Windows 10: Stereo Audio Bleeding

Discus and support Stereo Audio Bleeding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I'm having an issue with audio bleeding in stereo channels. If I pan audio 100% left I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 123dxzhz, Jan 24, 2016.

1. 123dxzhz Win User

Stereo Audio Bleeding

Hi,
    I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I'm having an issue with audio bleeding in stereo channels. If I pan audio 100% left I can hear it in the right channel at about 20% and vice versa, even though levels are showing 0% for that channel. I'm not using any special equipment, just headphones plugged into my PC. I'm using Realtek drivers.

Things I've tried:

• Installing latest drivers
    • Installing old drivers
    • Using basic Windows drivers
    • Disabling on-board audio and connecting a separate sound card
    • Disabling all audio enhancements
    • Clean install of Windows 10

I've also tried plugging my headphones into a different PC running Windows 7 with no issue. I don't know what else to try to fix it. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

:)

123dxzhz, Jan 24, 2016
  2. tickyul Win User

Audio-driver memory & cpu leak (audiodg.exe), Windows 10, REAL fix available???????

OK, I will admit.........it SEEMS like I am confusing people!

My computer does not have "audio enhancements" available in the audio-driver setting section. I USED to have that option with W8.1........it is GONE with the upgrade to W10.

My sound is CURRENTLY fine. I previously would disable the audio-enhancements with W8.1 in order to stop the stupid audiodg.exe memory-bleed/CPU-bleed..........but that "solution" would knock-down my audio to where I could barely hear it.

SO, now I want to stop the CURRENT audiodg.exe memory-bleed/cpu-bleed that happens when I am playing a video. I don't have the audio-enhancements and I don't want to install them, just to shut them down......I don't want to consider this as an option
    to "fix" the problems with audiodg.exe.

Is this really the best Microsoft can come up with?????????????

tickyul, Jan 24, 2016
  3. clonmult Win User
    N95 8GB How do you record off your stereo?

that jack has :

stereo audio out

video out

mono audio in (for voice)

It doesn't support stereo audio recording.

clonmult, Jan 24, 2016
  4. Keanoo Win User

Stereo Audio Bleeding

Hi there!
    I have the same problem and can't solve it.
    Did you solve this problem?
    Is it the same thing in windows 7?
    Thanks

Keanoo, Mar 17, 2016
  5. 123dxzhz Win User
    Sorry to say I still haven't solved it. My best guess is it's some sort of virtual surround. The problem only presented itself for me in Windows 10.

123dxzhz, Mar 29, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    Are you using "analog" headset or a USB headset? If its USB, that does not use the PC's sound card. If Analog (TRS connector) and you are using the front panel headset jack, try the rear GREEN speaker jack and see if the same problem.

I have Realtek on Win 10 and not having that problem. I have a recording studio and "tuned" to audio issues. If it were there I would know about it.

fireberd, Mar 29, 2016
  7. 123dxzhz Win User
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm using standard 3.5mm analog headphones. They're plugged into the green jack in the back. I've tried multiple jacks, including the front panel and even a separate sound card. I'm sure it must be a rare bug as I've searched all over and can't find many people with the same issue, let alone a solution. I believe it to be a software problem rather than hardware since it only presented itself once I installed Windows 10. Unless for some reason Windows 10 doesn't like my motherboard. I might have to look into that.

123dxzhz, Mar 30, 2016
  8. fireberd Win User

Stereo Audio Bleeding

Out of curiosity. Is there any way you can test the HDMI Audio? That audio is generated by the video card, not the PC sound card.
    That will (or should) rule out the motherboard.

fireberd, Mar 30, 2016
  9. 123dxzhz Win User
    Just finished testing HDMI audio. The problem is still there but very slight.

123dxzhz, Mar 30, 2016
  10. fireberd Win User
    That (sort of) goes back to either the motherboard or Win 10. Since Win 10 has been reinstalled, that leaves the motherboard.

