Windows 10: steps before selling my old laptop

Discus and support steps before selling my old laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What steps should I take to delete my Microsoft account from the PC before selling?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MohdJowhar, Mar 31, 2020.

1. steps before selling my old laptop

What steps should I take to delete my Microsoft account from the PC before selling?

:)

MohdJowhar, Mar 31, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Mar 31, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 31, 2020
  4. steps before selling my old laptop

x800 GTO 16 pipe unlock step by step

Ok, there is a gigantic thread going on with this that has been extremely helpful. However, you have to search the entire thread to actually figure out what to do. So, I'm going to list step by step instructions right here for anyone who needs them.

Step 1: Download the attachment
    Step 2: Follow the instructions about checking your fuses
    Step 3: Dump your bios with ATItool (Settings -> Miscellaneous -> dump bios)
    Step 4: Open your current BIOS with RaBit 1.7 or later and go to "Logging" section scroll down and search for:
    Desc: RADEON X800 GTO
    Info: 11X-CC6600SA-004, CC6600SA.004, 01/20/05,14:19:32
    Step 5: If all checks out, simply burn the iso, boot from it, and flash!

Ultra special thanks to dolf for coming up with all this stuff and thanks to everyone else in the forum. This should simplify the process a bit!

x800professor, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

steps before selling my old laptop

1. steps before selling my old laptop - Similar Threads - steps before selling

2. Selling my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Selling my laptop: I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook laptop 6.00 GB Ram 64 bit OP System, which I want to sell. It is a few years old, buthardly used, and is in prestine condition. If I remove everything, I believe it will automatically install the Windows that itcame with when I purchased it...
  3. Selling my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selling my laptop: I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook laptop 6.00 GB Ram 64 bit OP System, which I want to sell. It is a few years old, buthardly used, and is in prestine condition. If I remove everything, I believe it will automatically install the Windows that itcame with when I purchased it...
  4. Selling my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I reset windows 11 to sell my laptop. How do i check it before I sell it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset windows 11 to sell my laptop. How do i check it before I sell it?: I completely wiped my pc for sale on ebay but, how do I check to make sure its all set for sale. I need to give my internet access which is ok but then I need to sign in....huh? any work arounds?...
  6. I reset windows 11 to sell my laptop. How do i check it before I sell it?

I reset windows 11 to sell my laptop. How do i check it before I sell it?: I completely wiped my pc for sale on ebay but, how do I check to make sure its all set for sale. I need to give my internet access which is ok but then I need to sign in....huh? any work arounds?...
  7. Company selling some of their old laptops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Company selling some of their old laptops: The company I work at wants to sell some of their old laptops. Is it legal to sell these old laptops with Windows 10 installed on it? Does the license type matter oem, retail, etc.? Does it matter that we have OLP?Of course the laptop will be factory reset prior to sale so it...
  8. Company selling some of their old laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Company selling some of their old laptops: The company I work at wants to sell some of their old laptops. Is it legal to sell these old laptops with Windows 10 installed on it? Does the license type matter oem, retail, etc.? Does it matter that we have OLP?Of course the laptop will be factory reset prior to sale so it...
  9. Company selling some of their old laptops

10. steps to take before reformat laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    steps to take before reformat laptop: i have win 10 in lenovo laptop. due to its slow system performance, i want to reformat it. Before reformatting, i want to store all my data in external hard drive. how to transfer data and what precautions shall i take?...