Windows 10: Steel Series Merc broken and disabled by windows 10 driver enforcement

Discus and support Steel Series Merc broken and disabled by windows 10 driver enforcement in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everybody, It seems that everybody owning this older keyboards or gaming fangs IdeazonSteel Series was let down by Microsoft. From what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeteTruck, Nov 19, 2020.

1. PeteTruck Win User

Steel Series Merc broken and disabled by windows 10 driver enforcement

Hello everybody,

It seems that everybody owning this older keyboards or gaming fangs IdeazonSteel Series was let down by Microsoft.

From what I read the only viable solutions are revolving around disabling digitally signed drivers. And because this solution can't disable that major security module only for this drivers but for whole future drivers on that particular machines which needs the altered drivers and catalogs of Steel Series THIS huge issue of disabling this security feature doesn't bother at all Microsoft.

So Microsoft, one reason of creating windows 10 was improved security .Right? So how come people now have to put down security modules to use their hardware on same windows 10 which was built for more security???????

Steel Series at least made their part of the effort and came up with a driver for windows 7, if that driver is not secure enough for windows 10 what is stopping you to make one? What is stopping you get rid of a security issue that will be maybe not on so many machines but it can spread over network. Right? Youtube is full of tutorials how to disable driver singing in win 10. How this platform will not become windows 7 or XP from security point of view? third party apps taking over win 10 cause you have to install a keyboard or a sound card and disable driver signing, cryptographic service corrupted cause same reason, BITS corrupted and updates not working . A whole chain of events for what? --Digitally signed drivers--

I have half of keyboard working atm and i'm not planing to disable digital signed drivers on my machine I rather go back to windows 7 and I will, cause is absolutely no similar keyboard to buy and I'm not going back to some squeezed, useless WASD.

I spent about 6 hours try to make my Merc working as it did on windows 7. I don't want to remap my buttons or some fancy setups but both parts of the keyboard to work. So Microsoft at least the remake BASIC functionality of Merc keyboards that otherwise had VERY trusty drivers in windows 7 for so many years.

Are this drivers somehow prone to be exploited during gameplay? ROP Return Oriented Programming is challenge for windows 10 but all drivers are prone to this exploit and any .dll , .exe, .cpl digitally signed or not.

Sorry users of Mercs couldn't find a solution myself but Microsoft should.

:)

PeteTruck, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

disable driver signature enforcement

Hi Barbara,

To resolve this issue, let's use the command prompt to disable driver signature enforcement permanently on your computer. To disable, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt and then right-click
      Command Prompt
      in the results.
    • Select Run as Administrator, and then select Yes.
    • On the command prompt, enter bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on and press
      Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

Note: Doing this step will disable driver signature enforcement permanently and will make your computer vulnerable to driver issues.

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    How to disable driver signature enforcement permenently.

Hi Ashan,

Driver Signature Enforcement is one of the security features that we make to make sure that only signed drivers can load on your system. Take note that disabling driver signature enforcement will install drivers that weren’t officially signed. To disable
    driver signature enforcement permanently, you can follow the steps below:

• Open an elevated Command Prompt. To do this, press the Windows
      key, type Command Prompt, press right click on the
      Command Prompt and select Run
      as administrator.
    • Type or paste the following:

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on
    • Restart your computer.

If you want to enable the driver signature enforcement, just follow the steps above and type or paste the following:

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks off

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Steel Series Merc broken and disabled by windows 10 driver enforcement

How to disable driver signature enforcement permenently.

I does you solution in cmd admin mode. but not correct this problem. Hasp key is not work. Cmd command not work an i was tired. Its work only disable driver signature enforcement mode .. how can
    i fix this ? Help me...

AshanMaduranga, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Steel Series Merc broken and disabled by windows 10 driver enforcement

1. Steel Series Merc broken and disabled by windows 10 driver enforcement - Similar Threads - Steel Series Merc

2. Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled: Hello. I had disabled Driver Signature Enforcement using the Command Prompt, but now i can't enable it no matter what i do.At the bottom right of my windows i still have the Test Mode watermark, and i know that Driver Signature Enforcement is not enabled, because multiple...
  3. Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled: Hello. I had disabled Driver Signature Enforcement using the Command Prompt, but now i can't enable it no matter what i do.At the bottom right of my windows i still have the Test Mode watermark, and i know that Driver Signature Enforcement is not enabled, because multiple...
  4. Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Steel Series Arctis 3 Is Not Being Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steel Series Arctis 3 Is Not Being Detected: First of all hi and thanks to the people who are reaing this now.For a few weeks I have a problem with my Windows 10 laptop. I have a Steel Series Arctis 3, when I plug it into my computer, It asks which device I plugged in. I pick headphones and click OK but it does not...
  6. Steel Series Arctis 3 Is Not Being Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steel Series Arctis 3 Is Not Being Detected: First of all hi and thanks to the people who are reaing this now.For a few weeks I have a problem with my Windows 10 laptop. I have a Steel Series Arctis 3, when I plug it into my computer, It asks which device I plugged in. I pick headphones and click OK but it does not...
  7. Steel Series Arctis 3 Is Not Being Detected

8. Cannot disable Driver Signature Enforcement

Cannot disable Driver Signature Enforcement: Hello, I am trying to disable driver signature enforcement, however I cannot do so. I've tried all the following methods. Using advanced boot option, the command prompt commands (bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on, bcdedit /set testsigning on) However, whenever I reboot...
  9. How to disable driver signature enforcement in windows 10 permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable driver signature enforcement in windows 10 permanently: I already tried different methods but none of them worked. i have to manually disabled every time i open my computer from startup setting and (7) disable driver signature enforcement. I tried: From command prompt: 1. bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on AND 2....
  10. Cannot disable driver signature enforcment

Cannot disable driver signature enforcment: hello i have windows 10 1607 Redstone 64Bit i want to install flashtool drivers to flash my android phone. at first i see it couldnt install so i googled a bit and found that i need to disable driver signature enforcment, so i found 2 solutions: 1_going to advanced...