For testing, disconnect the front panel audio from the motherboard (connector should be marked HD Audio but may be the older AC97 audio). On most boards the audio connection is on the lower left of the motherboard. Then try the headset into the rear speaker jack.

fireberd, Mar 30, 2016
  11. 123dxzhz Win User
    Disconnecting the front panel audio didn't seem to affect anything. I did, however, find out that I had a faulty headphone extension connected to the back panel that was amplifying the issue. I'm not sure how that was affecting the front panel. But the problem persists, just less so now that the extension is gone.

123dxzhz, Mar 31, 2016
  12. fireberd Win User
    One thing I missed asking, you do have speakers set for "stereo"?

Do you have "computer speakers" connected or can be connected to the PC? and if you do, do these also have the bleedover?

Another thought, if you have the Headphones connected (and Left/Right set to center) and run the speaker test, do you get any "bleedover" in the Left/Right?

Stereo Audio Bleeding [​IMG]

fireberd, Mar 31, 2016
  13. 123dxzhz Win User

Stereo Audio Bleeding

Yeah it's set to stereo.

I don't have any speakers to test at the moment, but I've tried multiple sets of headphones and they all have the same problem.

I'm not sure how to set Left/Right to center, but I've run the test shown in your image and got the bleed over. I've also run the test in Speaker Properties>Advanced tab, Realtek Speaker Configuration, and my own tests in various audio editors all with the same results.

123dxzhz, Apr 1, 2016
  14. Fafhrd Win User
    Is/are the audio jack socket(s) worn out or made with poor manufacturing tolerances? Does the bleed disappear intermittently if some sideways (upwards, downwards) pressure is put on the plastic boot of the jack plug?

Fafhrd, Apr 1, 2016
  15. 123dxzhz Win User
    The audio jacks are in good shape and of good quality. No change when I apply pressure in any direction.

123dxzhz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Stereo Audio Bleeding

1. Stereo Audio Bleeding - Similar Threads - Stereo Audio Bleeding

2. Audio drivers stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio drivers stereo: Please Microsoft RELEASE A NEW UPDATE FOR THE SOUND PROBLEM IT'S BEEN 3 MONTHES TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO SOMTHING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-drivers-stereo/b07bf374-9541-4496-9875-c31bcb9d03ba
  3. Audio drivers stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio drivers stereo: Please Microsoft RELEASE A NEW UPDATE FOR THE SOUND PROBLEM IT'S BEEN 3 MONTHES TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO SOMTHING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-drivers-stereo/b07bf374-9541-4496-9875-c31bcb9d03ba
  4. Audio drivers stereo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Desktop 'bleeds' into apps

Desktop 'bleeds' into apps: It doesn't show when i take a screenshot . But like half the icons bleed into the screen when i use apps , even when gaming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-bleeds-into-apps/aa4bdf05-d4c4-47b0-a91f-aa6bde8e3318
  6. Backlight Bleed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backlight Bleed: I wanted to ask if the problem of Backlight Bleed could be caused by misuse or pressure on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backlight-bleed/5243bde9-b694-4830-b4cf-8b57a32fbc5c
  7. Backlight Bleed

Backlight Bleed: I wanted to ask if the problem of Backlight Bleed could be caused by misuse or pressure on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backlight-bleed/5243bde9-b694-4830-b4cf-8b57a32fbc5c
  8. Backlight Bleed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Computer audio bleeding through headset microphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer audio bleeding through headset microphone?: I bought the PC38X headset a week ago. For some reason when I'm on discord, my friends can hear everything on my computer. I've been to at least 10 different forums and I can't find the solution for this problem. I've seen it has something to do with sound settings but I...
  10. Stereo Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Audio: I can't seem to get stereo audio to output from my PC. I have tried everything I've seen on the internet and to no avail. I've uninstalled every other audio driver and am using the provided driver from windows. I've reinstalled even that. I've reset the settings, run the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is audio bleed present in usb headsets

2. beats studio sound card bleed from left and right channels

3. realtek audio bleed