Windows 10: Steam overlay fixed for 64 bit games in latest beta build of Steam

Discus and support Steam overlay fixed for 64 bit games in latest beta build of Steam in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Not sure if many of you noticed, but post Windows Insider build 14936, the Steam overlay would refuse to work with 64 bit games. Starting with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by blackroseMD1, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Steam overlay fixed for 64 bit games in latest beta build of Steam

Not sure if many of you noticed, but post Windows Insider build 14936, the Steam overlay would refuse to work with 64 bit games. Starting with the public beta build of Steam that is available today, that issue is resolved.

You can opt in to Steam beta builds by going to Steam's settings>Account and clicking the "Change" button under the Beta Participation header. Select "Steam Beta Update" from the dropdown menu, hit OK and then hit the button to restart Steam.

As with any beta builds, you may experience bugs. I haven't run into any showstoppers in the time I've been running Steam betas, but your mileage may vary.

:)

blackroseMD1, Nov 16, 2016
  2. Melwinder Win User

Disable "Home Insider Preview" ???

Thank you, at least I know I am not the only one having this issue... I still haven't been able to get it fixed through even reinstalling steam and ALL of my games...

Melwinder, Nov 16, 2016
  3. Perus_TC Win User
    STEAM Screenshots

I have a hard time believing that NO one at Microsoft knows what STEAM is.For the cheap seats...I CAN take screenshots in Diablo 3 which is the only other gaming outlet I use for those.I MEAN taking screenshots while playing games in the STEAM games platform
    developed by VALVE Inc.They use the Chrome browser for their game overlay where you take SCREENSHOTS while in your games.The F12 key is used to do this IN GAME and it was working perfectly in Windows 7 64 until I upgraded to 10.THAT is the ONLY problem that
    I have so far with Windows 10 regarding the STEAM platform.I hope that SOMEone will get the memo this time. Thank you

Perus_TC, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

Steam overlay fixed for 64 bit games in latest beta build of Steam

1. Steam overlay fixed for 64 bit games in latest beta build of Steam - Similar Threads - Steam overlay fixed

2. Some steam games will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some steam games will not launch: When I launch some games, they do not open with video; the audio plays but the video is just flashing static that looks like my screen is going to crash. This doesn't happen with every game, just some of them. I don't think it's to do with graphics settings because it can run...
  3. steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    steam: I got on and my steam games where gone and I was wondering if you can get them back plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steam/69ce97e2-2c99-4c44-9357-457ebea76eb3
  4. Steam game issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam game issue: How do I fix this problem?? "Failed to initialize Direct3D. Make sure you have at least DirectX 9.0c installed, have drivers for your graphics card and have not disabled 3D acceleration in display settings. InitializeEngineGraphics failed" 117231
  5. Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam: I was wonderin whether a dell inspiron 13 5000 is compatble with steam i dont play triple A games just simple ones like garry’s mod and tust but it says it has touchscreen and that makes me think that its more tablet then laptop can i download steam and play my games if no...
  6. Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam: My laptop is Windows 10 bit 64 and DirectX 12. However, I can not run steam normally. If I run it, it would state the " app name can not run from a folder path with non-ASCII characters on this version of Windows. Please re-install app name to the default folder or install on...
  7. BSOD Steam Games Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Steam Games Problems: I've had recent problems that when I am playing steam games my computer it often restarts with BSOD errors. It is mostly Memory Management errors but now it varies a lot. I've tried as many of the fixes as possible but it doesn't seem to work. I also found that the Network...
  8. Steam crashing my game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam crashing my game.: Hi For last 5 days i'd say my CS:GO in steam library are not running as it was before. My CS:GO crashes every most of the time i try to load a map ( offline ) but it does not happen all the time, i was playing no problem 3 hours ago, i try to run it again later, crashes...
  9. Steam games not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching: I decided to come back to civ 5, and when I press play, all that happens is a small box saying "checking for updates" comes up for a brief moment, followed by another box saying "Searching for steam game updates" again for a brief moment. Nothing happens after. This also...
  10. bioshock2 steam/gaming evolved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bioshock2 steam/gaming evolved: Hi all, I tried everything, latest amd drivers etc. to get B2 to work on win10 as; after reading this forum it was posted as working. I reinstalled steam and the game several times but after playing the title intro movie it got the bit "TEN YEARS LATER" then it would shut...