Windows 10: Stereo cuts itself from playback devices when I start a game

Discus and support Stereo cuts itself from playback devices when I start a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone, As seen in the subject, everytime I launch a game my stereo bluetooth, e7 cowin headphones cuts itself off and I mean by as in not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KaiBritton, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Stereo cuts itself from playback devices when I start a game

Hello everyone, As seen in the subject, everytime I launch a game my stereo bluetooth, e7 cowin headphones cuts itself off and I mean by as in not whenever bluetooth disconnects, it cuts itself and then goes to my free-hands AG audio which is poor mono sound. It's happened in games for some reason, and I've updated my pc and other drivers possible to this, and in control panel service properties. Does anybody know this?For your extra information, it cuts my E7 Stereo playback output and then when I close the game E7 Stereo comes back. I'm using a mic not from my headphones, as its a desktop

:)

KaiBritton, Oct 21, 2021
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Headphones not recognized in playback devices

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Which build is currently installed in your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start icon and select
      Device Manager
    • Expand sound, video and game controllers.
    • Right click on the drive and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 21, 2021
  4. spriggs Win User

Stereo cuts itself from playback devices when I start a game

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Stereo cuts itself from playback devices when I start a game

1. Stereo cuts itself from playback devices when I start a game - Similar Threads - Stereo cuts itself

2. Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game: Hello thereI have experienced that when I enter a game e.g. Counter-strike the sound change from stereo to mono. I am aware of all the typical fixes such as setting sound from mono to stereo in audio settings. It isnt working. I was wondering if I can force audio to play as...
  3. Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game: Hello thereI have experienced that when I enter a game e.g. Counter-strike the sound change from stereo to mono. I am aware of all the typical fixes such as setting sound from mono to stereo in audio settings. It isnt working. I was wondering if I can force audio to play as...
  4. Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Stereo cuts itself from playback devices when I start a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo cuts itself from playback devices when I start a game: Hello everyone, As seen in the subject, everytime I launch a game my stereo bluetooth, e7 cowin headphones cuts itself off and I mean by as in not whenever bluetooth disconnects, it cuts itself and then goes to my free-hands AG audio which is poor mono sound. It's happened in...
  6. Stereo cuts itself from playback devices when I start a game

Stereo cuts itself from playback devices when I start a game: Hello everyone, As seen in the subject, everytime I launch a game my stereo bluetooth, e7 cowin headphones cuts itself off and I mean by as in not whenever bluetooth disconnects, it cuts itself and then goes to my free-hands AG audio which is poor mono sound. It's happened in...
  7. how do i change sound from stereo to mono playback

how do i change sound from stereo to mono playback: How do I change sound from stereo to mono playback. I am deaf in one ear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-sound-from-stereo-to-mono-playback/a6b5361c-a754-4f04-a94e-8e15ca128d80
  8. Audio playback seems to be cutting in half once it starts

Audio playback seems to be cutting in half once it starts: My audio when I turn my computer on is set to 100 percent and when I do the test tone it appears to be working fine and I can tell that it is at full volume because it is louder than I would normally want it. But after a few moments, or when I start playing a video or...
  9. Listen to This Device is not switching when I change the Playback device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Listen to This Device is not switching when I change the Playback device: I use Line In to play audio through my PC speakers. I have the option selected to playback through Default Playback Device. Since the most recent Windows build update when I switch the sound output from Speakers to Headphones, the Line In continues to play through Speakers. I...
  10. Windows 10 cuts off the sound device when there is no playback ATM

Windows 10 cuts off the sound device when there is no playback ATM: Hey, I've been having this issue for long time now but I didn't mention until now because that's not a big problem in my PC as my USB Sound card will open itself up when there is a sound to play back immediately. But in my notebook's internal sound device, it won't. Any fix...