Windows 10: Steelseries Arctis headset mic not detected

Discus and support Steelseries Arctis headset mic not detected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I bought a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset back in February, and have been happily using it on my Home Windows 10 computer (Dell G7) for a few months.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Intact, Jun 26, 2020.

1. /u/Intact Win User

Steelseries Arctis headset mic not detected

Hi! I bought a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset back in February, and have been happily using it on my Home Windows 10 computer (Dell G7) for a few months. Recently it stopped working: two days ago some desktop applications stopped detecting the mic, and today, following a morning OS update, the system stopped detecting the mic and CABLE Virtual Driver altogether. (The latter is not something I normally use)

I read a few threads (1, 2, 3, 4) and tried their fixes to no avail. The device doesn't appear in the recording tab (I think the Realtek(R) Audio is my builtin mic) and doesn't appear under device manager either. At the same time this issue began, I also started seeing a popup asking me to identify the type of device I plugged in when I plugged my headset into the 35mm jack.

Does anyone have any ideas on a fix? Thank you!

submitted by /u/Intact
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Intact, Jun 26, 2020

2. SteelSeries Arctis 7 Audio Configuration Issues

I've had a SteelSeries Arctis 7 since July with no issues. Now all of a sudden I cannot get both my audio and mic to work at the same time. In Discord my options for input are Default (no voice) or SteelSeries Arctis 7 Certified (voice works). However,
    for output, I have Default (No Audio, Mic Works), Headphones (2-Arctis 7 Game), or SteelSeries Arctis 7 Certified. I can only hear others in voice chat if I set it to 'Headphones' but as soon as I do this, my Mic no longer works regardless of the setting (this
    also seems to completely disable my mic across the board). If I put it on the other two settings I get no sound but my mic still works. This problem just suddenly arose with no explanation.

In Windows Sound Settings My output device is set to Headphones (2- Arctis 7 Game) (Headset Earphone 2-Arctis 7 Chat is another option) and my input device is set to Headset Microphone (2-Arctis 7 Chat) which is the only option available. I have made sure
    microphone privacy settings are correct, I have the latest firmware, I have ensured nothing is muted or turned off. This problem seems related directly to Discord, which I have also done a complete clean uninstall and reinstall of to no avail. This is incredibly
    frustrating and I could use assistance because as it stands right now I can either use the mic or hear other people in VC but not at the same time.

Additionally, it seems like opening any program that uses audio continuously will also disable the mic across the board. For example, I play Final Fantasy XIV online. As soon as the game starts running, my mic will no longer work. But as soon as I no longer
    have an active output, the mic will work again.

I have already reached out to SteelSeries and they have replaced the headset in question and this did not resolve the issue. Discord support offered no help. These problems started to present themselves in late December for no explicible reason.

MatthewP85, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Inle Win User
    SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC

The $250 / €270 Arctis Pro + GameDAC is SteelSeries' new flagship gaming audio system. It consists of an amazing gaming headset based on an improved iteration of the Arctis 3, 5, and 7 and the GameDAC, a high-quality external USB sound card equipped with the ESS Sabre 9018Q2C DAC chip and a host of advanced features, fully usable and configurable without any drivers.

Show full review

4. Jizzler Win User

SteelSeries Arctis 5

Cool. My Siberia v2 are still working well so I'm not looking for new headset, but when the time comes I'd probably go with SteelSeries again. Perhaps even the Arctis 5 -- I like the control and mute on the earcup instead on the cable. Though, trading one in-line control for another (ChatMix) makes me a bit hesitant.

Just glanced at their website and see the Arctis 7 have the ChatMix dial on the other earcup! Wish the Arctis 5 did that.

Jizzler, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Steelseries Arctis headset mic not detected - Similar Threads - Steelseries Arctis headset

2. Windows 11 PC does not detect my Steelseries Arctis 3 headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC does not detect my Steelseries Arctis 3 headset.: Hello,A few weeks ago I have ran into an issue in my PC where I accidentally uninstalled the Realtek audio driver and seemingly installed it again but after doing so my PC no longer wanted to detect my Steelseries Arctis 3 headset anymore. When I plug it in either from the...
  3. Windows 11 PC does not detect my Steelseries Arctis 3 headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC does not detect my Steelseries Arctis 3 headset.: Hello,A few weeks ago I have ran into an issue in my PC where I accidentally uninstalled the Realtek audio driver and seemingly installed it again but after doing so my PC no longer wanted to detect my Steelseries Arctis 3 headset anymore. When I plug it in either from the...
  4. Steelseries Arctis 9x headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steelseries Arctis 9x headset: I have started using the Arctis 9x on my computer and I have noticed that every time that I play Fortnite and load into a game the audio sounds quiet. It doesn’t help to turn the volume up on the headset or on the pc. So I was wondering how to fix this?...
  5. Steelseries Arctis 9x headset

Steelseries Arctis 9x headset: I have started using the Arctis 9x on my computer and I have noticed that every time that I play Fortnite and load into a game the audio sounds quiet. It doesn’t help to turn the volume up on the headset or on the pc. So I was wondering how to fix this?...
  6. SteelSeries Arctis 9X Headset crashes when connected to Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SteelSeries Arctis 9X Headset crashes when connected to Laptop: I've had the headset for about a month now, and have loved them ever since until now. I've been using them to connect to my laptop via bluetooth for Discord calls and streams. Used them this way for weeks until yesterday. Now whenever they connect to my laptop, they crash and...
  7. SteelSeries Arctis 9X Headset crashes when connected to Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SteelSeries Arctis 9X Headset crashes when connected to Laptop: I've had the headset for about a month now, and have loved them ever since until now. I've been using them to connect to my laptop via bluetooth for Discord calls and streams. Used them this way for weeks until yesterday. Now whenever they connect to my laptop, they crash and...
  8. SteelSeries Arctis 9X Headset crashes when connected to Laptop

9. Steelseries Arctis 3 mic doesn't work

Steelseries Arctis 3 mic doesn't work: i have the Steelseries Arctis 3 Headset and the audio works perfectly but the mic doesn't work at all ,i have tried alot of fixes from across multiple forums and none of them seem to help .the mic work perfectly fine when i plug it into my controller or into my phone.I try to...
  10. Steelseries Arctis 9x weird problems

Steelseries Arctis 9x weird problems: Howdy everyone and Happy holidays, Today for Christmas I got a SteelSeries ARctis 9x Wireless gaming headset for Xbox, but it can also be used on pc which was what I was planning to use it on. It's a super nice headset but I've noticed some weird problems with it. To start it...