Windows 10: Stereo channels got swapped

Discus and support Stereo channels got swapped in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I woke up today (did not turn off PC) to see that stereo channels are swapped. Left speaker plays right sound and right speaker plays left sound. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Barafu, Dec 10, 2019.

1. /u/Barafu Win User

Stereo channels got swapped

I woke up today (did not turn off PC) to see that stereo channels are swapped. Left speaker plays right sound and right speaker plays left sound. How can it be?

Nobody could install or touch anything, and I am sure it was fine yesterday evening. I did try rebooting - no effect. My audio card is Bifrost 2, it has no software control panels or settings. The sound is reversed when trying from Sound Control Panel.

Yes, I can always just swap cables and solve this, but I want to know what happened?

submitted by /u/Barafu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Barafu, Dec 10, 2019
  2. JtheLyn Win User

How to swap left and right audio channels

My headset swaps the left and right audio channels. I used Equalizer APO previously but I had to reinstall Realtek due to some issues. When I tried doing the same fix again after reinstalling, it no longer works. Are there any other ways to swap the channels?
    Why doesn't windows have a built in setting for this? or is there any way to do it through Realtek? Using mono isn't an option for me since I work with sound a lot and need stereo.

JtheLyn, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Only stereo channel available in Speaker setup

Hi, I've updated to windows 10 1803 version. I'm using a dell inspiron 5558 laptop with the latest updated realtek audio driver. I'm unable to find any audio channels other than stereo when going through the following steps. Sound-> Playback-> configure.

The quadraphonic, 5.1 and 7.1 channels aren't available in it. Also using the pre-installed dell audio manager, going through the following steps( Dell Audio-> Speaker/Headphone-> Speaker Setup) only stereo is set by default and there is no other channel
    configuration available. I've a 4.1 channel system with a 3.5 mm jack but on connecting that too the channel options aren't displayed.

The bios and all drivers are updated to the latest version.

Can anyone help me figure out what is the cause of the problem?

Shatrujeet Rathore, Dec 10, 2019
  4. nican2 Win User

My stereo channels are being mixed

Hello,

I first noticed this issue when playing binaural beats in my headphones.

The stereo channels are somewhat mixed together, I also tested the soundcard thorugh windows

stereo sound test and even there the left and right sounds are being mixed, when I play the left

channel I can hear 100% of it in the left hear and 70% in the right hear,

the reverse happens for the right sound.

I also checked the following.

1 - The file I am trying to play has indeed stereo channels (I can hear both channels separately in my smartphone)

2 - My headphones do work for stereo sounds (I can hear both channels separately in my smartphone)

2 - I have no special audio effect activated

No sure what else I should check

Thanks,

Nic

SPECS

------------------------------------------------------------------

Laptop HP Pavilion

------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10

Realtek High Definition Audio - Driver 6.0.1.7548 - date: 30/06/2015

BeatsAudio controls (I played around with all the settings there, but nothing seems to solve the issue)

nican2, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Stereo channels got swapped - Similar Threads - Stereo channels got

2. Subwoofer channel not available - Speaker Setup shows only "Stereo" under Audio channels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subwoofer channel not available - Speaker Setup shows only "Stereo" under Audio channels: I just noticed that my subwoofer is not producing any sound at all. I've gone to Sound in Control Panel, then to Configure my speakers Altec Lansing. There, under Audio Channels, I see only "Stereo." I can click the icon for L and R and get a test sound, but clicking on the...
  3. Subwoofer channel not available - Speaker Setup shows only "Stereo" under Audio channels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subwoofer channel not available - Speaker Setup shows only "Stereo" under Audio channels: I just noticed that my subwoofer is not producing any sound at all. I've gone to Sound in Control Panel, then to Configure my speakers Altec Lansing. There, under Audio Channels, I see only "Stereo." I can click the icon for L and R and get a test sound, but clicking on the...
  4. Any way to swap Audio Channels.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to swap Audio Channels.: i have a weird headset i spent a fortune on, this specific model has a weird defect that has audio channels switched, i want to switch them back through windows 10 settings, and if it doesn't work then i could resort to a 3rd party program that you could recommend submitted...
  5. Audio channel swapping help

Audio channel swapping help: Hello Reddit, I come seeking some assistance with the audio channels of my headset. I have recently purchased a new headset that on my phone has the correct audio channel input, but suddenly when I plug my headset into my PC, the audio channels left and rights get mixed up....
  6. Why the left and right channels swapped as if by default?

Why the left and right channels swapped as if by default?: I had this issue with many PCs I had and again with my brand new one. How do I know? I play sound tests and I noticed it listening to music and when playing video games. This is not the case using BT, then it is something with gigabyte motherboards or windows. I checked...
  7. Stereo channels reverse on their own?

Stereo channels reverse on their own?: I've never faced this issue before. After upgrading to Windows 10, I'll be plugging away at a game and notice sounds are coming from the opposite side from where they should be. I'll close the game and go into audio settings to test the channels and sure enough, the channels...
  8. How to swap left and right audio channels

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to swap left and right audio channels: My headset swaps the left and right audio channels. I used Equalizer APO previously but I had to reinstall Realtek due to some issues. When I tried doing the same fix again after reinstalling, it no longer works. Are there any other ways to swap the channels? Why doesn't...
  9. [Audio] Stereo left and right channels switched ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Audio] Stereo left and right channels switched ?: What I hear from my left headphone I hear from the right one and vice-versa. This only happens from the audio of the Realtek sound card integrated into my motherboard. The issue is NOT present when I switch audio to the TV I have connected trough HDMI to my NVIDIA video card....
  10. Only stereo channel available in Speaker setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only stereo channel available in Speaker setup: Hi, I've updated to windows 10 1803 version. I'm using a dell inspiron 5558 laptop with the latest updated realtek audio driver. I'm unable to find any audio channels other than stereo when going through the following steps. Sound-> Playback-> configure. The quadraphonic,...