Windows 10: Stereo and 7.1 surround sound

Discus and support Stereo and 7.1 surround sound in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, So this past week, I have been having issues with windows and its audio problems. Let me start from the beginning. So things started happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EgeDogruyol, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Stereo and 7.1 surround sound

Hello,

So this past week, I have been having issues with windows and its audio problems. Let me start from the beginning. So things started happening like a week ago, when one morning I woke up and spacial sound softwares like DTS Headphone:X and Dolby Atmos were unusable. DTS Headphone X had a scratchy noise coming from it and Dolby Atmos was just not working at all, no audio. And then I re-installed my headset's audio driver, it installed something new it went from 'Logitech G Pro X' to 'PRO X'. The spacial sound softwares were fixed. However, now I can't use the 7.1 speaker configuration the Logitech G Pro X provides the user only Stereo is available now. So like I do not know what is going on I searched up everything tried everything and nothing seems to solve these audio issues. Please reach out to me if you are having the same issues, have solved these issues or have any idea how I can fix this.

:)

EgeDogruyol, Oct 12, 2020

2. 5.1 surround sound

Just upgraded to latest Windows 10. Surround sound is not on audio channel menu. Only "stereo" is listed. Surround sound is also now not working on ONKYO receiver. Windows says I have latest sound driver.

All other help messages talk about realtek. I just have what came with Dell computer.

DwightHarris10, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Surround sound (VIA Audio HD)

Hi Ashish,

I was able to use 5.1 surround output, Microphone, Line IN and Stereo Mix on Windows 7. But now on Windows 10, I'm able to record sound when Windows automatically install recommended drivers, but then I can only get stereo output from my speakers and 5.1
    surround sound is not working.

After I installed recommended drivers from VIA website, I got 5.1 surround output but then Microphone, Line IN and Stereo Mix are missing from installed device list, and troubleshooter list these devices as not installed and not working.

But if I roll back to Windows 10 recommended drivers, then all of these devices working as they should except my speakers.

Almir Šahbaz, Oct 12, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Stereo and 7.1 surround sound

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Stereo and 7.1 surround sound :p

cadaveca, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Stereo and 7.1 surround sound

1. Stereo and 7.1 surround sound - Similar Threads - Stereo surround sound

2. Surround sound configure only has stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surround sound configure only has stereo: im trying too set up surround sound, my 3 jacks are hooked up to a aux splitter and put into mu green port. when i try and configure my speakers only setero comes up and not 5.1. not sure how to fix this....
  3. Surround sound configure only has stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surround sound configure only has stereo: im trying too set up surround sound, my 3 jacks are hooked up to a aux splitter and put into mu green port. when i try and configure my speakers only setero comes up and not 5.1. not sure how to fix this....
  4. there is not 7.1 surround sound in my computer its only stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is not 7.1 surround sound in my computer its only stereo: there is not 7.1 surround sound in my computer its only stereo why ? http://get1.imglarger.com:8889/results/7z3JaqZw_2x.jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-not-71-surround-sound-in-my-computer-its/4fd81377-6ca9-4d1c-bcc9-d808cb5584f2
  5. there is not 7.1 surround sound in my computer its only stereo

there is not 7.1 surround sound in my computer its only stereo: there is not 7.1 surround sound in my computer its only stereo why ? http://get1.imglarger.com:8889/results/7z3JaqZw_2x.jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-not-71-surround-sound-in-my-computer-its/4fd81377-6ca9-4d1c-bcc9-d808cb5584f2
  6. Virtual Surround on 2.1 Stereo Speakers

Virtual Surround on 2.1 Stereo Speakers: In my Realtek HD Audio Manager there is an option for Virtual Surround. I have 2.1 Stereo Speakers on my system. Do I enable it or keep it disabled? Which should be better sounding?...
  7. Razer kraken 7.1 surround sound and stereo sound not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Razer kraken 7.1 surround sound and stereo sound not working.: hello! Recently i was gifted with a razer kraken TE headset. however upon using it, i realized that the surround sound didnt work. For example, if someone is walking next to me in a game, i wouldn't be able to recognize which side he is coming from. I messaged razer for...
  8. 5.1 surround sound intermittently switching to stereo and back.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5.1 surround sound intermittently switching to stereo and back.: Hi, Hope you guys can help as I couldn't find anything helpful on the web. My issue is that while playing any audio in surround sound it will randomly switch to 2 speaker stereo and back. My setup is as follows: Windows 10 Home intel i5 processor Nvidia GTX1070 gpu outputs...
  9. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  10. Surround sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....