Windows 10: Steam VR Freeze??

Discus and support Steam VR Freeze?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using Pimax 8K Plus in the game IL-2 Sturmoviik and after a while, sometimes immediately, the VR graphics freeze but the game carries on. In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by klemlao, Jul 19, 2020.

1. klemlao Win User

Steam VR Freeze??

I am using Pimax 8K Plus in the game IL-2 Sturmoviik and after a while, sometimes immediately, the VR graphics freeze but the game carries on. In the file:

C:\Program Files x86\Steam\bin\cef\cef.win7x64\debug.log dated today and around the time it crashed.

I get the following four lines at the end of the file:

[0719/092430.549:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc286] Failed to set crash key: UserID with value: 0
    [0719/092430.549:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc286] Failed to set crash key: BuildID with value: 1594863892
    [0719/092430.549:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc286] Failed to set crash key: SteamUniverse with value: Public
    [0719/092430.549:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc286] Failed to set crash key: Vendor with value: Valve

Many other instances precede it.

Another file which is two minutes older is crash_reporter.cfg reading:

[Config]

# Product information.
    ProductName=cefwebhelper
    ProductVersion=1594863892

# Required to enable crash dump upload.
    ServerURL=http://crash.steampowered.com/submit

# Disable rate limiting so that all crashes are uploaded.
    RateLimitEnabled=true
    MaxUploadsPerDay=5

[CrashKeys]
    Vendor=small
    UserID=small
    BuildID=small
    SteamUniverse=small

Do you have any idea what is causing this?

Note:

I have completely uninstalled and re-installed IL-2 Sturmovik.

I have rolled my Nvidia graphics driver back once from the latest version released earlier in July.

All to no avail.

:)

klemlao, Jul 19, 2020

2. After anniversary update, steam vr hangs

Hi Raivis,

As per the information provided, if you are facing an issue with only the above I suggest that you contact Steam VR support forum as they will better equipped to help you rectify the above issue.

SteamVR General Discussions -
    Steam Community

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 19, 2020
  3. After anniversary update, steam vr hangs

Hi.

Does anyone has solved a problem with Steam VR hanging after aniversary update using GTX 1080?

Aniversary update problems with GTX 1080 and SteamVR- Original Title

RaivisVansovičs, Jul 19, 2020
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Steam VR Freeze??

Pavlov VR

I am waiting to buy this during Steam Summer Sale.

Oh boy do I have a long list of VR games I wanna buy. I have set aside $300 just for this Steam Summer Sale.

xkm1948, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Steam VR Freeze??

1. Steam VR Freeze?? - Similar Threads - Steam Freeze

2. Whenever I'm playing a game on Steam, games freeze from time to time and my keyboard inputs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I'm playing a game on Steam, games freeze from time to time and my keyboard inputs...: I always keep my Windows up to date, and graphics driver updated, and make sure the games I play can run on my laptop. Is this a software issue with Windows 11 or is it just my laptop? I have an HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 2D118AV....
  3. Whenever I'm playing a game on Steam, games freeze from time to time and my keyboard inputs...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I'm playing a game on Steam, games freeze from time to time and my keyboard inputs...: I always keep my Windows up to date, and graphics driver updated, and make sure the games I play can run on my laptop. Is this a software issue with Windows 11 or is it just my laptop? I have an HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 2D118AV....
  4. Steam freezes when installing a game

in Windows 10 News
    Steam freezes when installing a game: [IMG]When downloading and installing a game from the Steam Store, if the Steam Launcher stops responding and freezes then this post will help you. This can be due to various reasons, such as a corrupted download cache or conflicting apps. However, there are other potential...
  5. Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  6. Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  7. steam crashes/freezes my laptop after installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    steam crashes/freezes my laptop after installation: hello. i've had a steam account for quite a few years and everything has worked just fine on my older laptop, i downloaded steam and a few games without any issues. however, i have bought a new laptop lenovo ideapad gaming and steam has been causing me so many problems. i...
  8. steam crashes/freezes my laptop after installation

steam crashes/freezes my laptop after installation: hello. i've had a steam account for quite a few years and everything has worked just fine on my older laptop, i downloaded steam and a few games without any issues. however, i have bought a new laptop lenovo ideapad gaming and steam has been causing me so many problems. i...
  9. Microsoft made games on Steam on my pc keep freezing when I click in on them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft made games on Steam on my pc keep freezing when I click in on them.: For some reason whenever I open a Microsoft game like Sea of Thieves or Halo Infinite on Steam the game freezes whenever I click in on it. I can not find any information on this issue and I have already tried all of the basic fixes. I am out of options other than calling...
  10. Microsoft made games on Steam on my pc keep freezing when I click in on them.

Microsoft made games on Steam on my pc keep freezing when I click in on them.: For some reason whenever I open a Microsoft game like Sea of Thieves or Halo Infinite on Steam the game freezes whenever I click in on it. I can not find any information on this issue and I have already tried all of the basic fixes. I am out of options other than calling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 8k vr freeze