Windows 10: Steps Recorder

Discus and support Steps Recorder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HI All, Is there any option in step Recorder where we setup the record option with Mouse right Click or shortcut key or i like would like to know how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vijay_03, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Vijay_03 Win User

Steps Recorder

HI All,

Is there any option in step Recorder where we setup the record option with Mouse right Click or shortcut key or i like would like to know how can i avoid some screens from being getting recorded.

Thanks,

Vijay

:)

Vijay_03, Jul 17, 2020
  2. weybrew Win User

Steps Recorder there... but not there

I seemed to have been saved by a link to this fix:
    Please use regedit to rename hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows\AppCompat - changeAppCompat to AppCompat_HOLD . Then try launching PSR again.
    Tried it and now Steps Recorder seems to be working as it should.
    But to follow up on your suggestion, I'm going to try to find and repair the corrupt files that my sfc scan found... after setting a restore point!
    Thanks for your help.

weybrew, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Steps Recorder there... but not there

Are you trying to use this? - C:\Windows\System32\psr.exe
    [Start menu, Windows accessories, Steps recorder - but often referred to as the Problem steps recorder]

It is supposed to launch a small UI dialog and it should also be shown on the Taskbar but, from your description, this does not happen. Does anything happen at all?

Steps Recorder [​IMG]

Denis

4. Steps Recorder

Steps Recorder in Windows 10

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest that you provide your feedback on how to improve the resolution using the Steps Recorder by going to the Feedback Hub. Refer to the steps below:

• Go to Search or Cortana.
    • Type Windows Feedback.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Steps Recorder

1. Steps Recorder - Similar Threads - Steps Recorder

2. Authenticity of the output of "Microsoft Problem Steps Recorder"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticity of the output of "Microsoft Problem Steps Recorder": Hello,As part of an ongoing lawsuit, I need to produce certain content available in public domain. However, while producing I need to ensure the authenticity of the content submitted.For that purpose, I am thinking to use "Problem Step Recorder" to generate step by step...
  3. Authenticity of the output of "Microsoft Problem Steps Recorder"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticity of the output of "Microsoft Problem Steps Recorder": Hello,As part of an ongoing lawsuit, I need to produce certain content available in public domain. However, while producing I need to ensure the authenticity of the content submitted.For that purpose, I am thinking to use "Problem Step Recorder" to generate step by step...
  4. How do I use Problem Steps Recorder *.MHTML files in Microsoft Community Forums?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use Problem Steps Recorder *.MHTML files in Microsoft Community Forums?: I spent all this time a few weeks ago using Problem Steps Recorder and couldn't upload it to Microsoft Community Forums. This makes me sad, considering I am tired of using my Hypercam or Bandicam and uploading it to YouTube to show the people trying to help me....
  5. How do I use Problem Steps Recorder *.MHTML files in Microsoft Community Forums?

How do I use Problem Steps Recorder *.MHTML files in Microsoft Community Forums?: I spent all this time a few weeks ago using Problem Steps Recorder and couldn't upload it to Microsoft Community Forums. This makes me sad, considering I am tired of using my Hypercam or Bandicam and uploading it to YouTube to show the people trying to help me....
  6. Steps Recorder App to record my local user account name for Internal Staff to verify my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steps Recorder App to record my local user account name for Internal Staff to verify my...: I also need help for Windows 10 Steps Recorder App to disclose my local user account name for Internal Staff Technical Support. Example is to record data entry information for File System Field User-Name; as-is, this is not visible Screenshot attached.Otherwise, I have to...
  7. Steps Recorder App to record my local user account name for Internal Staff to verify my...

Steps Recorder App to record my local user account name for Internal Staff to verify my...: I also need help for Windows 10 Steps Recorder App to disclose my local user account name for Internal Staff Technical Support. Example is to record data entry information for File System Field User-Name; as-is, this is not visible Screenshot attached.Otherwise, I have to...
  8. Steps Recorder App to record my local user account name for Internal Staff to verify my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. ok I had that weird "Unknown" permission on my steps recorder!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ok I had that weird "Unknown" permission on my steps recorder!!!: Account UnknownS-1-5........... had special permissions on the Steps Recorder! How is that legal and not the sketchiest thing ever?! I'm totally freaked and not to mention highly pissed!!! Then I couldn't even remove it until I disabled inheritance so I said eff it and took...
  10. ok I had that weird "Unknown" permission on my steps recorder!!!

ok I had that weird "Unknown" permission on my steps recorder!!!: Account UnknownS-1-5........... had special permissions on the Steps Recorder! How is that legal and not the sketchiest thing ever?! I'm totally freaked and not to mention highly pissed!!! Then I couldn't even remove it until I disabled inheritance so I said eff it and took...