Windows 10: Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

Discus and support Steps to access desktop home pc remotely? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to remote in to my home desktop pc from a new laptop. For some reason I can remote from pc to laptop with microsoft account login info with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sthsdc, Aug 30, 2022.

1. sthsdc Win User

Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

I am trying to remote in to my home desktop pc from a new laptop. For some reason I can remote from pc to laptop with microsoft account login info with no issue. When I try to do the reverse -- access my desktop from laptop, I get an error message that says 'your credentials did not work'. I have Windows 10 pro on pc and 11 pro on laptop. I am using IP addresses for connection. Would appreciate step by step process for making this work. I've tried everything on Microsoft support site but no luck. I've been through three Microsoft support agents and the issue is still not resolved.

:)

sthsdc, Aug 30, 2022
  2. RuskinF Win User

Remote Access

1. Follow these steps to disallow remote access to your PC completely:
    2. 1. Type “remote settings” into the Cortana search box. Select “Allow remote access to your computer”. This may seem counter-intuitive, but this opens the Control panel
      dialog for Remote System Properties.
    3. 2. Check “Don't Allow Remote Connections” to this Computer. You've now disabled remote access to your computer.

Try these two steps and tell us if your issue gets solved. If it does not then your PC may be infected. Use a Good antivirus to remove the infection from your device completely.

RuskinF, Aug 30, 2022
  3. Remote Desktop Access

Hi Jim,

If you wish to use the Remote Desktop on your Windows 10 PC, you can follow the step-by step guide in this
    article.

Feel free to post back if you still need further assistance.

Michelle Vil, Aug 30, 2022
  4. Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 30, 2022
Thema:

Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

1. Steps to access desktop home pc remotely? - Similar Threads - Steps access desktop

2. Remote desktop - Deny access from pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop - Deny access from pc: I currently use RDP to connect some of my other personal computers.How can I prevent the user from signing in at the actual pc when I am remotely connected?...
  3. Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?: I am trying to remote in to my home desktop pc from a new laptop. For some reason I can remote from pc to laptop with microsoft account login info with no issue. When I try to do the reverse -- access my desktop from laptop, I get an error message that says 'your credentials...
  4. Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?: I am trying to remote in to my home desktop pc from a new laptop. For some reason I can remote from pc to laptop with microsoft account login info with no issue. When I try to do the reverse -- access my desktop from laptop, I get an error message that says 'your credentials...
  5. Remote Access Scam / Next Steps

Remote Access Scam / Next Steps: My computer was scanned remotely by what I now know to be a scam. A pop up window appearing to be Microsoft stated I had an issue and my computer was locked. I called the phone #, they remotely accessed my computer and then I saw my Amazon account flash. I quickly...
  6. remote access to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote access to desktop: Good day, Can you please help me to remotely access my son's desktop, I tried doing the quick assist but ot's not working. are there any other options? Thank you. Joyce...
  7. Remote Desktop Access

Remote Desktop Access: My computer isn't discoverable by other networks. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-access/bf8dd71e-9162-4d54-884a-97dec0fd91c4
  8. No Access to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop and is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...
  9. No Access to Remote Desktop

No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...
  10. Remote access from home desktop to work computer

Remote access from home desktop to work computer: I am trying to use my surface laptop from home to access my work computer. Very occasionally this works properly but, 99% of the time I just get connected to a blank black screen (I can move my mouse cursor around but nothing else). Any ideas how to solve this?...