Windows 10: SteelSeries Stratus XL not connecting via bluetooth

Discus and support SteelSeries Stratus XL not connecting via bluetooth in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just bought a SteelSeries Stratus XL for my PC. I have Windows 10. I downdloaded the Engine program, and attempted to connect. Windows detected the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/seatommyboy, Aug 14, 2020.

1. SteelSeries Stratus XL not connecting via bluetooth

I just bought a SteelSeries Stratus XL for my PC. I have Windows 10. I downdloaded the Engine program, and attempted to connect. Windows detected the device and I connected, but it didn't show in my devices list and the lights on the controller stayed blinking like it was still not paired. I waited a few minutes, but to no avail. Per the instructions, I turned the device off then back on. Doing this is suppose to allow the device to be connected as an Xbox controller instead of a generic HID device. Now the controller is not being detected. I updated the firmware, but Windows is still not detecting it. I looked in device manager while scanning for the controller, and it shows up under my list of bluetooth devices. I uninstalled it from device manager, uninstalled the Engine software, rebooted the computer, installed Engine, and tried to connect. Again, it showed up in device manager, but not in the bluetooth wizard. Anyone have any idea as to fix this? I feel I may have turned the device on/off too soon and it didn't finish installed the drivers properly. How can I completely remove the device as if it had never been paired before, without completely reinstalling windows? I think this would allow me to start over again, and get it right. I also was able to successfully pair the device to another windows pc, linux, and android phone, so I'm pretty sure it's not the device.

submitted by /u/seatommyboy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/seatommyboy, Aug 14, 2020
  2. raya2 Win User

SteelSeries Stratus Controller in Windows 10

I have one of these controllers (gamepads):
    SteelSeries Stratus XL not connecting via bluetooth 413ywmn30f5k_t.jpg
    SteelSeries Stratus Bluetooth Gamepad Code:
    Code:
    http://steelseries.com/gaming-controllers/stratus-wireless
    It works without problem with iOs devices but I can't use it in windows 10. It can be paired with windows 10 but it wont work. The windows can find the controller but unfortunately the buttons don't work. It pairs & shows the icon & name of the controller in the "blutooth devices" but it doesn't work.
    SteelSeries Stratus XL not connecting via bluetooth [​IMG]
    Image hosted for free at CtrlV.in
    I know that in the developer's website they said that it only works with ios but this is a bluetooth device and always there is way to pair bluetooth devices with windows. So anybody knows a software, a solution or a trick to make it work in windows?

raya2, Aug 14, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    [Solved] How to get Steelseries Stratos XL working with GTA V

It just needed to show up as "Steelseries something" as this in the Device Manager:

SteelSeries Stratus XL not connecting via bluetooth capture-jpg.jpg

But no.....

@animal007uk
    Yeah I've tried this many times, I also got the controller paired in the BlueSoleil window, but that's it. It just doesn't appear as gamepad in the Device Manager and I can't find it anywhere else in windows besides in the BlueSoleil window.

I have repacked the adapter with the cdrom, I hope I can sell it locally so I will get some money back. Not much since I bought it at 13 Euros anyway. *Oh Well SteelSeries Stratus XL not connecting via bluetooth :eek:hwell:

But that BlueSoleil is shit software!!

P4-630, Aug 14, 2020
  4. SteelSeries Stratus XL not connecting via bluetooth

[Solved] How to get Steelseries Stratos XL working with GTA V

Looks like many people have the same issue and after a few hours of looking online i still can't offer you any info or help.
    Just seems odd how the pad is classed as an xinput device but does not seem to want to show up anywhere in windows hmm.

Just came across this on their website but no idea if it will help and you might have already tried this.
    1) Place the batteries in the battery compartment and turn the controller on.

2) Press the wireless button on top of the controller which will put the controller into pairing mode.

3) Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your device, and the Stratus should then show up in the available devices menu. If the controller does not show up right away, try toggling the Bluetooth connectivity on and off on your device. This varies by device so if you are having trouble accessing the Bluetooth menu, we recommend referring to documentation for the device you're using with the Stratus XL.

Have you also tried looking in devices and printers once the pad seems to be paired?

animal007uk, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

SteelSeries Stratus XL not connecting via bluetooth

1. SteelSeries Stratus XL not connecting via bluetooth - Similar Threads - SteelSeries Stratus connecting

2. Xbox Controller is not connecting via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Controller is not connecting via Bluetooth: Hello,i am currently trying to connect my controller via bluetooth with my windows 10 system but somehow its not shown in the bluetooth "add a device" list. However i did notice that the xbox one controller is shown as paired in the bluetooth other devices section even tho my...
  3. Soundbar is connected via bluetooth but wont work

Soundbar is connected via bluetooth but wont work: I apologise that this seems to have been asked so many times, but I have tried all the suggested solutions and nothing happens. So I have an LG Soundbar model number NB2530A. My Laptop is a HP Omen Gaming Laptop. When I scan for Bluetooth on the laptop, It finds the...
  4. connectivity of a wireless speaker via bluetooth

connectivity of a wireless speaker via bluetooth: I changed to new Dell Inspiron. That device doesn't find and connect the speaker on Bluetooth. the speaker is well connective either to other laptop or my android phone...
  5. Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth: [ATTACH] Hey all! Been having problems with my Xbox one Bluetooth controller as of today. Device manager says it's connected, but the "BLuetooth and other devices" doesn't show it. If i turn the controller on it won't connect, and if i try and add the controller, my PC...
  6. Cant connect laptop via bluetooth

Cant connect laptop via bluetooth: I am playing games using a joystick. My laptop cannot see this joystick connected via Bluetooth. But if I connect this joystick to my phone, it works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-laptop-via-bluetooth/a67f66f5-b9ad-48bd-a14c-d3c11e92e9bf
  7. Connecting my Earphones via Bluetooth

Connecting my Earphones via Bluetooth: I am unable to connect my earphones to my Matebook x pro, I was wondering if it was cause I had already connected them to my own phone, as it wont even appear to the list of devices available for Bluetooth....
  8. Connect audio device via bluetooth

Connect audio device via bluetooth: The device I want to connect is not showing up in search.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-audio-device-via-bluetooth/73de2fcb-3c4a-418f-8d0b-77dd3ee5bdd8
  9. Connecting iPod to computer via Bluetooth

Connecting iPod to computer via Bluetooth: I cannot connect my iPod touch to my computer. The computer says that they are connected (paired), but the iPod always says that the connection was unsuccessful. In DEVICE MANAGER under OTHER DEVICES I am told that I am missing drivers for the following: MAP MAS-iOS,...
  10. SteelSeries Stratus Controller in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SteelSeries Stratus Controller in Windows 10: I have one of these controllers (gamepads): [img] SteelSeries Stratus Bluetooth Gamepad Code: http://steelseries.com/gaming-controllers/stratus-wireless[/quote] It works without problem with iOs devices but I can't use it in windows 10. It can be paired with windows 10 but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steelseries stratus xl not working windows 10

2. bluetooth can not get stratus xl

3. steelseries controller fails to pair with pc