Windows 10: Stereo Mix/Bluetooth Output

Discus and support Stereo Mix/Bluetooth Output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to sound devices on Windows. Basically, I'm trying to play music via Spotify and play Visuals via Plane9 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Regarno, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Regarno Win User

Stereo Mix/Bluetooth Output

I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to sound devices on Windows.
    Basically, I'm trying to play music via Spotify and play Visuals via Plane9 or Winamp. My understanding is I have to use Line input using stereo mix, however no recording is happening on stereo mix. My output is to a set of bluetooth speakers.
    How do I achieve what I'm trying to achieve? TIA

:)

Regarno, Feb 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 Stereo Mix

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try the following steps to enable the stereo mix and check if that help.

a) Right click on the audio icon in your system tray and select “Recording Devices” to open the Recording device settings in the “Sound” window.

b) In the pane, right-click on a blank area, and make sure both “View Disabled Devices” and “View Disconnected Devices” options are checked. You should be able to see the “Stereo Mix” option appearing.

c) Right-click on “Stereo Mix” and click “Enable” to be able to use it.

This should enable the “Stereo Mix” on Windows

Method 2:

If the issue persists then I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the sounds card driver and check if it helps.

• Right Click on Start, Select Device Manager.

• Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall.

• Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Stereo mix showing but not showing audio

A potential solution for those who use digital outputs to a separate sound system for your sounds (rather than speakers or headphones), and have tried all the normal suggestions when Stereo Mix shows up on the recording tab, but shows no audio, and programs
    such as Audacity won't record a signal.

I use digital optical out from my sound card (Realtek High Definition Audio) to my sound system. There are therefore no speakers connected, and no speakers show in the sound settings. And no audio showing in Stereo Mix.

However, connecting headphones instantly solves the problem - stereo mix shows audio, programs like Audacity can record again (plugging headphones in the headphones jack makes no difference to the digital optical output signal = does not mute it).

I would be really interested to know why Stereo Mix will not show audio if there are no speakers or headphones connected.

kafkaschimp, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Stereo Mix/Bluetooth Output

Stereo Mix

How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound card does not of itself support stereo mix.

Any suggestions please?

JohnCooling1, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Stereo Mix/Bluetooth Output

1. Stereo Mix/Bluetooth Output - Similar Threads - Stereo Mix Bluetooth

2. Stereo Mix only works when output device is speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo Mix only works when output device is speakers.: Ok so I have a headset not a usb one and when I use stereo mix with the output device as my headphones, it just doesn't play out audio. I want to use stereo mix to play my computer audio out of my mic. If there is an alternative that works better for that I'm all ears....
  3. Stereo Mix only works when output device is speakers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix only works when output device is speakers.: Ok so I have a headset not a usb one and when I use stereo mix with the output device as my headphones, it just doesn't play out audio. I want to use stereo mix to play my computer audio out of my mic. If there is an alternative that works better for that I'm all ears....
  4. No Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Stereo Mix: [ATTACH] I try to use my two HDMI monitors as one audio output.So i read, that you can use the stereo mix to duplicate your output to another device.Big problem is, that there is no stereo mix for me - it's not hidden, updating my audio drivers won't fix and i'm really...
  5. Bluetooth headphones and stereo mix

Bluetooth headphones and stereo mix: Can't get it to work no matter what I try. Stereo mix is enabled as the default device, listen to this device is turned on and the bluetooth headphones are picked. No sound is being picked up. Stereo mix works perfectly for wired headphones. submitted by /u/goodnightgotham...
  6. Stereo Mix

Stereo Mix: Why has Stereo Mix been removed as a recording option from Windows 10? This was a very useful feature in previous Windows versions and one that I very much depended upon for the successful completion of my collegiate studies. What do you suggest as a way to enable it again?...
  7. Stereo Mix showing up, but not outputting any sound?

Stereo Mix showing up, but not outputting any sound?: I got Stereo Mix in the sound settings to show up after many tries and finally figured out that I needed to install new audio drivers for my sound card, and it was working for a day. I had it so it was listening through my speakers so my speakers could act as a microphone...
  8. Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereo Mix: Hi. I have a dell computer. When I try to record audio output using, say, audacity, using stereo mix, it records an overly loud background noise, which isn't present or at least must be greatly exaggerated in the original. I have the same issue if I instead use Microsoft...
  9. "Reaktek" Stereo Mix (No Output) Workaround!

"Reaktek" Stereo Mix (No Output) Workaround!: I could make this post a long one. But I'll keep it short and simple. If you are running a newer version of Realtek drivers on windows 10, chances are that your Stereo Mix is available and enabled but does not work. Seems Realtek has blocked Stereo Mix on there latest...
  10. Stereo Mix

Stereo Mix: How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound card does not of itself support stereo mix. Any suggestions please?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio output as audio input stereo mix bluetooth speaker