Windows 10: Steam unable to go online AFTER March 2nd Windows Update

Discus and support Steam unable to go online AFTER March 2nd Windows Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Firstly, after the automatic Windows update on March 2nd and March 4th, both Steam and League of Legends suddenly lost the capabilities to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zekeqr, Mar 3, 2016.

1. zekeqr Win User

Steam unable to go online AFTER March 2nd Windows Update

Hi all,

Firstly, after the automatic Windows update on March 2nd and March 4th, both Steam and League of Legends suddenly lost the capabilities to go online.

I spent over 8 hours trying to solve this problem, including restarting all possible hardware, disabling / enabling all necessary services etc, tried starting up in "Safe Mode" but my Network was disabled, so was not able to test out connection to Steam / Garena. I've tried everything Google returned to me as well, nothing worked.

For Steam, it was just a clear error that it was unable to "connect online", upon checking the log file, it states this:

[2016-03-04 20:49:45] Startup - updater built Jun 4 2015 10:36:34
    [2016-03-04 20:49:45] Verifying installation...
    [2016-03-04 20:49:45] Unable to read and verify install manifest F:\Steam\package\steam_client_win32.installed
    [2016-03-04 20:49:45] Verification complete
    [2016-03-04 20:49:45] Downloading update...
    [2016-03-04 20:49:45] Checking for available updates...
    [2016-03-04 20:49:45] Download failed: http error 0
    [2016-03-04 20:49:45] Download failed: http error 0
    [2016-03-04 20:49:45] failed to load manifest from buffer.
    [2016-03-04 20:49:45] Failed to load manifest
    [2016-03-04 20:49:45] Error: Download failed: http error 0
    [2016-03-04 20:49:45] Error: Steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again.
    [2016-03-04 20:49:47] Shutdown

When I tried League of Legends, they gave an error of Unable to connect to Maestro.

I googled both issues and they both shared something common : a 3rd Party Software is blocking their connections.

I am using the default Windows Firewall and Windows Defender. I had allowed all "apps" of Steam and League of Legends via the Windows Firewall Settings on both Public and Private Domains, and had even added additional inbound / outbound rules for Windows Firewall Advanced Settings.

As for Windows Defender, I tried turning "Real Time Protection" off, but still was unable to get through.

It is clear that something is blocking these gaming programs from going online. I am still able to access the Internet normally using web browsers such as Chrome and Edge, and my torrent client, Deluge works perfectly as well, able to seed and leech with no issues.

I tried uninstalling the latest Windows Updates as well, but that did not help.

Can anyone advise on what I can do now ? There is just too much data in my Computer to Backup into another external hard drive, so I really wish to avoid doing a Clean Re-install as much as possible.

Thank you very much in advance.

Warmest Regards,
    Zeke

:)

zekeqr, Mar 3, 2016

2. Just got Windows 10, Trouble with printing & unable to find menu to delete cookies & cache

Lots of problems with new update to windows 10. Unable to print or install the new Adobe Reader for USPS printing of postage & online coupons. Unable to upload photos on ebay, unable to clear cookies & cache? Tried to find menu? The upload for
    Adobe won't go past the 2nd part, then freezes?

MiaLipschutz, Mar 3, 2016
  3. I am unable to download the entire March 2016 Daily Challenge puzzles.

* Original Title: Magic Jigsaw

We're now the 2nd of March and I am unable to download the entire March 2016 Daily Challenge puzzles. This is not the first time this has happened either. Please help!

RachelBowley, Mar 3, 2016
Thema:

Steam unable to go online AFTER March 2nd Windows Update

1. Steam unable to go online AFTER March 2nd Windows Update - Similar Threads - Steam unable online

2. Issues with connecting to online services including Windows Updater and Steam, but no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with connecting to online services including Windows Updater and Steam, but no...: So I have a variety of issues which I have set out below and the actions I have taken, but I've now come to the opinion that there is some issue affecting programs/services connecting to the internet. I am definitely connected to the internet, but Windows Updater, Steam and...
  3. Issues with connecting to online services including Windows Updater and Steam, but no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with connecting to online services including Windows Updater and Steam, but no...: So I have a variety of issues which I have set out below and the actions I have taken, but I've now come to the opinion that there is some issue affecting programs/services connecting to the internet. I am definitely connected to the internet, but Windows Updater, Steam and...
  4. Update, unable to stay online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update, unable to stay online: Update. Now I can't stay online, for 1 minute.I just don't understand, why this is happening to me?I hope I can stay online, long enough to post this*original title: Update...
  5. Unable to launch App to 2nd display after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to launch App to 2nd display after Windows 10 update: I have an app that launches on a secondary monitor - actually a HDMI Ghost screen - with the desktop extended. After the latest Windows 10 update it refuses to launch and just hangs. If I launch it on the main screen and then drag it to the Ghost screen it works fine but I...
  6. Windows updates go online .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates go online .: Is there a cmd that will force windows update to go online for updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-go-online/483d0bcb-46ae-459b-bfa4-66e4af16f52c
  7. Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc

Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc: Recently I built this new computer, everything seemed fine. I can browse the internet with fast speeds etc. however I am unable to play online games in applications such as steam or origin. When I restart I am sometimes able to connect to csgo servers for 5 minutes or so but...
  8. Online Game Platforms ARC & Steam Not Able to Run After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online Game Platforms ARC & Steam Not Able to Run After Windows Update: I have not been able to boot my MMORPG online game platforms ARC and Steam after the Windows 10 anniversary update. *Mad Anyone have a suggestions to resolve this? 65669
  9. Lather rinse repeat update 1st March-2nd March 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lather rinse repeat update 1st March-2nd March 2016: Hi this process took 10 hours for the first cycle (1st March) then another hour or so today (2nd March) how do I check where my update is at? How will I know its finished? anyone thanks 42648
  10. Google Chrome and Steam won't go online

Google Chrome and Steam won't go online: Hello there. Last night, I installed Windows 10 to my previously Windows 8.1 laptop. However, I have a problem: Google Chrome and Steam cannot go into online mode. Google Chrome gives me this message whenever I try to visit a webpage: This webpage is not available...