Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the windows settings, but its doesn't change it the way I want it to. The NVIDIA program DSR will upscale your native resolution by...
  7. Monitors Native Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitors Native Resolution: Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the windows settings, but its doesn't change it the way I want it to. The NVIDIA program DSR will upscale your native resolution by...
  8. Monitors Native Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679
  10. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679