Windows 10: Steam unistalling my game even though it's still on my PC

Discus and support Steam unistalling my game even though it's still on my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know this is a question you could look up on youtube and find a way to fix but the fixes they're suggesting aren't working. The tutorials are telling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/crustyfishnugget, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Steam unistalling my game even though it's still on my PC

I know this is a question you could look up on youtube and find a way to fix but the fixes they're suggesting aren't working. The tutorials are telling me I need a D: Drive but I don't have one, then I try to go create a D: drive in Disk Manager and it says can't create one I am stuck for options and I'm not willing to download a 70 Gb game again. If you can point me in a way to a youtube video that could help or a better subreddit I would be grateful.

submitted by /u/crustyfishnugget
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/crustyfishnugget, Mar 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Steam unistalling my game even though it's still on my PC

Windows 10 vs Steam Games

Hi Antonio,

Just to verify your concern, you are having trouble launching games on your PC that you purchased from Steam. Is this correct? If so, kindly provide us with the following information I have listed below:

• What games are you trying to launch that you are having issues with?
    • Can you try launching other games like the default Windows games? (i.e. Solitaire)
    • Are you getting any error messages when launching these games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Please advise. we'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Steam unistalling my game even though it's still on my PC

1. Steam unistalling my game even though it's still on my PC - Similar Threads - Steam unistalling game

2. How to delete a steam game that's taking up space on my OS drive even though i don't have...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete a steam game that's taking up space on my OS drive even though i don't have...: A little while ago I purchased Red Dead Redemption 2 on steam and eventually refunded it but the game, for some reason, still takes up space on my OS drive when I don't have the game. I talked to steam support about this they weren't really any help. They suggested that I "1...
  3. How to delete a steam game that's taking up space on my OS drive even though i don't have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete a steam game that's taking up space on my OS drive even though i don't have...: A little while ago I purchased Red Dead Redemption 2 on steam and eventually refunded it but the game, for some reason, still takes up space on my OS drive when I don't have the game. I talked to steam support about this they weren't really any help. They suggested that I "1...
  4. My steam games and the oculus pc app will not open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My steam games and the oculus pc app will not open.: My steam games and the oculus pc app will not open however they do the blue circle for half a second then it just doesnt open, and i can only open my apps through steam now however i also have to run steam as administrator. I've tried restarting my pc, reinstalling everything...
  5. My steam games and the oculus pc app will not open.

My steam games and the oculus pc app will not open.: My steam games and the oculus pc app will not open however they do the blue circle for half a second then it just doesnt open, and i can only open my apps through steam now however i also have to run steam as administrator. I've tried restarting my pc, reinstalling everything...
  6. Why Is My PC Lagging Even Though It Is Good?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Is My PC Lagging Even Though It Is Good?: Hello, My Laptop Has Recently Been Experiencing LAG Even Though I Think It Is Quite Good. Especially in games the FPS has been dropped really low.Specs: Computer: nVidia RTX 3060 Graphics Card. Core: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz. Memory: 8GB RAMDisc C:: 477GB...
  7. Why Is My PC Lagging Even Though It Is Good?

Why Is My PC Lagging Even Though It Is Good?: Hello, My Laptop Has Recently Been Experiencing LAG Even Though I Think It Is Quite Good. Especially in games the FPS has been dropped really low.Specs: Computer: nVidia RTX 3060 Graphics Card. Core: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz. Memory: 8GB RAMDisc C:: 477GB...
  8. My mp3 player will not connect to my pc, even though it is still getting charged.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mp3 player will not connect to my pc, even though it is still getting charged.: Hi there, I tried locating the device, adding the device, updating the drivers I was able to do so for the pc, but not the MP3 player, Riuzu, because it still needed to be recognized, but still, nothing. Please help. I had no problem on my last computer doing this. I do...
  9. My brightness bar is missing, even though my "PnP Monitor" was, and still is enabled.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My brightness bar is missing, even though my "PnP Monitor" was, and still is enabled.: submitted by /u/Sebto_00 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etzbkg/my_brightness_bar_is_missing_even_though_my_pnp/
  10. Steam crashing my game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam crashing my game.: Hi For last 5 days i'd say my CS:GO in steam library are not running as it was before. My CS:GO crashes every most of the time i try to load a map ( offline ) but it does not happen all the time, i was playing no problem 3 hours ago, i try to run it again later, crashes...