Windows 10: Steps Recorder won't open.

Discus and support Steps Recorder won't open. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've installed the 1809 update on my Lenovo desktop and it has been working great except the last week or two the Steps Recorder program is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mkruzel5, Dec 22, 2018.

1. mkruzel5 Win User

Steps Recorder won't open.

I've installed the 1809 update on my Lenovo desktop and it has been working great except the last week or two the Steps Recorder program is not opening. I click the icon and the program. I restart the computer and it won't open. It just will not open.

:)

mkruzel5, Dec 22, 2018
  2. weybrew Win User

Steps Recorder there... but not there

I seemed to have been saved by a link to this fix:
    Please use regedit to rename hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows\AppCompat - changeAppCompat to AppCompat_HOLD . Then try launching PSR again.
    Tried it and now Steps Recorder seems to be working as it should.
    But to follow up on your suggestion, I'm going to try to find and repair the corrupt files that my sfc scan found... after setting a restore point!
    Thanks for your help.

weybrew, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Try3 Win User

Are you trying to use this? - C:\Windows\System32\psr.exe
    [Start menu, Windows accessories, Steps recorder - but often referred to as the Problem steps recorder]

It is supposed to launch a small UI dialog and it should also be shown on the Taskbar but, from your description, this does not happen. Does anything happen at all?

Steps Recorder won't open. [​IMG]

Denis

4. Mooly Win User

I really don't know what to suggest to you.

Even though you can not see it on screen, does it show in task manager ? I wonder if it might be worth you running a system file check using :

sfc/ SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt.

Steps Recorder won't open. [​IMG]

Mooly, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Steps Recorder won't open. - Similar Threads - Steps Recorder won't

2. Making Word export more functional for Steps Recorder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making Word export more functional for Steps Recorder: Greetings, I am aware that there is no way to edit Steps Recorder other then exporting it to Word. Would it be possible to make the export more accurate? I find that the images are much too large and takes hours to edit. Would there be an update or patch of some kind to...
  3. Skip these steps when opening a Master Document?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Skip these steps when opening a Master Document?: I just created a Master Document in Word 2013, and I like the result. However, I don't like all the extra steps I have to do when I first open up a Master Document. *Eek This is what the document shows when it is first opened up: [img] Then I have to click on VIEW and...
  4. What are the fields output by Steps Recorder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What are the fields output by Steps Recorder?: Hi, I'm using Steps Recorder as a way to log user actions so I can harvest data (programs used, buttons selected, etc.) I'd like to know, are there standard field definitions for Microsoft tools (e.g.: excel, word, …)? Some are obvious, but if there is a file with...
  5. How is the step recorder constructed

How is the step recorder constructed: I need to know how is the step recorder constructed not how it works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-is-the-step-recorder-constructed/82d34904-e6e0-4618-b7cd-778ce330b973
  6. Problem Steps Recorder Windows 10

Problem Steps Recorder Windows 10: Hi Is there a way that I can extract the screenshots from my PSR file into excel? (without individually snipping each) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-steps-recorder-windows-10/b712a900-381e-404e-ab34-1d536e77c1e8
  7. Voice Recorder Failing to Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recorder Failing to Open: I have been having a problem with my voice recorder. I will click on the icon to open the application. For a split second it acts as if will open but it crashes and closes immediately without opening completely. I have already tried resetting the app but that did nothing....
  8. Steps Recorder there... but not there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steps Recorder there... but not there: I had been reading about using a screen steps recorder and found that one is built into Windows 10. I found it but despite multiple attempts to use it, launching it does nothing. I found the program files, shortcuts, and .exe files, but using them does not turn on the...
  9. Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows How to Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows post or send this record to a support professional to help them diagnose the problem. This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Steps Recorder for all...
  10. Open and Use Steps Recorder in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Use Steps Recorder in Windows: How to: Open and Use Steps Recorder in Windows How to Open and Use Steps Recorder in Windows post or send this record to a support professional to help them diagnose the problem. Steps Recorder doesnt record text that you type (such as a password), except for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steps recorder wont open

2. windows 10 steps recorder wont start

3. steps recorder wont launch

4. windows 10 1809 steps recorder wont open