Windows 10: Steam Survey: Windows 11 is rising, Windows 10 still dominating

Discus and support Steam Survey: Windows 11 is rising, Windows 10 still dominating in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has not revealed any information on how well its Windows 11 operating system is doing. While Microsoft did speed up the delivery of the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Feb 11, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Steam Survey: Windows 11 is rising, Windows 10 still dominating

Microsoft has not revealed any information on how well its Windows 11 operating system is doing. While Microsoft did speed up the delivery of the new version of Windows recently, it has not revealed any numbers so far.

Steam Survey: Windows 11 is rising, Windows 10 still dominating steam-survey-windows-10-11.png

Third-party stores and services provide a rough view of how successful Windows 11 is when it comes to the percentage of desktop devices that run the operating system.

AdDuplex stats for January 2022 listed a usage share of about 16% for Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. The company monitors Windows 10 and 11 devices only, and the number is likely on the high side.

Statcounter, a counter service for websites, listed Windows 11 with 2.6%, a number that is likely on the low side.

Valve's Steam platform collects data from its users as well. The company runs monthly surveys, optional for customers, and uses the information gathered from these surveys to create hardware and software statistics.

The stats for January 2022 see Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system at 13.56%, an increase of 3.41% over the previous month.

Windows 10 lost 3.92% at the same time, but sits comfortably at 77.82% of all systems surveyed. Windows 7 rose by 0.49% surprisingly to 3.73% and Windows 8.1 dropped by 0.01% to 0.67% of all surveyed devices.

Linux and Mac OS sit at 2.2.77% and 1.06% respectively according to the January 2022 survey.

The 13.56% may also be a bit on the high side, considering that Steam is a gaming platform and that gamers are often interested in running the latest and greatest on their systems. Gamer PCs may also have a higher compatibility rate with Windows 11 than non-gaming devices, as modern games are more taxing and require better hardware.

Not all Windows 10 devices can be upgraded to Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system directly. Microsoft changed the minimum system requirements of Windows 11 and that decision blocks the upgrade on devices that don't meet these via Windows Update. While there are ways to circumvent the block and install Windows 11 on incompatible devices, it means that millions of devices will run into end of support problems in 2025 when Windows 10 reaches its end of support.

Microsoft announced recently that Windows 11 will be offered to all eligible devices ahead of schedule. The company's initial plan was to make the offer to all eligible PCs, those that meet the minimum system requirements, by mid-2022. The usage share of Windows 11 will continue to rise in the coming months, but it will be interesting to see how it develops after the offer has been made to all eligible devices.

Now You: will Windows 11 surpass Windows 10 in usage share?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Steam Survey: Windows 11 is rising, Windows 10 still dominating appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Feb 11, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2022
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Feb 11, 2022
  4. moob Win User

Windows 10 Finally Surpasses Windows 7 in Global Market Share - StatCounter

Not only is it just Steam so it should be taken with a truckload of salt, but it's Steam as a result of the influx of Chinese players from PUBG.

This was Windows 10 on Steam several months ago: Windows 10 user base on Steam climbs to all-time high of 51.23%

Then PUBG began its rise and it started to change: https://www.game-debate.com/news/23...ndows-10-in-september-2017-according-to-steam

Edit: To further prove the point, the preferred language on Steam is now almost 64% Simplified Chinese: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

Thema:

1. Steam Survey: Windows 11 is rising, Windows 10 still dominating - Similar Threads - Steam Survey rising

2. Windows 10 kept its dominating lead in April 2023 over Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 kept its dominating lead in April 2023 over Windows 11: Windows 10 continues to be the most popular version of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system, even though Windows 11's usage share continues to climb. Usage statistics tracking service Statcounter published its stats for April 2023 today. Microsoft's Windows 10 operating...
  3. Windows 11 usage share continues to rise slowly

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 usage share continues to rise slowly: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system continued its slow but steady usage share climb in December 2022. Microsoft released the operating system in late 2021 to the public. Since then, it has gained in usage share, as was expected. [ATTACH] The release of the first stable...
  4. Installing Steam on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Steam on Windows 11: Hi I’ve just bought myself a a brand new HP Laptop with windows 11 on it. I’m trying to install the STEAM gaming program. However when I try to install the downloaded exe. file windows tells me that it is not a windows supported app. Any advice on how to adjust the app...
  5. Installing Steam on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Steam on Windows 11: Hi I’ve just bought myself a a brand new HP Laptop with windows 11 on it. I’m trying to install the STEAM gaming program. However when I try to install the downloaded exe. file windows tells me that it is not a windows supported app. Any advice on how to adjust the app...
  6. windows thumbnail process dominating processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows thumbnail process dominating processor: As the the description says windows thumbnail cache process is dominating my processor. Have done all the regular troubleshooting. The most obvious is that if i create a new account everything works as normal....
  7. Survey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Survey: I have created a survey form in office 365 which I am very happy with. the part I don't like is that i have to send a link to my customer. Is there not away to send the survey so they do not have to open a link? i want them to be able to open there email, answer my...
  8. Windows-10 problems rised last days

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows-10 problems rised last days: I have attached a word document with 3 screenshots while, trying unsuccessfuly to run some windows 10 applications. I tried to overcome it by SFC and DISM commands, with no success. Can you help ? 41595
  9. Windows 10 Insider Program Survey

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Program Survey: Hello, With your help, we seek to make Windows better. Our team is committed to understanding – and responding to – your feedback. As Gabe Aul explains in his blog post here (Insider Hub), your engagement helps improve not only Windows as a product, but also the Windows...
  10. A Windows 10 Survey

in Windows 10 News
    A Windows 10 Survey: [img] Information Hi geeks! Please give a minute of your time and answer this short and small Excel Online survey: Windows 10 Survey Survey is totally anonymous, no IP, location or other personal information is sent, no name or email asked. You don't have to be a...