Windows 10: Steps Recorder won't open.

Discus and support Steps Recorder won't open. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've installed the 1809 update on my Lenovo desktop and it has been working great except the last week or two the Steps Recorder program is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mkruzel5, Dec 22, 2018.

1. mkruzel5 Win User

Steps Recorder won't open.

I've installed the 1809 update on my Lenovo desktop and it has been working great except the last week or two the Steps Recorder program is not opening. I click the icon and the program. I restart the computer and it won't open. It just will not open.

:)

mkruzel5, Dec 22, 2018
  2. weybrew Win User

Steps Recorder there... but not there

I seemed to have been saved by a link to this fix:
    Please use regedit to rename hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows\AppCompat - changeAppCompat to AppCompat_HOLD . Then try launching PSR again.
    Tried it and now Steps Recorder seems to be working as it should.
    But to follow up on your suggestion, I'm going to try to find and repair the corrupt files that my sfc scan found... after setting a restore point!
    Thanks for your help.

weybrew, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Try3 Win User

Are you trying to use this? - C:\Windows\System32\psr.exe
    [Start menu, Windows accessories, Steps recorder - but often referred to as the Problem steps recorder]

It is supposed to launch a small UI dialog and it should also be shown on the Taskbar but, from your description, this does not happen. Does anything happen at all?

Steps Recorder won't open. [​IMG]

Denis

4. Mooly Win User

I really don't know what to suggest to you.

Even though you can not see it on screen, does it show in task manager ? I wonder if it might be worth you running a system file check using :

sfc/ SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt.

Steps Recorder won't open. [​IMG]

Mooly, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Steps Recorder won't open. - Similar Threads - Steps Recorder won't

2. Steps Recorder Won't Open on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steps Recorder Won't Open on Windows 11: Hello, I'm using Windows 11 and I can't get the Steps Recorder app to open. Nothing seems to happen when opening it. I've tried running as administrator and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it with no luck. The only other threads I could find were years old and didn't...
  3. Steps Recorder Won't Open on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steps Recorder Won't Open on Windows 11: Hello, I'm using Windows 11 and I can't get the Steps Recorder app to open. Nothing seems to happen when opening it. I've tried running as administrator and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it with no luck. The only other threads I could find were years old and didn't...
  4. Steps recorder is missing steps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Steps recorder is missing steps: Hi I'm trying to use Steps Recorder to record steps so that I can turn them into test cases. However, It only records one step and misses all the others. I have tried changing the default save location but this has no effect. FTR I'm evaluating Desktop Step Recorders so...
  5. Steps Recorder error

Steps Recorder error: Hello, when ever I try to start recording on Steps Recorder, It says: "An error occurred while attemping to start recording and the Steps Recorder will now close." I've been searching online for answers but I found none. Can someone please help me? Have a good day....
  6. Problems Steps Recorder

Problems Steps Recorder: Hello --- I used this tool to document a issue, but I can find out how to change the output format or how to view the results. Any info on how to use this would be appreciated...
  7. Steps Recorder

Steps Recorder: HI All, Is there any option in step Recorder where we setup the record option with Mouse right Click or shortcut key or i like would like to know how can i avoid some screens from being getting recorded. Thanks, Vijay...
  8. STEPS RECORDER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STEPS RECORDER: THE STEP RECORDER WORKS FINE MOST OF THE TIME. BUT WHEN I NEED TO SAVE A RECORDING THE MOST IT WILL NOT GIVE ME THAT OPTION AFTER PUSHING STOP RECORDING. IS THE RECORDING CAPTURED SOMEWHERE ESLE ON THE COMPUTER AUTOMATICALLY?...
  9. Steps Recorder there... but not there

Steps Recorder there... but not there: I had been reading about using a screen steps recorder and found that one is built into Windows 10. I found it but despite multiple attempts to use it, launching it does nothing. I found the program files, shortcuts, and .exe files, but using them does not turn on the...
  10. Open and Use Steps Recorder in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Use Steps Recorder in Windows: How to: Open and Use Steps Recorder in Windows How to Open and Use Steps Recorder in Windows post or send this record to a support professional to help them diagnose the problem. Steps Recorder doesnt record text that you type (such as a password), except for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steps recorder wont open

2. steps recorder not opening

3. windows 10 steps recorder wont start

4. steps recorder wont launch,
  5. windows 10 1809 steps recorder wont open