Windows 10: Stereo channels reverse on their own?

Discus and support Stereo channels reverse on their own? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've never faced this issue before. After upgrading to Windows 10, I'll be plugging away at a game and notice sounds are coming from the opposite side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yeetMuhChode, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Stereo channels reverse on their own?

I've never faced this issue before. After upgrading to Windows 10, I'll be plugging away at a game and notice sounds are coming from the opposite side from where they should be. I'll close the game and go into audio settings to test the channels and sure enough, the channels are reversed. Internet searches have turned up nothing so far. Windows 10 doesn't seem to have an option to reverse channels so I can't just click a button to fix this. Restarting the computer will fix it though.

I'm running a Sound Blaster Z with Creative's drivers.

When I upgraded to Windows 10 I also upgraded to a Ryzen 3700x and a MSI Gaming Edge Wifi x570.

Any ideas what could be going on?

submitted by /u/yeetMuhChode
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yeetMuhChode, Jan 25, 2020
  2. nican2 Win User

My stereo channels are being mixed

Hello,

I first noticed this issue when playing binaural beats in my headphones.

The stereo channels are somewhat mixed together, I also tested the soundcard thorugh windows

stereo sound test and even there the left and right sounds are being mixed, when I play the left

channel I can hear 100% of it in the left hear and 70% in the right hear,

the reverse happens for the right sound.

I also checked the following.

1 - The file I am trying to play has indeed stereo channels (I can hear both channels separately in my smartphone)

2 - My headphones do work for stereo sounds (I can hear both channels separately in my smartphone)

2 - I have no special audio effect activated

No sure what else I should check

Thanks,

Nic

SPECS

------------------------------------------------------------------

Laptop HP Pavilion

------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10

Realtek High Definition Audio - Driver 6.0.1.7548 - date: 30/06/2015

BeatsAudio controls (I played around with all the settings there, but nothing seems to solve the issue)

nican2, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Only stereo channel available in Speaker setup

Hi, I've updated to windows 10 1803 version. I'm using a dell inspiron 5558 laptop with the latest updated realtek audio driver. I'm unable to find any audio channels other than stereo when going through the following steps. Sound-> Playback-> configure.

The quadraphonic, 5.1 and 7.1 channels aren't available in it. Also using the pre-installed dell audio manager, going through the following steps( Dell Audio-> Speaker/Headphone-> Speaker Setup) only stereo is set by default and there is no other channel
    configuration available. I've a 4.1 channel system with a 3.5 mm jack but on connecting that too the channel options aren't displayed.

The bios and all drivers are updated to the latest version.

Can anyone help me figure out what is the cause of the problem?

Shatrujeet Rathore, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Zuon Win User

Stereo channels reverse on their own?

What free application can reverse Stereo Audio Channels in Windows?

So, I have a computer. Ever since I bought it, I've had EMI from the front panel audio port, because the connection to the motherboard is directly between the power supply and my video card. After installing a GTX 970, this interference became unbearable.
    I tried shielding my cable, to no avail. The rear audio jack has no static, but is very fiddly, and only works with both speakers if the audio jack is unplugged slightly, and even so, there's some missing sounds when watching movies or playing video games.
    So, I bought a cheap USB to Stereo adapter, but now the Left and Right audio channels are reversed. I cannot simply swap speakers, since the headphones I'm using (Sennheiser HD 558) have slanted speakers designed to project the sound directly into your ear
    canals. Turning the headphones around would direct the audio to bounce off the back of my ears.

All I need is a free program - an audio mixer, if you will - that overrides the default Windows Audio Service, reverses which channel comes out of which speaker, and allows me to play my games, watch my movies, and listen to my music as intended. Is anyone
    able to recommend such a software?

Thema:

Stereo channels reverse on their own?

1. Stereo channels reverse on their own? - Similar Threads - Stereo channels reverse

2. Subwoofer channel not available - Speaker Setup shows only "Stereo" under Audio channels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subwoofer channel not available - Speaker Setup shows only "Stereo" under Audio channels: I just noticed that my subwoofer is not producing any sound at all. I've gone to Sound in Control Panel, then to Configure my speakers Altec Lansing. There, under Audio Channels, I see only "Stereo." I can click the icon for L and R and get a test sound, but clicking on the...
  3. Subwoofer channel not available - Speaker Setup shows only "Stereo" under Audio channels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subwoofer channel not available - Speaker Setup shows only "Stereo" under Audio channels: I just noticed that my subwoofer is not producing any sound at all. I've gone to Sound in Control Panel, then to Configure my speakers Altec Lansing. There, under Audio Channels, I see only "Stereo." I can click the icon for L and R and get a test sound, but clicking on the...
  4. Outputting stereo content on a 5.1 multi-channel audio system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outputting stereo content on a 5.1 multi-channel audio system: Hello! I already wrote in support of the motherboard manufacturer ASUS about this problem, I was advised to write to Microsoft support. I will duplicate here my question and answer from ASUS support."Hello! I'm having trouble setting up 5.1 multi-channel audio correctly on a...
  5. Outputting stereo content on a 5.1 multi-channel audio system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outputting stereo content on a 5.1 multi-channel audio system: Hello! I already wrote in support of the motherboard manufacturer ASUS about this problem, I was advised to write to Microsoft support. I will duplicate here my question and answer from ASUS support."Hello! I'm having trouble setting up 5.1 multi-channel audio correctly on a...
  6. No stereo

in Windows 10 Customization
    No stereo: I posed a question a couple of hours ago about not getting stereo on playback from Audacity or Niche and from my music on my youtube channel but I have stereo on my 24 track tascam recorder playback but can't see a reply yet....
  7. Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 Audio Stereo Reversed/Opposite Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 Audio Stereo Reversed/Opposite Issue: After a few minutes to half an hour of using my Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 on Windows 10 the audio will reverse, so that left audio will be heard via the right headphone and vice versa. This bug has been present for the last 2 years and I've used different computers and...
  8. Stereo channels got swapped

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stereo channels got swapped: I woke up today (did not turn off PC) to see that stereo channels are swapped. Left speaker plays right sound and right speaker plays left sound. How can it be? Nobody could install or touch anything, and I am sure it was fine yesterday evening. I did try rebooting - no...
  9. [Audio] Stereo left and right channels switched ?

[Audio] Stereo left and right channels switched ?: What I hear from my left headphone I hear from the right one and vice-versa. This only happens from the audio of the Realtek sound card integrated into my motherboard. The issue is NOT present when I switch audio to the TV I have connected trough HDMI to my NVIDIA video card....
  10. Only stereo channel available in Speaker setup

Only stereo channel available in Speaker setup: Hi, I've updated to windows 10 1803 version. I'm using a dell inspiron 5558 laptop with the latest updated realtek audio driver. I'm unable to find any audio channels other than stereo when going through the following steps. Sound-> Playback-> configure. The quadraphonic,...