Windows 10: Stepping up protection with intelligent security

Discus and support Stepping up protection with intelligent security in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With digital transformation, technology becomes increasingly central to every business and organization. This makes ensuring cybersecurity increasingly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Stepping up protection with intelligent security

Source: Stepping up protection with intelligent security | Microsoft Secure Blog

:)

Brink, Sep 24, 2017

2. Can’t connect securely to this page. "site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings" "Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults"

If you need protected content then it needs to be encrypted before being transmitted. Now I'm wondering if you have a "man-in-the-middle" scenario that Edge would be protecting you from.

OMG. What protocols are your other browsers allowing?

http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/poodle-more-potent-now-affects-tls/
    (BING search for

TLS Man-in-the-middle poodle

)

<quote>

some transport layer security (TLS) implementations may be vulnerable to a variant of the same POODLE attack

</quote>

Perhaps you should try checking your problem host here

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/

HTH

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Sep 24, 2017
  3. windows over stepping there rights

i would like to say first off i do like the feel of windows 10 but i dislike there actions updates that causes programs to be removed or cause them to stop working they try and claim that it doesn't but to many times its happened for it not to be deliberate
    they must rely think we are stupid they block us from using programs they don't like then play dumb about it for instance p2p programs such as anubis or emule again they claim they don't and they say you have to set it up so it will allow them but there instructions
    don't work then they try and give them more control as well as our hard earned money when we call into support because one of there updates has caused a program to be removed or caused it to stop working they wont help fix the problem unless we pay them it
    makes be leave they perpusly cause the problems just so they can get more money out of us. its funny windows 10 is the only one that has totally blocked us from using free excess p2p programs yet they think we will be leave them when they say there not blocking
    said programs ill say this out right i don't rent my computer from you its 100% mine ill choose what programs ill run on it and people arent as stupid as you may think and one of these days there's going to be a good alternative to always having to use window
    at which point you will see for your selfs.

felearvampear, Sep 24, 2017
Thema:

Stepping up protection with intelligent security

1. Stepping up protection with intelligent security - Similar Threads - Stepping protection intelligent

2. Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...: Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection definition update failed. how do I clear it?? Error code 2147024816...
  3. Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...: Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection definition update failed. how do I clear it?? Error code 2147024816...
  4. Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Security intelligence update problem

Security intelligence update problem: Latest security intelligence update v1.327.295.0 brings the smartscreen problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-problem/62a24135-1be5-4b2e-acd6-2aaa4a5d6d37
  6. Security Intelligence Update Reinstalling

Security Intelligence Update Reinstalling: I've had a problem over the last few weeks where the most recent Security Intelligence update reinstalls itself on every start-up and never officially installs, it's causing problems with other gameplay specifically World of Warcraft in that I cannot open games due to the...
  7. Automatic Security Intelligence Update

Automatic Security Intelligence Update: Whenever I go to Windows Update and click on Check for updates, I get Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender. Some times 2 or 3 updates every day. My question: Can I tell Windows to check for updates automatically maybe twice a day and auto install these security...
  8. Security Intelligence Update

Security Intelligence Update: Every single time I get one of those updates I get the blue screen telling me the system quit working. It then gathers information and restarts which is very frustrating because it always happens when I'm in an online poker tournament. I check the reliability report and it...
  9. Two steps security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Two steps security: How to set up 2 steps security ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-steps-security/cdd5579e-985b-4677-8331-ef6ceb439d1a"
  10. Security Intelligence update (WD)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Intelligence update (WD): Hi folks is this some new system / method that WD does for its updates or is this just the "standard" Virus definition database that WD uses being updated. So long as the system works OK and does its protection job I'm not too bothered but I m curious as to what it actually...