Windows 10: SteelSeries driver update continous attempts/fails

Discus and support SteelSeries driver update continous attempts/fails in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a SteelSeries Sensei mouse and a Razer BlackWidow keyboard. Windows 10 daily attempts to install a "SteelSeries ApS - Keyboard - SteelSeries... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Madbagofhorses, Oct 16, 2015.

1. SteelSeries driver update continous attempts/fails

I have a SteelSeries Sensei mouse and a Razer BlackWidow keyboard. Windows 10 daily attempts to install a "SteelSeries ApS - Keyboard - SteelSeries Sensei [RAW]" update. The update fails within seconds of starting with error 0x80240016. The initial failure message darkens my screen (even when another program is full-screened) and shows a simple message, I don't currently have the verbiage and can't reproduce until Windows attempts automatically.

The update says keyboard in the name, but also says my mouse model. I'm sure it probably pertains to my mouse, but my mouse is working fine and this update fails regardless.

I've rebooted. I've attempted to install while a different mouse was plugged in. I've tried updating mouse and keyboard drivers automatically through the Device Manager ("device driver is already up to date"). I've installed keyboard and mouse drivers from the vendor sites.

Is there anyway to get Windows 10 to forget about this update and stop trying to install it? Any other useful suggestions?

Thanks
    Jake.

:)

Madbagofhorses, Oct 16, 2015
  2. _t1mmy_ Win User

Random BSOD After Installing a NEW SSD

Could you see if you can link me the direct link to a steelseries driver before I unistall? I have a Steelseries Apex 150 keyboard.

_t1mmy_, Oct 16, 2015
  3. Shamus Win User
    New Computer Build USB Ports not talking to Newer Keyboards & Mice.

Let me clarify.:

The clean boot procedure did not reproduce the problem. It saw the keyboard at boot and allowed it to function without issue as a normal keyboard.

Upon going back to the normal boot, the issue reoccurred.

I then uninstalled all SteelSeries software.

Windows 10 once again saw the keyboard when booting and allowed it to function as a normal keyboard without any issue.

I ran like this for several days.

SteelSeries released Engine 3 ver. 3.8.2

I loaded it and the problem reoccurred.

Uninstalled the SteelSeries Engine 3 ver. 3.8.2 and then Windows 10 had no problem seeing the keyboard and it functioning issue free as a normal keyboard.

So I was willing to believe it was the SteelSeries software and mirrored my findings to them too.

Until yesterday 3 July 2016.

You (Microsoft), uploaded via Windows 10 update "SteelSeries ApS - Other hardware - SteelSeries Apex M800."

Immediately following the update the keyboard stopped working correctly.

I had had no issue running the keyboard without the SteelSeries software at that point.

I must conclude based on that (update) install that the issue lies between both of your software's at this point. Since that file had failed previously it would be easy to just deduce that it was SteelSeries alone. However since it installed successfully
    yesterday and I wasn't running any SteelSeries software and then the keyboard went inoperable immediately after, it has to be a joint issue.

Sadly I can't uninstall the "SteelSeries ApS - Other hardware - SteelSeries Apex M800."

SteelSeries driver update continous attempts/fails [​IMG]

I figured after the updates to Windows 10 overall on the 12th of Jul 2016 I would plug the APEX M800 back in (no SteelSeries software installed) and see if by chance it would go back to working.

Same results unfortunately.

Whatever was in that patch for 3 July 2016, it is what I see as the root cause to the keyboards issue.

As noted in my prior testing with just Windows 10 and no SteelSeries software) the keyboard worked correctly for several days.

If I loaded the SteelSeries Engine 3 the Keyboard would have issues (not being seen at boot, coming online if a key was pressed, only being operable for a few minutes).

If I then uninstalled the SteelSeries Engine 3, and just ran Windows 10 and the Keyboard, no issue. The keyboard would be seen during boot, remain operable.

Then unfortunately that 3 July Patch came and took the keyboard out again.

The difference being, the keyboard would be seen at boot, however within a few minutes it would go inoperable.

So as I see based on my personal result, you and SteelSeries have some software/hardware compatibility issues that need to be resolved.

Shamus, Oct 16, 2015
  4. SteelSeries driver update continous attempts/fails

This automatic update occured for about a week straight every day. It no longer occurs. I changed nothing, I suspect something on the SteelSeries or Windows 10 side was updated.

Madbagofhorses, Oct 20, 2015
  5. SteelSeries driver update continous attempts/fails [​IMG]
    Despite having a steelseries 6Gv/2 keyboard and installed uptodate steelseries drivers, window and the steelseries refuse to cooperate. Windows suggests that the current driver is the best to use and therefore steelseries cannot locate the keyboard in either usb ports 2.0 and 3.0. Can anyone help in correcting this?

Silencious, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SteelSeries driver update continous attempts/fails

1. SteelSeries driver update continous attempts/fails - Similar Threads - SteelSeries driver update

2. Microsoft store continously fails to download anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store continously fails to download anything: Hi! i've been trying to use the Microsoft store for a few days now but whenever i try to download anything the Microsoft store asks me to elevate it so it can download a host process and a few seconds after the download fails with no explanation whatsoeverI've tried just...
  3. Microsoft store continously fails to download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store continously fails to download anything: Hi! i've been trying to use the Microsoft store for a few days now but whenever i try to download anything the Microsoft store asks me to elevate it so it can download a host process and a few seconds after the download fails with no explanation whatsoeverI've tried just...
  4. Microsoft store continously fails to download anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Steelserie x9

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Steelserie x9: Voila sur xbox le son du bluetooth est genial mais arriver sur pc il y a comme un son de renfermer et de distortion quelqun sais comment regler sa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steelserie-x9/368e8fd4-6327-4821-bc8b-ff85d357961c
  6. Driver updates attempting to install driver daily

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver updates attempting to install driver daily: W10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 I just peeked at W10 update history because Belarc Adviser software indicated a security update was missing. While Im dealing with that I also noticed that Windows has been attempting to update my printer driver on a daily basis. Im glad I ran into...
  7. Failed updates, failed attempts at manual update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed updates, failed attempts at manual update: Hi, I've been unable to download some updates. Manual updates have also not worked. BACKGROUND System - Windows 10 Pro 1909 - 64 bit Additional security program - Malwarebytes FAILED UPDATES 03/01/2020 – KB2267602 version 1.311.368.0 - error...
  8. Failed update attempt

Failed update attempt: my pc has been trying to update to Windows 10 but it never is successful. It screws up the start every time as it has to undo all changes. This last time it has caused an endless loop of trying to start. I can hit delete to get into aptio setup utility but not sure what to do...
  9. Update install attempts failing

Update install attempts failing: Hi, I have recently been unable to successfully install an update: 2018-07 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4338819). The error code comes up as 0x800f0922. For context, the update for 2018-06 cumulative update for windows 10 version...
  10. update version 1511, 10586 fails and continously reloads

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    update version 1511, 10586 fails and continously reloads: my system wanted "to configure a separate update". It downloaded forever, then said the update failed - no explanation. "try again" downloaded what appears to be the whole lot again, taking forever. It failed - no explanation. Now its downloading forever again. Aside...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gs75 steelseries not in device manager