Windows 10: Steam's game file -Folders refuse to show up in Windows search.

Discus and support Steam's game file -Folders refuse to show up in Windows search. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The path that I'm trying to find is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common". Inside the "common" folder are the individual game folders. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZenTunE, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Steam's game file -Folders refuse to show up in Windows search.

The path that I'm trying to find is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common". Inside the "common" folder are the individual game folders. For example a path to a game's executable would be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Amnesia The Dark Descent\Amnesia.exe"

It doesn't matter whether I search for "Common", "Amnesia The Dark Descent" or "Amnesia.exe", none of them finds any results from the steamapps\common -folder.

I have selected the folders in the indexing settings and I've also made sure that in file explorer, all of the subfolders etc have "Allow to be indexed" selected in properties. So why can i still not find them?

submitted by /u/ZenTunE
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZenTunE, Jan 18, 2021

2. steam games won't show up in program files(x86)

Hi,

We suggest that you check if the folder is hidden by following these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select
      OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jan 18, 2021
  4. dark2099 Win User

Steam's game file -Folders refuse to show up in Windows search.

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Steam's game file -Folders refuse to show up in Windows search.

1. Steam's game file -Folders refuse to show up in Windows search. - Similar Threads - Steam's game file

2. Wifi refusing to show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi refusing to show up: My Windows 10 computer updated and now I'm unable to connect to my internet. It only shows up as though I am using an ethernet cable, but I am not. I have tried all the things Microsoft recommends, and it's not working.I disabled ethernet and yet it still says I'm using it....
  3. Wifi refusing to show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi refusing to show up: My Windows 10 computer updated and now I'm unable to connect to my internet. It only shows up as though I am using an ethernet cable, but I am not. I have tried all the things Microsoft recommends, and it's not working.I disabled ethernet and yet it still says I'm using it....
  4. Wifi refusing to show up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Steam says Game is running but it is not showing

in Windows 10 News
    Steam says Game is running but it is not showing: [ATTACH]Steam is one of the most popular gaming launchers in the world. It’s used and loved by a huge chunk of the gaming industry. So, when they complain about an issue, you know it’s serious. As of late, many users have complained that Steam says the game is running – but...
  6. "Type here to search" refuses to show steam games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Type here to search" refuses to show steam games: Really it's as simple as that, the search bar just REFUSES to show steam games, the odd thing is, it's only recently installed games, i.e. I've had Pavlov installed for over a year and it shows up fine, but I recently reinstalled Enter the Gungeon and it just doesn't show up....
  7. OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search.

in Cortana
    OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search.: Help would be appreciated. OneDrive tech could not help. My onedrive files and folders are not showing up when I search for them in file explorer windows search in the bottom task bar. They used to, before I moved my onedrive files to D:, which has more space. My C: is a...
  8. Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.

Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.: Hello. I hope I can find some help here. When I click on File Explorer or any folder to do a search, the search tools not does show up. And sometimes I can't search at all. It won't me click on it. I also noticed sometimes a gray box shows up on the folder search....
  9. Files not showing up in a folder.

Files not showing up in a folder.: I wanted to get some files off my old broken laptop so i bought a hard drive to usb adapter. But when I go to G:\Users\my user\Pictures the folder is empty. is there a reason why if anyone could tell me it would be a big help....
  10. Old files not showing up in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Old files not showing up in Windows Search: Hello everyone! Recently I have bought a new SSD drive and I decided not to clone the old drive, but to install a new system (Windows 10). Everything is fine, except that when I try to use Windows Search for old files that are on my other two drives they don't appear (also...