Windows 10: Stereo Mix does not have any audio

Discus and support Stereo Mix does not have any audio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to have audio simultaenously come out of my speakers as my headset. I've done this before, but I built a new PC a while ago and now when I set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GenderJuicy, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Stereo Mix does not have any audio

I want to have audio simultaenously come out of my speakers as my headset. I've done this before, but I built a new PC a while ago and now when I set it up it doesn't seem to work.

To clarify, I have my speakers set as my default playback device.

I have Stereo Mix enabled, it shows as ready. In its settings I have Listen to this device enabled, playing back through my headphones.

In Levels, I have stereo mix at 100%.

My headphones work properly, and Sound Mix doesn't emit sound to any device anyway.

Any audio that plays does not reflect in the volume bar next to the Stereo Mix device in sound settings.

In Volume Mixer, Stereo Mix is at 100% volume.

I've used Windows Update to get Realtek drivers. I've already tried reinstalling Realtek drivers with the latest version directly from Realtek. Everything else audio related is in working order, it's just Stereo Mix that is not acting properly.

In case it's relevant, I am on the latest version of Windows 10.

I have tried Googling this, looking at what others have to say on Reddit and this subreddit in particular, and have yet to find a solution.

submitted by /u/GenderJuicy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GenderJuicy, Jan 6, 2021

2. Stereo mix showing but not showing audio

A potential solution for those who use digital outputs to a separate sound system for your sounds (rather than speakers or headphones), and have tried all the normal suggestions when Stereo Mix shows up on the recording tab, but shows no audio, and programs
    such as Audacity won't record a signal.

I use digital optical out from my sound card (Realtek High Definition Audio) to my sound system. There are therefore no speakers connected, and no speakers show in the sound settings. And no audio showing in Stereo Mix.

However, connecting headphones instantly solves the problem - stereo mix shows audio, programs like Audacity can record again (plugging headphones in the headphones jack makes no difference to the digital optical output signal = does not mute it).

I would be really interested to know why Stereo Mix will not show audio if there are no speakers or headphones connected.

kafkaschimp, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Stereo Mix

How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound card does not of itself support stereo mix.

Any suggestions please?

JohnCooling1, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

Stereo Mix does not have any audio

Stereo Mix Not Showing

It appears that the driver is not recognized by the computer. Your audio chipset drivers may be outdated, that's why Stereo Mix does not appear in the list of devices. We suggest checking the device manufacturer if there are available updates for the drivers.

Once you're done updating the audio chipset drivers, check again if the missing device will appear.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Stereo Mix does not have any audio

1. Stereo Mix does not have any audio - Similar Threads - Stereo Mix does

2. No Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Stereo Mix: [ATTACH] I try to use my two HDMI monitors as one audio output.So i read, that you can use the stereo mix to duplicate your output to another device.Big problem is, that there is no stereo mix for me - it's not hidden, updating my audio drivers won't fix and i'm really...
  3. Microphone not getting detected nor Stereo Mix detecting any audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not getting detected nor Stereo Mix detecting any audio: I bought a Dell Vostro 3470 desktop PC recently and when I plugged in my earphones in it the speakers got detected but not the mic. So I searched on internet for the solutions and I've tried the following: Tried another headphones and even a standalone mic. Uninstalled...
  4. Stereo mix not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereo mix not picking up audio: When I try using stereo mix for recording or for anything it doesn't seem to pick any audio up. I have stereo mix enabled and set as default device and is still not working, are their any ways to resolve this problem I looked it up but cant find any solutions....
  5. Stereo Mix

Stereo Mix: Why has Stereo Mix been removed as a recording option from Windows 10? This was a very useful feature in previous Windows versions and one that I very much depended upon for the successful completion of my collegiate studies. What do you suggest as a way to enable it again?...
  6. Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereo Mix: Hi. I have a dell computer. When I try to record audio output using, say, audacity, using stereo mix, it records an overly loud background noise, which isn't present or at least must be greatly exaggerated in the original. I have the same issue if I instead use Microsoft...
  7. Stereo mix showing but not showing audio

Stereo mix showing but not showing audio: A potential solution for those who use digital outputs to a separate sound system for your sounds rather than speakers or headphones, and have tried all the normal suggestions when Stereo Mix shows up on the recording tab, but shows no audio, and programs such as Audacity...
  8. Stereo Mix

Stereo Mix: How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound card does not of itself support stereo mix. Any suggestions please?...
  9. Stereo Mix not picking up audio

Stereo Mix not picking up audio: Recently, my Stereo Mix has not been working and I would like to be able to set it up to be my input device for things like Mumble or Teamspeak. It has worked for these things before, however now it does not pick up any audio in my Recording Devices tab. I have tried updating...
  10. Tohiba Laptop does not have Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Support
    Tohiba Laptop does not have Stereo Mix: A Rant. I recently bought a new Toshiba touch screen Laptop, primarily for my recording studio and on-site recordings. It works well with my DAW Software (Sonar Platinum) and my recording hardware. However, it does not have the Stereo Mix and from what I find there is...