Windows 10: STEPS TO FOLLOW BEFORE FLASHING BIOS FIRMWARE TO DESKTOPS OR LAPTOPS

Discus and support STEPS TO FOLLOW BEFORE FLASHING BIOS FIRMWARE TO DESKTOPS OR LAPTOPS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Before trying to flash new BIOS firmware, please follow these steps 1. Charge the battery upto 50% of charge and keep connected adapter to slot, If... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RAJU.MSC, Jul 27, 2018.

1. RAJU.MSC Win User

STEPS TO FOLLOW BEFORE FLASHING BIOS FIRMWARE TO DESKTOPS OR LAPTOPS

Before trying to flash new BIOS firmware, please follow these steps
    1. Charge the battery upto 50% of charge and keep connected adapter to slot, If you using a laptop
    2. connect the ups to the power socket and to the desktop
    3. Download the latest BIOS firmware according to the motherboard model with version, If you using desktop and then go official motherboard manufacturer website
    4. if using a laptop, then go to laptop manufacturer website, choose the correct model of laptop , and download latest bios version
    5. And then download the bios utility for flashing BIOS to the motherboard, disable antivirus, close all the running problems /
    6. Open the utility, run as administrator, choose bios file, then proceed as onscreen instructions
    7. after flashing bios firmware completely.
    8. restart the desktop or laptop, once you restarted, then shut down completely.
    9. power on , go to bios --then restore default BIOS settings, save and exit, restart the computer ( its recommended by manufacturer )
    10 , once you booted the windows in normal mode, then shut down the computer, go to bios , here you can do desired settings, save and exit .

Note , In some laptops , BIOS firmware will be downloaded by manually using the device manager from the firmware tab and then updating
    I have received latest bios X542UQ.305 from windows update,, not from Asustek inc

:)

RAJU.MSC, Jul 27, 2018

2. x800 GTO 16 pipe unlock step by step

Ok, there is a gigantic thread going on with this that has been extremely helpful. However, you have to search the entire thread to actually figure out what to do. So, I'm going to list step by step instructions right here for anyone who needs them.

Step 1: Download the attachment
    Step 2: Follow the instructions about checking your fuses
    Step 3: Dump your bios with ATItool (Settings -> Miscellaneous -> dump bios)
    Step 4: Open your current BIOS with RaBit 1.7 or later and go to "Logging" section scroll down and search for:
    Desc: RADEON X800 GTO
    Info: 11X-CC6600SA-004, CC6600SA.004, 01/20/05,14:19:32
    Step 5: If all checks out, simply burn the iso, boot from it, and flash!

Ultra special thanks to dolf for coming up with all this stuff and thanks to everyone else in the forum. This should simplify the process a bit!

x800professor, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Bios firmware upgrade steps

Steps were to find BIOS APP. and perform the firmware update or upgrade.

CarmeloBennett, Jul 27, 2018
  4. STEPS TO FOLLOW BEFORE FLASHING BIOS FIRMWARE TO DESKTOPS OR LAPTOPS

PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

STEPS TO FOLLOW BEFORE FLASHING BIOS FIRMWARE TO DESKTOPS OR LAPTOPS

1. STEPS TO FOLLOW BEFORE FLASHING BIOS FIRMWARE TO DESKTOPS OR LAPTOPS - Similar Threads - STEPS FOLLOW BEFORE

2. HP Bios firmware updaate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Bios firmware updaate: I got a hp bios firmware update to install a couple of days ago and since then have problems getting into my windows 11 I keep seeing; There is a issue with trusted platform module data; press y to reset whole tpmpress n to boot with current tpm datain both of these i can...
  3. HP Bios firmware updaate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Bios firmware updaate: I got a hp bios firmware update to install a couple of days ago and since then have problems getting into my windows 11 I keep seeing; There is a issue with trusted platform module data; press y to reset whole tpmpress n to boot with current tpm datain both of these i can...
  4. Bios flash help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios flash help.: Windows update flashed my bios now it will not boot. The power light comes on and has black screen. Is there anything I can do? Will you replace my computer? Or am I SOL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-flash-help/78a94137-234e-4f55-8841-0fd240dcf5be
  5. Bios flash help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios flash help.: Windows update flashed my bios now it will not boot. The power light comes on and has black screen. Is there anything I can do? Will you replace my computer? Or am I SOL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-flash-help/78a94137-234e-4f55-8841-0fd240dcf5be
  6. Flash BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash BIOS: Asus z390 Plus Gaming with WI FI. I am not going to do a second upgrade but am tempted because I think there are about 20 updates since my desktop was updated about 2 years ago. There are 2 means to do so; one is with the downloaded cap file within the machine and an...
  7. BIOS firmware / security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BIOS firmware / security: How do I access my BIOS firmware to determine if my hardware initialization during the booting process, operating systems and programs are secure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-firmware-security/a5ab6872-7d40-4837-ab57-f9b3df346f7f
  8. steps before selling my old laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    steps before selling my old laptop: What steps should I take to delete my Microsoft account from the PC before selling? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steps-before-selling-my-old-laptop/e47db7ed-9556-4991-994d-59d51c675862
  9. BIOS Flash

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BIOS Flash: The laptop asked about flashing the BIOS as a necessary update. After the update the system looks different missing files on Desktop and icons on task bar and it tells me I am on a temporary account. How do I log in to the right account so I can access files and utilities...
  10. steps to take before reformat laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    steps to take before reformat laptop: i have win 10 in lenovo laptop. due to its slow system performance, i want to reformat it. Before reformatting, i want to store all my data in external hard drive. how to transfer data and what precautions shall i take?...