Windows 10: Steam online games makes my WIFI adapter goes hidden and disabled

Discus and support Steam online games makes my WIFI adapter goes hidden and disabled in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone,Is anyone here having issues with Steam disconnecting them from WIFI?Whenever I open Steam games my WIFI gets disconnected WIFI adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WalidBouachir1, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Steam online games makes my WIFI adapter goes hidden and disabled

Hello everyone,Is anyone here having issues with Steam disconnecting them from WIFI?Whenever I open Steam games my WIFI gets disconnected WIFI adapter goes hidden and disabled then after I quit the game it goes back on, and sometimes I have to restart my PC for it to work again.This happens in my case when I start CS:GO or Ring of Elysium.I tried the following:- Installed all the Windows 10 updates- Updated ALL the drivers and installed all the missing ones- Set the power option to maximum performance- In device manager -> WIFI properties I unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off th

:)

WalidBouachir1, Oct 16, 2021
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 16, 2021
  4. Steam online games makes my WIFI adapter goes hidden and disabled

How to permanently disable ms virtual wifi adapter

Hi,

You may permanently disable the Virtual Network Adapter and Virtual Wifi Adapter by deleting it completely from the Network and Sharing Center.

To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • On the left-side, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on the name of the adapter, then choose Delete.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

Steam online games makes my WIFI adapter goes hidden and disabled

1. Steam online games makes my WIFI adapter goes hidden and disabled - Similar Threads - Steam online games

2. Ethernet Adapter disabling on Windows 11 while starting online game and/or using Steam Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Adapter disabling on Windows 11 while starting online game and/or using Steam Link: My ethernet adapter on my desktop computer is disabling every time that I attempt to start an online game and putting my system into a bad state. The issue began in between February 21st to February 26th. My system is:OS: Windows 11 Pro, 10.0.22621 Build 22621Motherboard:...
  3. Ethernet Adapter disabling on Windows 11 while starting online game and/or using Steam Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Adapter disabling on Windows 11 while starting online game and/or using Steam Link: My ethernet adapter on my desktop computer is disabling every time that I attempt to start an online game and putting my system into a bad state. The issue began in between February 21st to February 26th. My system is:OS: Windows 11 Pro, 10.0.22621 Build 22621Motherboard:...
  4. WiFi Adapter disabled or hidden in Device Manager

in Windows 10 News
    WiFi Adapter disabled or hidden in Device Manager: [ATTACH]Some Windows users have complained that the WiFi Adapter is disabled or hidden in Device Manager on their Windows computer. When they launched Device Manager and checked the Network Adapter section, they just couldn’t find the driver. In this article, we will talk...
  5. Steam online games makes my WIFI adapter goes hidden and disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam online games makes my WIFI adapter goes hidden and disabled: Hello everyone,Is anyone here having issues with Steam disconnecting them from WIFI?Whenever I open Steam games my WIFI gets disconnected WIFI adapter goes hidden and disabled then after I quit the game it goes back on, and sometimes I have to restart my PC for it to work...
  6. Steam online games makes my WIFI adapter goes hidden and disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steam online games makes my WIFI adapter goes hidden and disabled: Hello everyone,Is anyone here having issues with Steam disconnecting them from WIFI?Whenever I open Steam games my WIFI gets disconnected WIFI adapter goes hidden and disabled then after I quit the game it goes back on, and sometimes I have to restart my PC for it to work...
  7. My wifi adapter disappears when playing online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wifi adapter disappears when playing online games: Hello all, I have a problem with my laptop Asus Tuf Gaming A15. When I play online games, my wifi adapter always disappears. When I check in the device manager, the wifi adapter is always hidden and I have to uninstall and reinstall it so I can use my wifi again. I don't know...
  8. Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu: Hi Team, I need help in resolving my wifi adapter as it is not working which is a common issue for windows 10. I tried to restart my computer a number of times. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I am getting this option and unable to fix the issue. I tried to open device manager...
  9. Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu

Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu: Hi Team, I need help in resolving my wifi adapter as it is not working which is a common issue for windows 10. I tried to restart my computer a number of times. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I am getting this option and unable to fix the issue. I tried to open device manager...
  10. Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden': Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning. First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steam games disable wifi until restart

2. games disable wifi adapter