Windows 10: SteelSeries Arctis 7 Audio Configuration Issues

Discus and support SteelSeries Arctis 7 Audio Configuration Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had a SteelSeries Arctis 7 since July with no issues. Now all of a sudden I cannot get both my audio and mic to work at the same time. In Discord... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MatthewP85, Jan 18, 2020.

1. SteelSeries Arctis 7 Audio Configuration Issues

I've had a SteelSeries Arctis 7 since July with no issues. Now all of a sudden I cannot get both my audio and mic to work at the same time. In Discord my options for input are Default no voice or SteelSeries Arctis 7 Certified voice works. However, for output, I have Default No Audio, Mic Works, Headphones 2-Arctis 7 Game, or SteelSeries Arctis 7 Certified. I can only hear others in voice chat if I set it to 'Headphones' but as soon as I do this, my Mic no longer works regardless of the setting this also seems to completely disable my mic across the board. If I put it on the other two settings I get no sound but my mic still works. This problem just suddenly arose with no explanation.

In Windows Sound Settings My output device is set to Headphones 2- Arctis 7 Game Headset Earphone 2-Arctis 7 Chat is another option and my input device is set to Headset Microphone 2-Arctis 7 Chat which is the only option available. I have made sure microphone privacy settings are correct, I have the latest firmware, I have ensured nothing is muted or turned off. This problem seems related directly to Discord, which I have also done a complete clean uninstall and reinstall of to no avail. This is incredibly frustrating and I could use assistance because as it stands right now I can either use the mic or hear other people in VC but not at the same time.

Additionally, it seems like opening any program that uses audio continuously will also disable the mic across the board. For example, I play Final Fantasy XIV online. As soon as the game starts running, my mic will no longer work. But as soon as I no longer have an active output, the mic will work again.

I have already reached out to SteelSeries and they have replaced the headset in question and this did not resolve the issue. Discord support offered no help. These problems started to present themselves in late December for no explicible reason.

:)

MatthewP85, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Inle Win User

SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC

The $250 / €270 Arctis Pro + GameDAC is SteelSeries' new flagship gaming audio system. It consists of an amazing gaming headset based on an improved iteration of the Arctis 3, 5, and 7 and the GameDAC, a high-quality external USB sound card equipped with the ESS Sabre 9018Q2C DAC chip and a host of advanced features, fully usable and configurable without any drivers.

Show full review

3. Inle Win User
    SteelSeries Arctis 7

The SteelSeries Arctis 7 is a phenomenal-looking, customizable wireless headset equipped with high-quality 40-millimeter audio drivers capable of delivering stereo and DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound. It also offers mind-boggling wireless range and battery life as well as a couple extremely useful features you won't find elsewhere.

Show full review

4. Inle Win User

SteelSeries Arctis 7 Audio Configuration Issues

SteelSeries Arctis 5

Good news, I have the Arctis 7 review in the works! Perhaps that way it will be easier for you to decide which way to go *Toast :toast:

Thema:

SteelSeries Arctis 7 Audio Configuration Issues

1. SteelSeries Arctis 7 Audio Configuration Issues - Similar Threads - SteelSeries Arctis Audio

2. Steelseries Arctis 9x headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steelseries Arctis 9x headset: I have started using the Arctis 9x on my computer and I have noticed that every time that I play Fortnite and load into a game the audio sounds quiet. It doesn’t help to turn the volume up on the headset or on the pc. So I was wondering how to fix this?...
  3. Steelseries Arctis 9x headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steelseries Arctis 9x headset: I have started using the Arctis 9x on my computer and I have noticed that every time that I play Fortnite and load into a game the audio sounds quiet. It doesn’t help to turn the volume up on the headset or on the pc. So I was wondering how to fix this?...
  4. SteelSeries Arctis 9X Headset crashes when connected to Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SteelSeries Arctis 9X Headset crashes when connected to Laptop: I've had the headset for about a month now, and have loved them ever since until now. I've been using them to connect to my laptop via bluetooth for Discord calls and streams. Used them this way for weeks until yesterday. Now whenever they connect to my laptop, they crash and...
  5. Problem with audio input and output - Steelseries Arctis 3 console ed and Realtek audio console

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with audio input and output - Steelseries Arctis 3 console ed and Realtek audio console: Hi, I am in need of help with audio problems, I have a steelseries headset that plugs into my laptop. Whenever I use it there is no change in input or output there is only Realtek. I can hear sound through the headphones but cannot talk through the mic. I believe it to be a...
  6. Problem with audio input and output - Steelseries Arctis 3 console ed and Realtek audio console

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with audio input and output - Steelseries Arctis 3 console ed and Realtek audio console: Hi, I am in need of help with audio problems, I have a steelseries headset that plugs into my laptop. Whenever I use it there is no change in input or output there is only Realtek. I can hear sound through the headphones but cannot talk through the mic. I believe it to be a...
  7. Problem with audio input and output - Steelseries Arctis 3 console ed and Realtek audio console

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Steelseries Arctis 3 mic doesn't work

Steelseries Arctis 3 mic doesn't work: i have the Steelseries Arctis 3 Headset and the audio works perfectly but the mic doesn't work at all ,i have tried alot of fixes from across multiple forums and none of them seem to help .the mic work perfectly fine when i plug it into my controller or into my phone.I try to...
  9. Steelseries Arctis 9x weird problems

Steelseries Arctis 9x weird problems: Howdy everyone and Happy holidays, Today for Christmas I got a SteelSeries ARctis 9x Wireless gaming headset for Xbox, but it can also be used on pc which was what I was planning to use it on. It's a super nice headset but I've noticed some weird problems with it. To start it...
  10. Steelseries Arctis headset mic not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steelseries Arctis headset mic not detected: Hi! I bought a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset back in February, and have been happily using it on my Home Windows 10 computer (Dell G7) for a few months. Recently it stopped working: two days ago some desktop applications stopped detecting the mic, and today, following a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steelseries not plying sound

2. arctis 7 no working as output device

3. Arctis 7 game sound not working

4. arctis 7 game no sound,
  5. arctris 7 mic issue,
  6. steelseries arctis 7 audio output issue,
  7. arctis 7 mic seems to have no input,
  8. arctis 7 mac output device power on,
  9. how to save configuration for arctis 7